Om Shanti Om - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Om Shanti Om Reviews

July 22, 2016
Om Shanti Om gave me that good movie vibe I felt while watching The Lion King. An creative and emotional murder tale filled with excitement.
This film had all the ingredients to The Masterpiece Formula and was very well made. I usually compare movies to paintings. But this film was so good I compare this film to my grandmother's magical tea. All the right ingredients, and incredibly put together.
Om Shanti Om - comedy, drama, fantasy, action, adventure, almost every single genre properly put together in a piece of art.

+1 genre neutral
+1 Shah Rukh Khan's extraordinary performance
+1 Creative, unique, original idea
+1 Strong story, emotional tale
+1 Well put together, very well made

This film is creative and excellently put together. 5/5. A must see Bollywood film.
April 25, 2016
Has all the components of being a masterpiece, great story, great performances, great dialogues, great, action, amazing songs, and is a memorable movie, which you will remember forever if you like Bollywood movies.
July 31, 2015
I really, really liked this. It was funny and at times in a sense operatic. Everyone did a good job and the song at the climax fit so well
January 31, 2015
I loved this movie. Very entertaining, and it was a treat for Bollywood fans to see all the stars at the end.
½ August 30, 2014
Great family movie. Excellent colourful and fun with a good storyline aswell. Done in a nice way, even if the story has been done before.
½ June 8, 2014
It goes on way too long, but it's enjoyable otherwise.
May 30, 2014
Best Indian movie of all generations.
February 3, 2014
just amazing! How do they do that? The fan operators are so expert Deepika never gets her beautiful hair stuck in her bubble gum!
November 29, 2013
The comedic moments are off the hook!
October 9, 2013
my favorite movie of shah ruck khan :)
October 2, 2013
Loved this movie, my brother and I often watch Bollywood together, this was most definitely one of the best!
August 31, 2013
bull shit...wasted my time on this film......
July 1, 2013
brillant movie must see
June 29, 2013
85%
Om Shanti Om might have a familiar reincarnation storyline, but the treatment and the mystic elements are just great. Om Shanti Om has a lot of scenes where many of the leading actors in Bollywood including the lead actor of this film spoofing their own hit movies, criticizing the super stardom and many such malpractices. This film is predictable, but the Farah Khan touch is there in the film which gives this ample entertainment value.
March 18, 2013
great songs, brght colours and all you want of a Bollywood movie
February 22, 2013
Reincarnation in a lame retro parody!
February 21, 2013
Not that good quite boring actually
February 14, 2013
In the top 50 bollywoods
February 9, 2013
This movie is amazing I think I have seen it at least twenty times! You will go on a serious emotional rollercoaster
½ February 6, 2013
I liked the homage and all, but not the film itself. All I got after this was an urge to watch more Mrinal Sen films.