Paranormal Activity 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Activity 2 Reviews

½ March 25, 2017
A lot more scary and entertaining than the original
½ March 18, 2017
People really don't know real horror when they see it. I'm never listening to normal people again. This movie was just as bad as the first one. I can't believe I wasted my money on this.
March 7, 2017
I find it unbelievable this movie has even slightly favorable reviews. It took 50 minutes for something slightly scary to happen, and the dynamics of the household could've been truly interesting but resort to almost nonsense in some of the interactions. As a whole, it felt uninteresting until they tried to make everything happen at once in the last 15 minutes.
February 27, 2017
just the same as the first one.
½ February 25, 2017
It's probably my fault but when I watched the first one, I was naiive enough to believe that it was actually edited from real supernatural footage. So, I kept watching it until it became obvious that they were just actors in a 'found footage' scenario. For some reason, I decided to watch this and to this day, it is the only movie I have ever walked out on. It was basically the same as the first one except the ample breasts of the lead actress were better exploited by swimming shots.
½ December 28, 2016
The second it started I could tell it was a slight improvement, because they had a bigger budget ($3 million) so it made them be able to have a better camera, but it's still not that good of quality sadly. Anyway, this is almost exactly the same as the first except worse because the actors give worse performances, it's unnecessarily a prequel, and there's more stupid crap and less tension. But again, the ending redeemed it to a 1.5/10. I remember thinking I didn't wanna see a third because these two were so nicely wrapped together (they connected this one by the end, REALLY well!) I may have forgotten to mention in the review of the first, so I'll just say here that I haven't been scared in either of these movies. A couple times I go like oh what, and think there's something scary coming, and that's how I get ready for it, but there never is. I also hate how it will kind of abruptly stop during the scary parts, like why stop when your on the way, and almost there, to scaring me?
½ December 25, 2016
What I got to say about "Paranormal Activity 2" is a sequel to the first one, but I will say it's not as good as the one was. "It has too many jump scares to a point that there times the predictable and times that they're not. In other words, I didn't find this one scary at all." The performance by the cast is awful to a point that these actors seem that they don't even care what happens to there characters at all. The directing by Tod Williams is completely bad. The screenplay by Michael R. Perry, Christopher Landon and Tom Pabst is atrocious. The cinematography is all over the place. Now yes it might be a hand cam cinematography, I watch this and thinking to myself "What am I even looking at here?" The choreography is something we never seen before. The score and effects are blah. "I have to report that "Paranormal Activity 2" as you can tell that this is a piece of trash of a movie that I don't recommend on see at all."
October 14, 2016
I don't know whether to consider this a prequel or a sequel because it's both. Most of the movie happens before the original "Paranormal Activity." Only the last 5 minutes happen after the original movie. Overall this is a pretty solid sequel. It may be mostly the same as the first but, I loved it. I Deffinetly recommend it.
½ October 7, 2016
The building up is drawn out to the point of tedium and the scares are meager at best.
August 11, 2016
Uneventful, boring, and gimmicky, Paranormal Activity 2 is another reminder of why these movies don't work.
½ August 2, 2016
Generally as horror sequels go, they are complete failures. This one proves that wrong; by no means does it improve, but certainly is just as entertaining.
Verdict: B
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Just like the first it's slow and not allot happens until the last 20 minutes, But there was a few more jumps on the way, Choosing to make it a prequel paid off, But most of the time we find ourselves watching security cameras hoping for something to happen then being let down.
July 7, 2016
This film focuses on relatives of the first household. It's fairly good and considering it's a sequel, it doesn't necessarily disappoint.
½ June 29, 2016
Paranormal activity 2 is ok. Thriller about the sister that has to be kid that the ghost once inside the house. The terrorizing the does to the family. Um ok thrills and this one.
June 29, 2016
This series is truly my horror Achilles' heel. No need for big budget scare tactics, these much simpler productions more than do the trick. They legit scare the s**t out of me. As good as the first, great story line to connect and expand on the first.
½ June 29, 2016
Nice bit of tension and a sort of prequel/sequel as it wraps around the original. Bizarrely nothing really happens from long periods of time...and then you notice something really nondescript happening...before all hell breaks loose!
June 29, 2016
A great reverse sequel to the first Paranormal activity installment. It tells of the story of the sister and the events surrounding her, her family and in particular her baby boy all which occurred within the same time frame of the first film. All with keeping the same unique, precise, believable scares all given in good pace building to a climactic ending. A great stark quiet ending with a wonderfully spooky void of believable silence paired with the CC film make this a genre to be imitated and enjoyed.
June 16, 2016
Parnormal Activity 2 is just as scary as the original.
½ May 26, 2016
The brief spark of horror originality that was Paranormal Activity is now doused by 1800 pointless sequels.
May 25, 2016
Great start to a spooky franchise, just make sure you watch number 3 after this and skip number 2 it's nonsense