Paranormal Activity 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Activity 2 Reviews

October 14, 2016
I don't know whether to consider this a prequel or a sequel because it's both. Most of the movie happens before the original "Paranormal Activity." Only the last 5 minutes happen after the original movie. Overall this is a pretty solid sequel. It may be mostly the same as the first but, I loved it. I Deffinetly recommend it.
½ October 7, 2016
The building up is drawn out to the point of tedium and the scares are meager at best.
August 11, 2016
Uneventful, boring, and gimmicky, Paranormal Activity 2 is another reminder of why these movies don't work.
½ August 2, 2016
Generally as horror sequels go, they are complete failures. This one proves that wrong; by no means does it improve, but certainly is just as entertaining.
Verdict: B
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Just like the first it's slow and not allot happens until the last 20 minutes, But there was a few more jumps on the way, Choosing to make it a prequel paid off, But most of the time we find ourselves watching security cameras hoping for something to happen then being let down.
July 7, 2016
This film focuses on relatives of the first household. It's fairly good and considering it's a sequel, it doesn't necessarily disappoint.
½ June 29, 2016
Paranormal activity 2 is ok. Thriller about the sister that has to be kid that the ghost once inside the house. The terrorizing the does to the family. Um ok thrills and this one.
June 29, 2016
This series is truly my horror Achilles' heel. No need for big budget scare tactics, these much simpler productions more than do the trick. They legit scare the s**t out of me. As good as the first, great story line to connect and expand on the first.
½ June 29, 2016
Nice bit of tension and a sort of prequel/sequel as it wraps around the original. Bizarrely nothing really happens from long periods of time...and then you notice something really nondescript happening...before all hell breaks loose!
June 29, 2016
A great reverse sequel to the first Paranormal activity installment. It tells of the story of the sister and the events surrounding her, her family and in particular her baby boy all which occurred within the same time frame of the first film. All with keeping the same unique, precise, believable scares all given in good pace building to a climactic ending. A great stark quiet ending with a wonderfully spooky void of believable silence paired with the CC film make this a genre to be imitated and enjoyed.
June 16, 2016
Parnormal Activity 2 is just as scary as the original.
½ May 26, 2016
The brief spark of horror originality that was Paranormal Activity is now doused by 1800 pointless sequels.
May 25, 2016
Great start to a spooky franchise, just make sure you watch number 3 after this and skip number 2 it's nonsense
April 30, 2016
A very boring sequel
½ March 13, 2016
Let me release the Kraken!

A family moves into a house that everyone in the neighborhood keeps their distance from. They begin to experience a series of events of what they believe is break-ins and set up cameras around the house to catch the intruders in the act. They discover the events are not break-ins or being conducted by burglars.

"Dad, please be careful."

Tod Williams, director of The Door in the Floor, The Adventures of Sebastian Cole, and the upcoming Cell, delivers Paranormal Activity 2. The storyline for this picture is just okay and not as good as the original and some of the follow ups. The horror elements were mediocre, as was the acting, but the script was clever.

"We just can't let this affect us that much; if we do that, the terrorists win."

I randomly came across this one night at 7-11 and grabbed it as the only Paranormal Activity picture I had not seen. This was very mediocre and not really worth a viewing. I only recommend this to die hard horror movie or Paranormal Activity fans.

"The spirits may be horny."

Grade: C
March 5, 2016
,,,¢,,,,¦,,¢,,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦â¦
February 8, 2016
a failure of a movie' and i thought the first was bad enough
January 27, 2016
Definitely not as good or suspenseful as the first in the series, but still entertaining. Though it was incredibly obvious that the purpose of the film is to setup the storyline for another sequel.
½ January 24, 2016
I liked being scared. Not as scary... but still fun to watch.
January 22, 2016
Serves up a few creepy moments but overall, this sequel is a pretty boring and confusing mess.