Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding Reviews

½ November 13, 2016
A decent family movie that kept me entertained. The plot is mostly blah and boring and very predictable.
½ November 5, 2016
also ronald reagan book and homophobic comments??? and the girl being mad judgmental and rude to a butcher that she doesn't even know, she's not even a vegan and therefore she partakes in the same meat industry she criticizes. also that dumb ass film the boy made at the end looked like my 7th grade nucleus video, and all these ppl pretending to be activists is just offensive, everyone in the cast is white and insanely privileged, they have nothing that they are fighting for, they are all just activists to feel morally superior
½ September 28, 2016
Simple enjoyable and easy to follow film.
½ June 1, 2016
It's not an Academy Award movie, but it had its moments, Jane Fonda plays the aging hippie well, it was her grandkids that were the ones who you wanted to watch. Since they were ducks out of water in Woodstock. In the other hand nice acting, and nice way to explain a different life in another country cities. As that being said for this being a solid movie with did a mention Elizabeth Olsen how beatiful she is in this film... she is gorgeous to see on screen, one of the main reasons why I watched this movie, So I give " Peace, Love And Misunderstanding " a C-.
May 2, 2016
So funny with a wonderful free-spirited turn by the luminous icon Jane Fonda. Hippy-ish good fun. See it!
January 1, 2016
Ignore the haters - this movie is wonderful. Sure, there are a couple of plot contrivances, but there are in all movies. I absolutely loved it. There are some amazing female actors in it, the scenery is breathtaking, and the plot is sweet.
May 23, 2015
Silly but well intentioned. Isn't an indie film without Catherine keener! Gotta love the queen Jane Fonda as a hippie!
May 13, 2015
The main plot line was mislead by subplots that just made the movie very confusing and boring.
May 7, 2015
I'm not so sure I was in the mood to watch such a movie which is probably why my impression about it is so low. Or it could be the fact that it's a messed up, boring drama with no consistent story or character development.
March 15, 2015
It's complicated. Life is complicated. Relationships are complicated. It's a good movie about letting go and accepting but not judging. Live and let live. Good cast. It's hard not too be engaged by the lovely Jane Fonda. Entertaining and simple.
February 2, 2015
I know, it's not a great movie, but I loved it. I wanted to spend time with these people after it was over. I wanted to get to know them better. I want to know what happens to them.
December 25, 2014
Strange story of hippies from the 60's but, still enjoyable mother daughter relationship building in this one.
½ November 15, 2014
Nice casts. Jane Fonda as hilarious as ever. Nat Wolff looks like specializing in separated family child.
October 1, 2014
A candidate for the Boring Hall of Fame
August 28, 2014
Story-wise, it seemed a bit contrived. The driving force behind the piece is the mother/daughter role, which is explored, but the husband/father role is scant and lacking. A pleasure , entertaining, but not exactly moving.
August 23, 2014
A nice little family film done with passion and heart. characters are nicely penned and the story even though a little too flower power to be true, feels good and refreshing. The cast is obviously very well directed and the script manages to avoid some clichés while walking straight ahead into some. Overall it's a pleasant film that reaches it's modest ambition. entertain and make you pass a good time. Target fully reached.
August 16, 2014
This movie needs something really big and exciting to happen but otherwise it is generally good. I always get Catherine Keener and Daphne Zuniga mixed up.
August 14, 2014
It is probably the hippie in me, but I think this is a lovely and inspiring movie.
August 4, 2014
Much better than the Tomatometer would have you believe. Maybe I'm just a sucker for stories about life, romance, and starring Lizzie Olsen? I'll admit the fact that all three generations of women find their salvation in relationships with men is a bit anti-Bechdel for me!