Penelope Reviews

• Nov 26, 2019

This is a good film that shows the flairs of its lead actress Christina Ricci rather well. Much as I would like to give Penelope unreserved praise, I can't stretch my lukewarm approbation that far. This is an uneven production. It will appeal most strongly to pre-teen and early teenage girls although there's enough enchantment for other demographics to discover a diversion. Fans of the TV series Pushing Daisies may find echoes of that series here, although Penelope is more restrained in its comedic and satiric elements, keeping them in the background (except in certain scenes with O'Hara). Boiled to its essence, Penelope is Beauty and the Beast with the twist that in this telling, both Beauty and the Beast are aspects of the same person. While not a cinematic classic, this film delivers pretty much what could reasonably be expected from a movie that opens with the caption "Once upon a time? Go give it a watch.

• Oct 07, 2019

Boring but not unbearable.

Boring but not unbearable.

• Aug 09, 2019

This movie was really pure and sweet. Gave me a similar vibe to George of the Jungle with Brendan Fraser. It had adult themes, but in such a light-hearted, whimsical way, in the end it was very much meant for kids.

• Jul 12, 2019

This was one of the best movies ever and even though it seems childish you will not regret watching it

• Jun 14, 2019

A charming film that only needs to be viewed once is someone's lifetime

A charming film that only needs to be viewed once is someone's lifetime

• Jun 06, 2019

This movie is lovely! Half of the beauty is the set and costume design. The movie is fun and smart and quirky and has an amazing cast,

• May 30, 2019

A decent romance story with a great cast. The chemistry of the movie was great! Definitely worth a watch! 5/28/19

• May 05, 2019

I Loved the Movie. 😊

I Loved the Movie. 😊

• Apr 16, 2019

Excellent. Very sweet love story and parable about self-love. Loved it!

Excellent. Very sweet love story and parable about self-love. Loved it!

• Apr 13, 2019