Plan 9 from Outer Space - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Plan 9 from Outer Space Reviews

May 12, 2018
First in, and the reporter/narrator is trying way too hard to be the voice of God. Later on, the subpar acting doesn't match up to the (almost-dubbed) fake voices. Even the lines and sets try to appear grand, but are quick to see are closet jokes. The nation footage is obviously stock footage. The Sci-fi/horror elements make less sense. The aliens aren't aliens. I won't laugh.
March 18, 2018
Plan Nine From Outer Space failed at many of the components that make up a good movie. It had no consistency as props would change randomly throughout scenes (pictures from bedroom walls were randomly replaced with other pictures in between cuts) and the time never stayed the same as it switched from day to night and then back to day within the span of seconds. The lines were poorly written and poorly delivered and the outfits of the martians looks liked something that was a mix between a 6th grade art project and purchases from the Dollar Store. Overall, the movie had nothing given it any cinematography merit. The scenes were often supposed to be serious, but due to they poorly done directing bordered closer to amusing or pitiful.
½ March 16, 2018
Yeah, it's pretty bad
March 11, 2018
It is considered to be one of the worst films ever made and therefore a cult classic. I have to admit, it made me think a lot about when a bad film's status changes to so-bad-it's-good but, to me, it's just bad.
March 6, 2018
This film is so bad that is impossible not to like it. Aliens and vampires... What do you want more?
½ February 26, 2018
Plan 9 From Outer Space is everything a movie SHOULDN'T be. Although there are obvious flaws, this movie raises one question: Can a movie be so bad that it is somehow good?
February 11, 2018
There are written articles, books, and discussions regarding almost everything about "Plan Nine from Outer Space." I offer a new take on the film. Do you think Ed Wood (consciously or subconsciously) planned to make a satire of the flying saucer invasion pictures released in droves during the 1950s? One can certainly consider "Plan Nine From Outer Space" a spoof of these "Outer Space" types of films. Finally, a question for the ages, asked by the countless, but still unanswered and unknown. Whatever happened to the first eight plans?
January 26, 2018
Mind-bogglingly awful, and all the more absorbing and unintentionally funny for it. Hopeless ineptitude across the board barely merits a star, but I commend Wood for trying something creative. Wait, I don't respect this film, do I?
January 12, 2018
More boring than funny bad.
½ November 11, 2017
A movie that has a pretty interesting plot but, is utterly boring. If there is one thing that a movie needs to accomplish in order to be successful is a movie needs to be entertaining. This movie wasn't so it failed. The aliens were boring. The zombies were boring. So, to wrap up this review I can't recomend this movie for the main fact that it's boring.
October 29, 2017
Somehow, a horribly made movie with terrible acting, ludicrously bad sets that include cardboard gravestones and UFO's that are really hubcaps on strings and a silly story line finds a way to be hilarious and charming even if it's unintentional. Not many movies can REALLY earn the "So bad it's good" title, but this is one of the few.
½ October 7, 2017
And now we come to it, the "most terrible movie ever made." Plan 9 From Outer Space is a lot of things, but the most terrible movie ever made it is not. I've seen movies much, much worse than this. There's one thing that this movie has that a lot of bad movies don't have, which is charm and genuine soul. The people that made this loved what they were doing, despite being terrible at it. It all stems from Ed Wood, who loved what he did and liked all of the people around him that he worked with. It comes through on film. Flying saucers on wires, horrible day to night continuity, dialogue that eludes to things we know nothing about, and let's not forget the terrible acting. It's all in one package. You'd have to be stupid not to like this movie even a little bit. It has enough about it to enjoy that, I'm sorry to say, a lot of bad movies that come out today can't even come close to. Thank you Ed Wood for being so terrible and entertaining at the same time.
September 5, 2017
So bad that it's actually hilarious
July 23, 2017
Absolutely hilarious, you can feel how hard Ed Wood tried to make a good and just failed, but on the bright side he made so of the most entertaining movies ever, and was inspiration for one of my favorite movies of all time "Ed Wood", so thank you!
July 16, 2017
This movie is so bad, that it's good.
The strings on the UFOs and the story is just a big WTF with a nice tension that makes this movie amazing and bad at the same time.
June 19, 2017
Oh boy, Plan 9 from Outer Space: Ed Woods guilty-pleasure "masterpiece".  Honestly I couldn't finish it.  The story and plot is so retarded, for lack of a better term.  I guess it's about aliens raising up zombies, flying saucers that look like aluminum plates and...yeah.  For a measly 78 minute long film, this was a boring, obvious, dry, unintentionally funny slog among other things.  The set designs were cheap, the dialogue was amateur, the performances were unremarkable, and I could go on, but long story short, this is awful.  And no, it's not so bad it's good, it's just bad.  Really bad.  Ed Wood was the Uwe Boll of his time.
½ February 20, 2017
As bad as it is, you've got to admit; it's a pretty original movie with a nice charm.
December 25, 2016
Funny but unintentionally so, Plan 9 from Outer Space truly is as bad as everyone says it is. The costumes, effects and horror sequences are beyond campy, the plot is stupid, most of the performances are poor and it is above all an immensely silly movie with the dialogue that contains many absolutely ridiculous lines.
½ December 20, 2016
Ed Wood's most infamous creation and a definite prove of how outrageously inept he was as a filmmaker. Featuring a lot of laughable acting and dialogue, ridiculous special effects and a disastrous notion of space and time, this is a masterpiece of sheer awfulness.
November 19, 2016
One of the BEST WORST Films ever! This one shows that Ed Wood is just terrible at filmmaking! But this film has a unique charm that makes it enjoyable to watch. Defintely check the RiffTrax version though!