Plan 9 from Outer Space - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Plan 9 from Outer Space Reviews

½ November 11, 2017
A movie that has a pretty interesting plot but, is utterly boring. If there is one thing that a movie needs to accomplish in order to be successful is a movie needs to be entertaining. This movie wasn't so it failed. The aliens were boring. The zombies were boring. So, to wrap up this review I can't recomend this movie for the main fact that it's boring.
October 29, 2017
Somehow, a horribly made movie with terrible acting, ludicrously bad sets that include cardboard gravestones and UFO's that are really hubcaps on strings and a silly story line finds a way to be hilarious and charming even if it's unintentional. Not many movies can REALLY earn the "So bad it's good" title, but this is one of the few.
½ October 7, 2017
And now we come to it, the "most terrible movie ever made." Plan 9 From Outer Space is a lot of things, but the most terrible movie ever made it is not. I've seen movies much, much worse than this. There's one thing that this movie has that a lot of bad movies don't have, which is charm and genuine soul. The people that made this loved what they were doing, despite being terrible at it. It all stems from Ed Wood, who loved what he did and liked all of the people around him that he worked with. It comes through on film. Flying saucers on wires, horrible day to night continuity, dialogue that eludes to things we know nothing about, and let's not forget the terrible acting. It's all in one package. You'd have to be stupid not to like this movie even a little bit. It has enough about it to enjoy that, I'm sorry to say, a lot of bad movies that come out today can't even come close to. Thank you Ed Wood for being so terrible and entertaining at the same time.
September 5, 2017
So bad that it's actually hilarious
July 23, 2017
Absolutely hilarious, you can feel how hard Ed Wood tried to make a good and just failed, but on the bright side he made so of the most entertaining movies ever, and was inspiration for one of my favorite movies of all time "Ed Wood", so thank you!
July 16, 2017
This movie is so bad, that it's good.
The strings on the UFOs and the story is just a big WTF with a nice tension that makes this movie amazing and bad at the same time.
June 19, 2017
Oh boy, Plan 9 from Outer Space: Ed Woods guilty-pleasure "masterpiece".  Honestly I couldn't finish it.  The story and plot is so retarded, for lack of a better term.  I guess it's about aliens raising up zombies, flying saucers that look like aluminum plates and...yeah.  For a measly 78 minute long film, this was a boring, obvious, dry, unintentionally funny slog among other things.  The set designs were cheap, the dialogue was amateur, the performances were unremarkable, and I could go on, but long story short, this is awful.  And no, it's not so bad it's good, it's just bad.  Really bad.  Ed Wood was the Uwe Boll of his time.
½ February 20, 2017
As bad as it is, you've got to admit; it's a pretty original movie with a nice charm.
December 25, 2016
Funny but unintentionally so, Plan 9 from Outer Space truly is as bad as everyone says it is. The costumes, effects and horror sequences are beyond campy, the plot is stupid, most of the performances are poor and it is above all an immensely silly movie with the dialogue that contains many absolutely ridiculous lines.
½ December 20, 2016
Ed Wood's most infamous creation and a definite prove of how outrageously inept he was as a filmmaker. Featuring a lot of laughable acting and dialogue, ridiculous special effects and a disastrous notion of space and time, this is a masterpiece of sheer awfulness.
November 19, 2016
One of the BEST WORST Films ever! This one shows that Ed Wood is just terrible at filmmaking! But this film has a unique charm that makes it enjoyable to watch. Defintely check the RiffTrax version though!
September 19, 2016
Uneducated and disgusting. Crowned the worst of all time.
½ September 2, 2016
Once you overlook the cheap effects and multiple direction goofs and actually take the time to pay attention to the dialog/characters, you'll notice this isn't just an ironically good film, it's a legitimately good film that actually raises some really interesting issues. If anything, while I know this was unintentional, I see the cheap production values as more of a test to see if the audience will actually notice what the film is saying and not just how it looks.
August 26, 2016
It takes a certain kind of skill to try so hard and still make utter crap. That's what's incredible about Plan 9. The awkward narration, anti-rhythmic editing, cartoonish acting, shoestring budget, all culminate in a final scene of browbeating exposition with some kind of message that makes us all shake our heads as we laugh. A classic of bad cinema.
August 7, 2016
To fully understand this film, and that it is often mentioned as the worst film of all time, Tim Burton's 1994 Biopic 'Ed Wood" is a must see. On that note, you can fully appreciate the lacklustre yet passionate approach Mr. Wood has to his film making, and it makes this film a treat to watch.
July 23, 2016
They couldn't even get real aliens.
½ July 7, 2016
As spectacularly bad as its reputation promised, this is not to be missed. It brims at every frame with accidental laughter, level A bad acting, dialogues that will melt your brain to sludge. And by the way, the actual ''plan 9'' will be by far the most hilariously stupid plan youve ever heard of. And you will be delighted by the prospect of the ''solaronite'' and its deadly serious scientific explanation.
June 27, 2016
It's not even close to being the worst movie ever made. It's one of the absolute best B-movies.
½ May 17, 2016
It's campy! It's so-bad-it's-good! It's Ed Wood's "Plan 9 From Outer Space"! Often seen as the worst film ever made with is poor acting, bad special effects ,bizarre story, and clumsy dialogue cranked up by 150% percent made with an incredible amount of confidence making it too enjoyable to truly hate. Film buffs everywhere should experience this "classic".
April 18, 2016
It is quite awful but has a cultish charm. Aliens make contact with earth but military wishes to cover it up.