Planes: Fire And Rescue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Planes: Fire And Rescue Reviews

May 19, 2019
Impressive on how well it turned out to be. It was very well made - even though it was formulaic to make some points predictable - when dedicated to our everyday heroes by showing how the rescuing jobs are done while being very well animated on the processes. It turned out to be better than what to expect from it when it was lacking the enjoyment of the "Cars" films. But it has more connections to those roots than its predecessor when it only had a few connections. (B+)
April 8, 2019
i haven't seen this movie but i saw an ad for it so i have seen the movie, and i got to say IT IS SUPER LAME, PLANES 2 WTF DISNEY MAKE GOOD MOVIES LIKE LION KING 4 I LOVE THE GODDAMN LION KING SEQUELS MASTAPEECES
½ January 22, 2019
Not the best movie I have watched but the music was pretty good
December 23, 2018
Not too bad, not too good. My main complaint for the film would be that everyone talks WAY too fast and almost never stop speaking--the film could use a lot more quiet moments to let character emotions sink in, but it feels like it's almost afraid to do so. I had to watch it two or three times before I even picked up on all the lines (some of those are REALLY crammed in there!)

Second main complaint would be the protagonist: I kind of feel like he was bland and the film would have been stronger with some other random plane taking the wheel. The gearbox element was fine and drove the plot forward but there was no need to tangeantally tie this into the previous "planes" movie with the racing airplane... it was really unrelated and tacked on. As such the protagonist was easily the least interesting character in the film. Blazin' Bill and the rest of his crew (minus annoying yellow plane) were fine, though, it would have been interesting to see them developed further.

But it's okay for a "kid's film." The fire visuals are pretty cool, and even if you know where the plot is going it's not handled awfully. If your kid likes airplanes or fire they'll probably have a good time and I think that's all the film was really trying to do anyway. I wouldn't deliberately turn it on but I'm not rolling my eyes through it wanting to turn it off when it does come on, either.
September 19, 2018
Kids liked it. Much better than the first. Not sure why it has so many poor ratings.
July 13, 2018
Well for me Planes Fire and Rescue is better than the previous planes, me and my family loved it. This film is very suitable for warm hearted person and also this film teach our child about friendship and courage to save people around us.
March 31, 2018
The first one is better but both are terrible.
½ November 29, 2017
Planes: Fire and Rescue shows all ages what hard work truly is. It even starts off with a dedication to firefighters at the beginning of the movie. I would give this movie a 76/100. This is a good sequel for Planes.
½ September 17, 2017
It Has A Different Setting & New, Varied Characters. The Story Adds Onto The Past Events With Some Minor, Subtle (Nothing Too Serious) Character Development. It's All Wholesome & Good Nature In The Delivery With Afew Laughs Thrown In For Good Measure..Now What More Could You Want In The Family World Of Pixar-Disney??
September 14, 2017
170914: Just doesn't hold the same glow as the first Planes film.
September 1, 2017
Planes: Fire and Rescue improves upon its predecessor with colourful animation, enjoyable rescue sequences, especially in the third act and decent voice acting. However, since it still has that cash grab feel that gives Pixar good reason to sit this one out, like its predecessor, it's not an entirely recommendable feature for older animation enthusiasts. Some of the jokes actually work and it doesn't have that racist feel that the last movie had. However, I'm still asking questions regarding how characters from the last movie just disappeared and are never mentioned again. Oh, and it still can't help but feel more like a movie targeted towards little kids than actual families, despite some jokes that'll fly over their heads. So, Planes 2 won't win over anyone who still hasn't forgiven Disney for the first movie, but younger audiences will be satisfied enough with what they're given.
August 17, 2017
Clearly aimed at children, 'Planes: Fire and Rescue' is very simply written with a cliché plot, one-dimensional characters, bland dialogue and average animation. Having said that, it is infinitely better than its predecessor which was, essentially, a worse version of 'Cars'. Ultimately, what makes it watchable is the solid voice cast and the few exciting action sequences involving the team fighting fires which are, to be fair, very well done and set to some appropriately rocking music. Simply put, it's not really worth watching, but if you must, it'd be best to temper your expectations.
½ August 2, 2017
A slight improvement over the first but still not great
April 20, 2017
A nice film with Disney polish & gusto!
February 19, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 7, 2017
The Thing that shocked me the most about this sequel is that it was released...LESS THAN A YEAR AFTER THE 1ST MOVIE!!!
January 15, 2017
best animated cartoon movie that I have ever seenð~
November 10, 2016
This needless sequel to an awful spinoff of Pixar's most lacklustre movie shockingly ends up being pretty fun. It's by the numbers and aimed squarely at children but there's nothing wrong with that.
October 24, 2016