Planet B-Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Planet B-Boy Reviews

July 4, 2014
Just seeing the trailer is unbelieveable!
May 29, 2014
Cool and fun without being too niche. Makes you want to go to the next championship even if you've never taken much notice of the subject before.
December 29, 2013
This is not the documentary for me.
½ June 25, 2013
muyyyyyyyyyyyy buena!
July 29, 2012
Lee allows the people and subject matter to speak for themselves, and that's what draws us in. Break dancing is amazing but it's the personality that makes it interesting. And I wonder if they actually filmed at Camp Boniface - without getting shot or banned for life.
July 21, 2012
Loved the exposure to b-boy culture, but even more than that I was grateful to be introduced to who some of these dancers are and where they're coming from.
April 18, 2012
I think this movie was a perfect way of contributing to the hip hop culture and what its like to be fond and into the lifestyle.that alot of movie goers dont understand why most movies based on this culture is made!I seen alot of comments from those that have no idea what its like to be a fan of street dancing,and maybe if they took the time to watch and learn why its such a big deal in dance films..they would understand why it dont take much storyline or an oscar winning role acting in any movie that is based on the dance,but thats what this movie brings to the table about street dancing and the lifestyle..wich I was fond of back in late 70's early 80's and wich still is going strong today all over the world,and I commend benson lee's contribution to try and teach the world what the culture and lifestyle is about and means to the world of hip hop..the music the dance and the lifestyle..is all they need-kudos- to the hip hop nation and benson lee for trying to teach the world..what the dance is all about!!
½ February 14, 2012
Without an interest in break dancing either then or during it's comeback, I found this one difficult to sit through. Boring as hell.
½ January 15, 2012
Eye popping and awesome. It's an interesting view of the worldwide phenomenon of breakdancing as well as a good intro to its history and heritage (especially in the bonus features).
½ October 9, 2011
Wow, this is quite an amazing, energetic documentary. Inspiring.
September 11, 2011
My love for this dance..no lifestyle is projected through this movie.
July 16, 2011
wow u have to see on this video
June 30, 2011
Too much story is covered which causes for less characters to be cared about. So many great little stories that they could of focused on. But does show B-boying as an art form and how different cultures can be brought together. I would say though probably the only movie that could actually use more slow motion.
April 20, 2011
Great topic for a documentary, although I'd have preferred it to have shown more dancing footage. The human element felt a little forced. Still worth seeing!
April 5, 2011
don't u wish u can pull off these stunts! breaking is an art. not everyone can do it .pioneer of hip-hop
March 27, 2011
You should see this movie.
February 20, 2011
Inspirational documentary about the intertwining of cultures via break. Watched people do what they love. I laughed, gasped, cried a little and was at the edge of my seat to see who wins.
February 6, 2011
This was fantastic. Could have watched for hours.
February 4, 2011
Great documentary that introduces us into the world of break-dancing in various countries.
January 16, 2011
Great documentary displaying the sacrifice, hard work, history, and love of what a true b-boy really is.