Possum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Possum Reviews

½ April 30, 2019
I watched this 6 months ago and I still think about it occasionally. Sean Harris is riveting, as usual, but as most of the reviews say, it is thin material for a feature length film, _but_ I was unable to look away the whole time. It's not massively scary, but my goodness is it disturbing.
April 23, 2019
One of the worst movies I have seen in some time.
½ April 15, 2019
I respect the willingness to broach such a difficult topic, but there's enough material here for a 30 minute film at most.
½ April 8, 2019
An unexpectedly fantastic film that left me thinking about it long after it ended. The symbolism of the spider and the fear of abuse was brilliant. Along with the poem that parallels the lead characters childhood torment. This film is the definition of eerie and truly left me feeling unsettled.
½ March 25, 2019
It's a bloody ripper, this one is
March 3, 2019
Wow! I honestly did not expect thiscto be as eerie as it is. Please watch!
½ February 28, 2019
I don't know HOW this managed the 86% on this site. Picks up a bag with a face-masked spider. Puts down bag with a face-masked spider. Looks at said face-masked spider. That's pretty much it.
½ February 17, 2019
What did I just watch? Weird tormented guy walks around with a super creepy spider puppet in a leather bag. Very oppressive heavy and dark with a heavy indy cult feel. Definitely worth watching if you are tired of standard B movie horror fare.
½ February 17, 2019
De las mejores pelĂ­culas de gĂ (C)nero de 2018 y en mucho tiempo.

Todo un tour de force por la mente rota de una persona bastante perturbada por su pasado y la culpa.

No quiero entrar en muchos más detalles, pero sin duda la película está rodada excelentemente, el trabajo de Sean Harris llevando el solo la película es magnífico, los valores de producción, aunque se notan baratos, están genialmente usados y sin duda es una fantástica puesta de largo para Matthew Holness despuà (C)s de traernos cosas tan fantásticas como Garth Marhenghi.

Muts Watch.
½ February 16, 2019
tihs is the most boring horror film i've ever watched. there's no way of connecting with the lead character as no information, traits, goals, intentions are shown, so it makes for a film where you feel constantly disconnected from the whole plot, you feel excluded from it, or in other words, bored. because there's nothing, or nobody, you can relate to.
½ January 8, 2019
The slow burn is real, BUT, it's very worth it, and it has meaning. The last few minutes are really intense and left me feeling very unconfortable.
January 3, 2019
Loved this movie! Sean Harris nailed it.
January 2, 2019
Loved this creepy, dread inducing movie. sean harris was amazing!
December 29, 2018
A bit slow, but the spider puppet is an absolute nightmare. Definitely an 'along for the ride' type of movie.
December 27, 2018
If you want to be spoonfed mindless formulaic hollywood bullshit that lets you know when to be scared then this movie is not for you. The people giving 1/2 a star are brainless idiots incapable of thinking for themselves or focusing their attention for longer than 5 minutes if they need to use their imagination and interpret a movie in their own way.
This is a brilliant but disturbing & bleak film. A descent into the troubled mind of the lead character Phillip who is absolutely outstanding in this role. The use of the puppet as metaphor for dark secrets/skeletons in the closet works well but as I said above some people are incapable of personal interpretation in this way as they are used to being spoon-fed mindless garbage. Its creepy horror done in the way only the brits can do not cheap jump scares/gore US style. I had to try twice because the first time I found it very uncomfortable to watch and I stopped but the second time I watched the entire thing and loved it.
½ December 12, 2018
Terrible movie! 'Nuff said!
December 2, 2018
Sorry the film just didn't have enough plot to make any damn sense, it's obscurity was too broad and there was nothing to go off of to pull it together. It's like the film maker created some creepy puppet and tried to create a story surrounding it but failed miserably. The movie has a dark atmospheric aesthetic but there is nothing within its narrative that gives it any meaning.
November 16, 2018
In this cases I always start by saying, "I don't like horror movies", so you know. "Possum" is one of the many that will not help changing my mind. I watched it for the settings and for the very creepy puppet, and those are the two reasons for the two stars. Those were good. The three stars missing are for everything else, but mostly the story. There is none for about all the movie, and when it finally "unfold" is pretty basic and takes just two minutes of the whole movie. So, until next time, horror movies.
½ November 15, 2018
Until I saw the ending I couldn't quite work out what was going on, but then it all makes sense. Very bizarre film and quite eerie.
November 14, 2018
So many awkward moments (which i think was part of the point) - but not worth them all.