PTU (PTU - Police Tactical Unit) Reviews

• Oct 19, 2012

The entire film takes place essentially over the course of one tense night as a group of cops race to recover the lost gun that could disgrace their team. The film almost feels shot o a set, as most of the action happens around deserted city streets with groups of police of thugs wandering about and encountering one another at varying turns. Good stuff, decent action bits. Well worth a rental.

• Jun 12, 2012

A skilled Director, Johnny To, a good "police and thieves" movie, a very good photography, all together make a good evening on the couch. The story is not new, but the elements are well blended; the late night atmosphere - the story starts and ends in the same night - in a dark Hong Kong recalls John Landi's Into the night... but without his humor. A good 3 stars movie, a dvd that worth the ten bucks ;-)

• Mar 25, 2012

The longest night of the PTU, where the empty street of the city become the scenery for ordinary crime, ordinary corruption at every level:, where truth is the real victim but "life goes on". Works like a charm.

• Mar 10, 2012

good solid crime drama

good solid crime drama

• May 05, 2011

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to Johnnie To films but I tend to enjoy the films I have seen. While I enjoyed PTU I found it far from perfect. I had a hard time trying to figure out what the point of the film was. What was the real drive behind each of the characters? Was this a film about Police corruption? Was it a crime drama? A comedy? There were just too many characters that seemed to be important but outside of the main character who loses his gun, they really aren't more than filler. This film could have been done as a 30 minute short with better results. There are glimpses here and there throughout the film that hint at the drive behind each character but nothing is truly fleshed out. I did enjoy the acting even if the characters weren't fleshed out enough. Either needed to be more fast paced or longer to add more depth to all the characters cause the end product was only "ok" in my books

• Mar 27, 2011

sedikit membosankan,bukan film yg tepat jika ingin melihat aksi polisi dor2 an dengan action lebay,,(IMO)

• Feb 19, 2011

Johnny To favours atmosphere above plotting and though it looks tremendous it won't keep you on the edge of your seat.

• Jan 02, 2011

Non è il più bel film di To, ma le atmosfere restano decisamente affascinanti ed il ruolo del fato si rivela forse anche più rilevante del solito, accompagnato da un'agrodolce speranza che non sempre fa capolino nei film del regista. Ci sono titoli più o meno riusciti nella lunga filmografia di To, ma nessuno di essi mi ha lasciato indifferente e questo non fa eccezione.

• Jun 22, 2010

The central premise of a policeman loosing his gun and desperately trying to find it before dawn is a staple of the crime genre and with PTU To doesn't really do anything different with it. To has an interesting mix of drama and comedy to the situation and the film is beautifully shot with solid performances all round, but there is very little to make this stand out from a crowded genre.

• May 20, 2010

A few good shakedowns and a shootout, but ultimately boring.

A few good shakedowns and a shootout, but ultimately boring.