Quartet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quartet Reviews

March 18, 2017
They did a very good job. This isn't my typical type of movie but I actually enjoyed it. The music was really good.
January 22, 2017
Started watching. Highlight was an old Scottish man constantly making seductive comments to women of various types and ages. Not cute or amusing. Tiresome. Had enough. Moved on.
January 22, 2017
It was ok. It was very a very cute movie and I laughed a couple times. The cast and acting were awesome and was a very different type of movie.
August 26, 2016
a rare find for sure! A film I have enjoyed many times and I will watch it many more times and love it each time! BRAVO!!
½ July 4, 2016
Lovely viewing. Great cast. Something for the mature set. Premise is beautiful and execution is solid. Could have done with some more flourishes but overall an entertaining gem of a film.
May 30, 2016
Sincerity, love, deep friendships and an undeniable overflow of passion in the hearts, heads and hands of these musicians. btw, this was my first movie on sbs demand :)
April 22, 2016
A delightfully quirky movie with some great acting about getting old and being old and still having a life in spite of it all.
November 5, 2015
Delightful - eautiful music.
November 5, 2015
FANTASTIC for all music lovers and some of us, older audience. Congrats Dustin Hoffman, great job!
June 19, 2015
Lovely story of old age, regrets and lives lived fully. A bit slow and sentimental but it has lots of soul and an amazing cast. The ending is a anticlimactic but sweet.
½ June 5, 2015
Loved it! Funny, sad and well worth watching!
½ June 2, 2015
A gentle depiction of old age at a home, with a lot of moaning and complaining thrown in for authenticity. In reality this is a fairly ordinary romantic storyline that could pass at any age, but with age comes notoriety and this film packs in many well known British names.
½ May 24, 2015
Really great acting and really great music, though a little slow and more true-to-life than a riveting plot. But generally enjoyable.
Harlequin68
May 21, 2015
In "Quartet," things are looking tough at a retirement home for opera singers and other assorted divas in England with all the hopes riding on a fundraising concert presided over by Cedric(Michael Gambon). That hope rises with the arrival of Jean(Maggie Smith), a living legend. But Reg(Tom Courtenay) has mixed feelings, no surprise considering they were once married. Meanwhile, Wilf(Billy Connolly) looks for a bush to take a leak behind.

Even as predictable and cliched as it is, "Quartet" is still not a total loss, as it is also more than a little touching. That starts with Dustin Hoffman in his directorial debut, showing a bit of visual flair. And then there is the cast, including several ringers from the world of opera. Yes, one can make a case that Maggie Smith can do what she does in her sleep(and probably does), but that does not make it any less amazing, especially paired with the equally capable Tom Courtenay.
April 30, 2015
Soooo great!! Fantastic film :)
January 7, 2015
This is a great little movie. Dustin Hoffman lovingly directed it, and Maggie Smith is magnificent. Gentle, lovely film!
½ January 6, 2015
Really good film with famous faces galore! Thoroughly enjoyed & recommend it.
½ January 4, 2015
So glad I've finally been able to watch it! & a place I really wouldn't mind ending up! ~
January 3, 2015
Great,heart warming and up lifting!
½ January 1, 2015
Great actors doing great things with a hopelessly soapy and directionless story. Should have been much better especially with Tom Courtney adding charm. Wasted opportunity