Raavan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raavan Reviews

½ May 14, 2014
Melodramatic. Beautifully and creatively shot. A little crazy. And with a bit of a water fetish.
February 14, 2014
Pure eye candy! It's Exotic! It's Sensual! It's Primal! Songs engage your heart and ears! This is absolutely My favorite Bollywood film!

Fantastic action adventure!
December 26, 2013
Best Bollywood movie I have seen by far! I think it would have been better without the music. The story and acting is phenomenal!
June 22, 2012
Landscapes of the film are beautiful. Interpretation of actors is different from the style of classic Indian movies. The action takes place rapidly. A Indian movie that I watched with pleasure.
½ March 6, 2012
Had potential, but very disappointing. Could have been an edgy examination on injustice, or a good crime/adventure-drama. However ruined by the usual Bollywood features of trying to turn everything into a romantic drama and the all the singing and dancing.

A bit hard to take a movie seriously when you have a dramatic moment, and all of a sudden the hero/heroine starts singing! Totally ruins the flow of the movie, and makes it overly long.

Plot also drifts, and does so from early on. A tighter, more focussed movie with no useless singing or dancing scenes would have been about 90 minutes, instead of 125 or so, and would have been a lot more enjoyable.
½ June 18, 2011
A different film from the usual Bollywood movies...Abhishek...is awsome!
½ May 7, 2011
There is a saying that "in any war, the side that wins is the side that was right from the beginning." This movie pushes that test to the limit by taking one of the most famous war between individuals in Hindu history. Instead of focusing on Ramayan's version, Mani Ratnam decided to "add" to the plot and change the opinion of Raavan. Although an interesting perspective, I think the movie did not flush out the stories well enough and instead spent a lot of time on things that did not add to the plot. Otherwise, the acting was quite good although a bit over-the-top at times.
½ March 3, 2011