Ratboy Reviews

• Oct 31, 2015

It's "Howard the Ratboy" without the stupid ending like 1986's "Howard the Duck" as this film basically uses the same predictable premise except this time it's a lonely single woman discovering a boy like rat instead of a duck. Of course, the ratboy teaches the woman about love and life.

• Apr 19, 2013

What a boring turd of a movie and I only gave it a star and a half because of the great make up job and some of the cameo's by some unknown actors at the time.Actors like Bill Mahr,john Lovitz,john witherspoon,Robert Townsend and Louis Anderson made early film appearances in this festering asshole of a motion picture. I guess when you're Clint Eastwoods girlfriend all it takes is tickling ole Clints taint with your tongue to get your own director gig. I'm guessing that's how Sandra Locke got this because if you look at her filmography almost all of her stuff has something to do with Clint Eastwood which says to me that she couldn't get anything on her own.

• Oct 21, 2012

This movie is very boring! Don't waste your time if you ever happen to stumble upon a copy,

• Oct 24, 2011

Quite possibly the worst movie of all time. Sandra Locke is atrocious!

Quite possibly the worst movie of all time. Sandra Locke is atrocious!

• Jul 17, 2011

• Jun 23, 2011

Simply dreadful. Sondra Locke (who also directed) plays an opportunistic LA woman who discovers a half human/half rat "boy" and decides to exploit him. Sondra is unlikable. Ratboy is unlikable. The whole thing is ridiculous. File this one under "What were they thinking?" Wait - I know what they were thinking. Sondra (who is not a particularly good actress) was Clint Eastwood's girlfriend at the time once again proving: It's not what you know, but who you blow.

• Jul 28, 2010

A weak E.T. parable. Sondra Locke should've stuck to being Clint Eastwood's on-screen bit of fluff.

• May 27, 2010

Not sure what this is about. I like strange films, but this one was just...retarded.

• May 04, 2010

1986 was a big year for movies. Such timeless cinematic classics such as The Karate Kid II, Hoosiers, and Maximum Overdrive ruled supreme in the multiplexes. But amongst all the time-honored pieces of film making released that year I feel that there is one unsung hero we hear so little about today. Ratboy, the dramatic tail (get it TAIL) of a misunderstood half boy half rat who is exploited by a black guy and Clint Eastwood's girlfriend. Many critics dismissed the film as trash upon it's release, but failed to address the very serious subject matter underlying in the story. The film is a tail (get it TAIL lol) of social class opression, a commentary on society's prejudice against rat people, and a story of economic struggle and America's lust for money. Sure this may be NASCAR driver Kyle Busch's favorite movie, but aside from that, this film has gotten no recognition as the contemperary classic that it is. Ratboy went on to inspire such films as Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, The Hurt Locker, and Dr. Dolittle 2

• Dec 06, 2009

Very sad emotional old flick!

Very sad emotional old flick!