Ratboy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ratboy Reviews

½ August 17, 2016
It's "Howard the Ratboy" without the stupid ending like 1986's "Howard the Duck" as this film basically uses the same predictable premise except this time it's a lonely single woman discovering a boy like rat instead of a duck. Of course, the ratboy teaches the woman about love and life.
½ June 2, 2013
Not sure what this is about. I like strange films, but this one was just...retarded.
April 19, 2013
What a boring turd of a movie and I only gave it a star and a half because of the great make up job and some of the cameo's by some unknown actors at the time.Actors like Bill Mahr,john Lovitz,john witherspoon,Robert Townsend and Louis Anderson made early film appearances in this festering asshole of a motion picture. I guess when you're Clint Eastwoods girlfriend all it takes is tickling ole Clints taint with your tongue to get your own director gig. I'm guessing that's how Sandra Locke got this because if you look at her filmography almost all of her stuff has something to do with Clint Eastwood which says to me that she couldn't get anything on her own.
April 3, 2013
Seen this movie as a child and I have been dying to watch it again but cannot find it ANYWHERE! :(
October 21, 2012
This movie is very boring! Don't waste your time if you ever happen to stumble upon a copy,
½ October 24, 2011
Quite possibly the worst movie of all time. Sandra Locke is atrocious!
September 15, 2011
½ June 23, 2011
Simply dreadful. Sondra Locke (who also directed) plays an opportunistic LA woman who discovers a half human/half rat "boy" and decides to exploit him. Sondra is unlikable. Ratboy is unlikable. The whole thing is ridiculous. File this one under "What were they thinking?" Wait - I know what they were thinking. Sondra (who is not a particularly good actress) was Clint Eastwood's girlfriend at the time once again proving: It's not what you know, but who you blow.
July 28, 2010
A weak E.T. parable. Sondra Locke should've stuck to being Clint Eastwood's on-screen bit of fluff.
May 4, 2010
1986 was a big year for movies. Such timeless cinematic classics such as The Karate Kid II, Hoosiers, and Maximum Overdrive ruled supreme in the multiplexes. But amongst all the time-honored pieces of film making released that year I feel that there is one unsung hero we hear so little about today.
Ratboy, the dramatic tail (get it TAIL) of a misunderstood half boy half rat who is exploited by a black guy and Clint Eastwood's girlfriend. Many critics dismissed the film as trash upon it's release, but failed to address the very serious subject matter underlying in the story. The film is a tail (get it TAIL lol) of social class opression, a commentary on society's prejudice against rat people, and a story of economic struggle and America's lust for money.
Sure this may be NASCAR driver Kyle Busch's favorite movie, but aside from that, this film has gotten no recognition as the contemperary classic that it is.
Ratboy went on to inspire such films as Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, The Hurt Locker, and Dr. Dolittle 2
December 6, 2009
Very sad emotional old flick!
January 7, 2009
This movie was a classic and I watched it ALL the time as a child.
½ November 21, 2008
And Clint Eastwood funded this turkey
½ May 11, 2008
Sondra Locke set out to make a heartwarming, poignant parable about the difficulties of being different. Boy, did she ever miss the boat. Every aspect of this appalling mess of a would-be modern fairy tale is misguided at best, and embarrassing at worst. The drama falls flat, the comic relief is boorish, the stabs at satire are clumsy and the main character, on whom the entire plot hinges, is a disturbing, unsympathetic blank who barely registers.
½ March 31, 2008
Vicky and I saw this film when we were in our early teens and still laugh about how crap it was now!!!!
March 30, 2008
never seen it but i seen the cover and thought seriously what a waste of time and money. although it was amazing that it was based on a true story.
½ December 31, 2007
This film sets the bar for all other films to be judged by. It is by far the worst movie I have ever seen.

I bought it from the second hand shop 'Cash Converters' on the basis that there was a bloke in the pub we used to drink in who we used to call 'Ratboy' behind his back.

It tries to be the film "Mask" - only with a Ratboy rather than an ugly bloke - but it fails.

My favourite moment was when Ratboy became famous and, to make the most of his fame, started smoking a pipe. Genius. Or rather, idiocy.

Sondra Locke should be ashamed.
½ November 5, 2007
A film about a half human, half rat creature, Ratboy is an extremely peculiar film. I'm not entirely sure what director Sondra Locke was intending, though I suppose the film was intended on some level to be a morality play about difference. I felt however the film missed the mark significantly, and instead has become little more that a bizarre joke of a film.
½ August 21, 2007
the greatest part is the kid running away at the end. i doubt a sequel is in the works, but i like to think that the kid got sold to the circus on the other side of those hills
August 18, 2007
Fuck this fucking movie. What the fuck. Why would someone waste money on this.