47% The Other Woman Apr 25

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Red Obsession Reviews

Carlos M

December 14, 2013
An enlightening documentary that can be really absorbing, showing us the art involved in winemaking and how wine has been turning into an economic investment due to its always increasing demand - especially from China - leading to an unprecedented impact on the market.
August 26, 2013
I haven't had this must fun learning from a documentary in quite a while, and this feature-length film was a pleasant surprise. 75 minutes of learning about french winemaking, geography, globalization, and the volatility of supply and demand.
February 22, 2014
Such an interesting documentary. Not at all what I was expecting. Fantastic
January 6, 2014
One of the most fascinating and entertaining documentaries I've ever viewed. The newly, fabulously wealthy Chinese have been bidding up wines of the Bourdeaux region for the last several years and making it no longer accessible to most in the West.

A fascinating look at two of my favorite things: wine and markets.
December 29, 2013
Extraordinary & educational!! Wine enthusiasts watch this
December 23, 2013
If you're like me and cant tell the difference between a Pinot Noir from a Merlot yous could still find some interesting tidbits about how wine has becomes China's latest status symbol
November 30, 2013
A most see before travelling to France
December 11, 2013
Very nicely done, needs to be watched with a glass of Bordeaux in hand... Delicious.
December 5, 2013
Good documentary on the pricing of wine.
December 3, 2013
A poorly made film that leaves you feeling like not everyone should make a documentary.
December 2, 2013
Ihan mielenkiintoinen viinidokkari.
November 30, 2013
Esse pra tchurma do suco de uva.
November 25, 2013
Really awesome documentary on the "State of the Wine", highly recommended for all wine enthusiasts and documentary lovers. Excellent
Rai  MI
November 18, 2013
This is a pretty interesting film about the wine industry in China. Some of the film looks at the 2009 & 2010 vintage years of French Bordeaux red wine. Chinese investors bid up the price of these unusually good years to very high prices. The effect was to price other players out of the market place.

The film touches upon the very large number of billionaires and millionaires in China. One very wealthy businessman is shown to have made his money manufacturing sex toys. He has a very large wine collection.

The Chinese are also seeking to establish their own home-grown wine industry. This activity includes buying French chateaus and moving them for reassembly in China. They are also buying French wine growing lands and taking over their operations.

One wine growing investor is attempting to grow grapes in an area of China with severe weather extremes. This requires the vines to be buried to survive harsh winters. Workers then have to dig them up again in the spring. This seems like less than a winning business plan.

This was a very intriguing documentary.
September 17, 2013
Why can't I rate a movie zero stars? This movie is absolutely insane! The very rich, making a documentary about themselves. I cannot imagine who this was made for. Folks involved in this movie don't even watch TV.
September 16, 2013
We just watched this at the Living Room theatre. Really interesting, light-hearted documentary.
September 8, 2013
Interersting film to see.
September 7, 2013
I hope it comes to Toronto
September 6, 2013
Looks fascinating for wine lovers and students of the Chinese economy.
September 5, 2013
Red Obsession opens tomorrow in New York and LA, 100% so far on Rotten Tomatoes! Gil was interviewed several times for the movie; in Bordeaux, Burgundy and Hong Kong, and is in the trailer as well. I can't wait to see this! :D