Red Obsession - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Obsession Reviews

February 4, 2016
So fascinating! If you're a wino like us, you NEED to see this film!
½ February 8, 2015
Really interesting doc.
December 27, 2014
A truly fascinating portrait of the wine industry of Bordeaux, and the fickle love/hate relationship that their biggest buyers in China have with it.
½ November 14, 2014
Very well done and full of important wine history,
August 12, 2014
Rampant consumerism as the order of the day in China.
July 17, 2014
A straight forward but ok documentary that suddenly takes an unexpected turn for the more interesting halfway through.
½ July 12, 2014
Not really a wow doco, it's just telling us something we already know, which China is the biggest market at the moment. This movie make me believe that teaching anything to the Chinese will produce bad consequences, ie copying your prize brand product!
June 26, 2014
Interesting documentary on both French wine and some aspect of the Chinese economy.. Loved it!
½ June 26, 2014
Some people have money don't they! Buying 1.5 million dollar bottle of wine. I wouldn't spend $20 on a bottle.
May 10, 2014
Netflix 5/10/14
Started slowly but turned into a really interesting story not only about wine but about Chinese culture, economics and global influence/implications. Right now average wine consumption for Chinese citizens is 1 bottle per person versus 34 for France and US. If China approaches those numbers they will consume all the wine in the world.
½ April 24, 2014
A good documentary, especially for wine lovers.
March 2, 2014
Interesting look at the current status of wine and those who collect it.
February 22, 2014
Such an interesting documentary. Not at all what I was expecting. Fantastic
February 18, 2014
[2014-2-18] No doubt, that's CHINA!
February 9, 2014
The intricacies of the world of wine.really fascinating
January 6, 2014
One of the most fascinating and entertaining documentaries I've ever viewed. The newly, fabulously wealthy Chinese have been bidding up wines of the Bourdeaux region for the last several years and making it no longer accessible to most in the West.

A fascinating look at two of my favorite things: wine and markets.
December 29, 2013
Extraordinary & educational!! Wine enthusiasts watch this
½ December 23, 2013
If you're like me and cant tell the difference between a Pinot Noir from a Merlot yous could still find some interesting tidbits about how wine has becomes China's latest status symbol
December 22, 2013
Fascinating documentary about Bordeaux wine highlighting the glaring difference between the passion of the makers and critics and the new Chinese market where famous brands like Latour and Lafite are mere status symbols to be acquired.
December 16, 2013
An enlightening documentary that can be really absorbing, showing us the art involved in winemaking and how wine has been turning into an economic investment due to its always increasing demand - especially from China - leading to an unprecedented impact on the market.