Reign Over Me Reviews

• Jan 23, 2020

Really moved me. Sandler gives an incredible moving performance. I cried a few times...also introduced to a lot of great music I had not heard.

• Dec 28, 2019

Not my favorite movie of his, its in my top 5 though. Arguably his best technical acting performance of his career.

• Dec 24, 2019

I grew up loving Adam Sandler comedies but then this movie came along and really made me respect the guys acting ability.

• Nov 28, 2019

You want proof Adam Sandler can give a good performance? This is all the proof you need!

• Sep 11, 2019

Wonderful movie. Sandler is amazing , has a lot of meaning 18 years on from this tragic event.

• Sep 08, 2019

Reign Over Me had potential to be a great movie but it suffers from a mediocre script and an over reliance on plucking the emotional heart-strings of the audience (at times without earning it). Both Sandler and Cheadle do a great job with the limp material they're working with. The cast as a whole is impressive, but the ambitious emotional roller-coaster of a topic tackling PTSD post-9/11 needed more than just major household names to rely on. It's rawness is what gives it a pass, but it needed to be a lot more fearless than it was when dealing with the subject matter at hand.

• Jun 27, 2019

This movie prove Sandler can play in any role even with hand of gun! Best chemistry with don Cheadle ..

• Mar 16, 2019

A wonderful film about friendship and a man who is still trying to cope with the death of his wife and kids. Adam Sandler really does his best here and is not obnoxious like he normally is. It will pull at your heart strings when you realize the rough patches that Sandler's character has gone through in his life. If you enjoyed Sandler's performance in the underrated film Punch Drunk Love then you will really like this. You can see how Adam Sandler's character was affected when he lost his family and how his life changed when Don Cheadle's character comes back into his life

• Feb 19, 2019

Truly touching film that was well written, well directed, and well performed. We need more films like this that show men NOT BEING TOXIC and being compassionate to others. It was nice to see a male friendship that isn't based on getting drunk, high, or picking up on women. Whole cast was great.

• Dec 23, 2018

Holy Crap is this movie good! Words I never thought I would say, nor see anyone else say, "Adam Sandler's acting was incredible! This is a life changing sort of film!