Religulous Reviews

• Jun 14, 2019

A toxic dose of Bill Maher's ego. Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

• Feb 18, 2019

good movie. asked a lot of questions, created a lot of discussion, and generally showed the silliness of organized religion.

• Jun 18, 2018

Nice to see Bill tackle a subject most people would not. I give it 5 stars simply because it says what so desperately needs to be said worldwide. This poor world is at the mercy of stupid people. And religion is at the heart of it.

• Apr 17, 2018

"Religulous" is heavy handed, unintelligent and dare I say, preachy. In the best interest for anyone, if you're even a little smart. Please, skip this film. It'll rot your brain!

• Oct 27, 2017

Bill Maher is an atheist, like many of you on here... I have to hand it to him and all of you, really! Your all so smart and lost! Tell me this, how do you not believe in something that's not real? Hmmm, interesting.. Let me give all of you some good advice, k, you better start finding out, and I mean very soon! If your right or wrong? Because trust me, you DO NOT want to be wrong, because the place that you go is very real! And honestly, I don't want that for anyone, even BILL MAHER!

• Oct 10, 2017

HE INTERVIEWS PEOPLE AND CUTS THEM OFF AS SOON AS HE HEARS SOMETHING HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH. I like the documentary but let the people talk! It's not an interview if the people are continuously interrupted and unable to even finish a sentence!

• Aug 29, 2017

Maravilhoso! Todo mundo que tem religião deveria ver esse filme!!!

Maravilhoso! Todo mundo que tem religião deveria ver esse filme!!!

• Jul 25, 2017

Tackling the potential dangers of religious belief is a minefield, but that doesn't mean many haven't attempted it. Bill Maher, best known for his show Real Time, a famous opponent of organised faith, tackles the subject with gusto and his trademark sarcastic, biting humour. I'm a big Maher fan, not just because I think he's hilarious, but because he isn't afraid to speak his mind, regardless of how against the grain his opinions may be. It's true that Religulous is a film more for people who already have an axe to grind with religion, and will likely not be too warmly received by those who believe in a God, but it's undeniable that his discourse with priests, rabbis, evangelicals and even alleged descendants of Christ, is infinitely illuminating as well as darkly funny. Maher pokes and prods at the questions of faith which have been asked for centuries, and is unfortunately unable to obtain many definitive answers, but the fact that this is so really says something about those who frequently purport to being in possession of them. Some might find the film cheap and insulting, but I don't think Maher set out to make people happy, he set out to make them think. His natural instinct is comedy, but the laughs bring out a certain tragic realisation; that those who claim to have the answers are none too pleased when someone dares to ask the questions. Religulous is a having a dig at religion, no doubt, but it certainly is entertaining in the way it does so.

• Jun 30, 2017

Religulous no es precisamente un buen documental. Casi parece el loco intento de Bill Maher de dejar mal a toda persona religiosa con la que se cruza. Una especie de intento de ir a hacer daño a las religiones organizadas con el único pretexto de hacerlas quedar mal antes las cámaras. No está muy bien rodado, ni editado, ni guionizado, .... Ahora sí, si como yo, eres una persona que está totalmente encontra de todo tipo de religión organizada, al menos disfrutarás de 100 minutos de Maher dando caña a los más variopintos personajes. Al menos si podemos decir que muchos de ellos se merecen la metafórica paliza y los que no, el propio Maher parece incluso hacer quedar bien y pasar un buen rato con ellos. No veas Religulous como una especie de documental del que aprenderás algo (salvo lo ridicula que puede llegar a ser la gente) y tomatelo más como otra de las películas de Larry Charles, Borat, donde son las personas las que se autoepxponen a sí mismas como personajes ridículos y extraños.

• Jan 12, 2017

Bill's a man of faith. Faith in humanity, morality, accountability and common sense that is.