Resident Evil: Vendetta Reviews

• May 05, 2020

The third film in the Resident Evil CGi movies taking place after Resident Evil: Degeneration (2008) and Resident Evil: Damnation (2012). This movie takes place in between the two video games Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil 7: Biohazard. These films are purely just for fans of the video game series, but even then this movie never is as good as the previous film was. This movie follows Rebecca Chambers (Erin Cahill) as she studies the A-Virus. A virus that is capable of giving commands to the person infected. It's really dumb. Anyways Rebecca's research facility is attacked by Glenn Arias (John DeMita) a man who is seeking revenge against the US because his wedding was bombed during a drone strike. Again really dumb. Anyways Rebecca is attacked, but Chris Redfield (Kevin Dorman) saves her. They see a connection to this A-Virus and to the events of Resident Evil 4, so Chris and Rebeccas travel to talk to Leon Kennedy (Matthew Mercer). But during the meeting Arias and his goons attack them all and end up taking Rebecca. Therefore, it's up to Chris and Leon to get Rebecca back and stop Arias from spreading the A-Virus. That's the gist of it all. I will say the animation is really well done and the action is very cool. The plot is terrible though and it reminded me of the earlier Resident Evil games that had just some real piss poor narration to it all. This is a skip for anyone, but diehard Resident Evil fans. But, like I said even big fans of the genre probably should just skip this one as well and just play one of the games instead.

• Apr 11, 2020

An enjoyable film if you know the characters, some great action scenes achieved by good use GCI and movement of camera, avoids convoluted storytelling but suffers from plot armor.

• Feb 02, 2020

This CGI version of resident evil is about what you would expect. The movie has a couple of fun exciting action sequences but the pacing and script are a mess. The voice acting and dialogue are not much better either. The problem is this movie feels like one giant video game cut scene. That’s not bad except you’re watching the entire thing and it becomes tedious.

• Jan 22, 2020

This movie is pretty bad. BUT it does have some pretty fun action scenes

This movie is pretty bad. BUT it does have some pretty fun action scenes

• Nov 13, 2019

Not a movie for non Resident Evil gamers. Fast-paced combat with zombies and blood. A bit annoying when soldiers are shown simply pointing their weapons at the Zombies and eventually begin shooting in random directions only after the Zombies are all over them.

• Oct 20, 2019

Far better than the live adaption. I like how similar this is to the video games.

• May 23, 2019

I love this movie so much, i cant stop watching it

I love this movie so much, i cant stop watching it

• Apr 18, 2019

An ok video game film. Unfortunately characters are all very flat and stereotypical. At one point I thought the two male leads are twins base on how similar they are. And the tone have the weird pre-adolescent man-child vibe which I guess should be expected. Plot is not expected to be important; although there is little suspense, twist, or scare for Resident Evil. Too many tropes (the first 10 minutes have two scenes of two different men yelling nooo to the sky amidst destruction with a woman in arms; major groan inducing moments). Some sequences have background characters too much like NPC dummies which I guess cutdown on production time (what pedestrians legit walk that slow in NYC! Or not reacting to bullets tearing through building, neither hiding nor screaming, even after their crash dummy character was hit). Best enjoyed as a 1hr cutscene action sequence. Even then the style can get repetitive; all fights are similar as they all went to the same fighting school. /end

• Mar 22, 2019

This movie is amazing. Screw all the haters.

This movie is amazing. Screw all the haters.

• Dec 30, 2018

An amazing Resident Evil movie, especially for the fans! Really liked it, the action is top notch and the graphics, sound, story is cool too!