Rio Bravo Reviews

• 2d ago

Who said Dean Martin couldn't act? He owns his role. And John Wayne has been responsible for incredible performances in American Westerns but his turn here as John Chance is criminally underrated.

• Aug 27, 2019

Great Great movie.Ive always liked this one. Great cast. The Duke..Dean Martin ...Ricky Nelson...Walter(The Real McCoy) Brennan..Angie Dickinson..Ward Bond.This one has it all! And a great ending!

• Jul 29, 2019

One of my favorite westerns. Excellent cast.

One of my favorite westerns. Excellent cast.

• May 23, 2019

Just rewatched it for the first time in years, instead of remaking Rooster Cogburn they really should have done this one. It's amazing how much they managed to do with a single set and like two interiors. It's your cheesy Western and it's definitely lost it's place in time, but man Dean Martin who knew he was such a great actor.

• Mar 06, 2019

john wayne sure made a lot of movies

john wayne sure made a lot of movies

• Mar 03, 2019

Dated, some acting is obvious.

Dated, some acting is obvious.

• Feb 21, 2019

One of the coolest casts ever!

One of the coolest casts ever!

• Jan 26, 2019

The best Western movie ever made!

The best Western movie ever made!

• Dec 27, 2018

I intend a half star. This movie is a poorly scripted, dully directed, flat, uninspiring, exercise in how Hollywood pleases itself. It is classically inane, at best. I don't know how to describe Angie Dickinson's many, many, many, monological over-acted outpourings except to wonder how she ever worked again. Every performance will annoy you to a greater or lesser degree. John Wayne wins the Least Dreadful award, let the balloons fly. And do not trust the opinon of anyone who says they love this movie for they surely lie. Thumbs down, as if never to rise again.

• Dec 10, 2018