Roadside Prophets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roadside Prophets Reviews

½ January 21, 2016
another good road movie
August 23, 2013
i hope the movie is great
April 10, 2012
great modern day road story. one of my faves, it was recommended to me first by a friend of mine who recently passed away
½ July 5, 2011
Quirky and while low in spots and rough all over, the eclectic cast and high points make this a must see for those who like the cult genre.
½ March 10, 2011
John Doe (lead singer from X) and Ad-Rock (from Beastie Boys) pair up in this hard-to-find road trip flick. Enjoyable cast with small parts from John Cusack, Timothy Leary, Arlo Guthrie, and David Caradine. The acting could be better, but it's still an enjoyable "Easy Rider for the 90's"
½ January 19, 2011
This movie is a classic
October 5, 2010
Real different story line ,kept us old people interested!
½ October 1, 2010
Two men on motorcycles go on a journey to scatter another biker's ashes. They meet a lot of interesting people on the way. This one was ok because of all the quirky characters. I kept waiting for something more to happen. Not overly exciting.
½ February 15, 2010
You don't need to be on drugs to see this film as if you were. You just need to keep in mind that it's a spoof-of-a-spoof of 60s road films. I'm never "sorry" I watched it.
February 9, 2010
When you pair Ad-Rock and John Doe in a motorcycle movie, it becomes hipster necessity. Then you get cameos by John Cusack, Arlo Guthrie and David Carradine, then it becomes indie film cred must see. At the end of the day though, you get some enjoyable people who meet some other enjoyable people to talk about life, love and death stretched across the backdrop of the "free" open road. Watch it with a buddy.
½ September 12, 2009
Quirky little indie, many cameos by counter-culture icons
August 1, 2009
a light, entertaining buddy/on-the-road/motorcycle story.
½ July 9, 2009
far from perfect movie, but pretty cool despite its flaws. Some great cameos. Great overall atmosphere. If only they'd hired actors instead of musicians in the lead roles, this could have been fantastic.
June 13, 2009
Nice. This film strikes chords if you ride a V-twin. This film strikes chords if you like hitting the road. Let's leave behind the poor acting and focus on the Canada, the lighting and the sounds from those engines: I love this flick.
February 15, 2009
John Cusack as a pirate
December 18, 2008
Pretty entertaining. Overall, I liked it.
½ November 25, 2008
While biking across the Nevada desert in search of a particular spot to cast a buddy's ashes, stoic factory worker Joe runs into annoying but decent youngster Sam. The carpe diem message would have worked better if their quirky mini-adventures had been a bit more interesting or added up to a whole greater than the parts, but the aimless neo-hippie idealism (witness cameos by Arlo Guthrie and Tim Leary) makes for a mildly pleasant ride.
November 22, 2008
Must have been rated a hit back in the early 90's. This movie is crap'ola. Do not recommend. Boring..yawn...waited and waited for it to get better & then the credits ran...waste of time.

Big waste of time...
November 6, 2008
This movie was HORRIBLE. However, it had a shirtless Adrock so I'm giving it 5 stars! Best line "There's a Motel 9 in Ely that has 48 rooms. 48 rooms!"
August 25, 2008
Early 90's indie done right. The plot is intentionally simple, the dialogue fascinating, the cameos unexpected and delightful. Compare to Southlander, which is rocker indie done wrong. Quite wrong.