Robin Hood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robin Hood Reviews

½ December 10, 2018
Watching Robin Hood is a nightmare that never wanted to end. From is terrible story to bad CGI i felt sick to my stomach watching every second of it. 1/10
Batman & Robin (Hood)
December 10, 2018
So..... they decided to go full blown SJW and make little John black by casting Jaime Foxx? Glad it paid off for them
December 10, 2018
If people could get past the fact that it's *another* Robin Hood I think they'd find a movie with it's own merit to be appreciated. Taron Egerton is charming and clever as Robin of Loxley. He hates that Sheriff for personal and political reasons but he grows throughout the movie into the leader of the common folk. John was definitely a favorite character - full of the snark we've come to expect from Jamie Foxx. Eve Hewson's Maid Marian was less a damsel and more a core part of the rebellion which was refreshing.
It's a classic tale with a fresh feel - don't knock it until you see it.
December 10, 2018
As likable as he is, Taron Edgerton can not save this movie.
December 10, 2018
Is a fun movie and that´s it.
½ December 10, 2018
Who the heck was the costume designer? The whole social justice, cool-modern-kid, Antifa pandering was waaay strong with this one
December 10, 2018
Entertaining, not a great movie but a pleasant biewing
½ December 10, 2018
I've walked out on 2 shows in my life. Highlander 2 and The Purge Election Year. If we hadn't gone with friends, I would have walked out of this one too. It was the absolutely dumbest show I've seen since the aforementioned. The ham-fisted attempts at propaganda were just too much to bear as well. If you're sympathetic to Christianity or not a fan of Antifa, save your money and don't see this absolute trash of a movie.
½ December 10, 2018
The feeling one must get when an American who can't do an English accent is rated a better Robin Hood than you...
½ December 10, 2018
The action was good. The story lacked adherence to the historic legend.

It was an good story, but it wasn't Robin Hood. The 40 year old Disney cartoon was more accurate.

Men In Tights was more accurate.
December 10, 2018
My oh my is this bad! Stay away, stay FAR FAR away.
December 10, 2018
I went into this a friend and my expectations were extremely low. However the first hour and a half was actually ok, but the pretty predictable story really let that last hour and 15 minutes really drag. I think my main opinion is that everything about the movie was ok except the story.
December 10, 2018
Really enjoyed this retelling of a classic. The different storyline was really refreshing. Great action, fantastic stunts, good acting, great costuming. Not sure why people didn't like this, we had a great time.
½ December 9, 2018
I don't believe this movie is worth even a half of the star. Everything from the costums till the scenes is just done really badly. I have no idea was their intent to make the wievers confused, but it definitely did.
The costumes are quite new age appropriate, which definitely do not belong to a middle age story. The beging of the movie says you should not think about the old robin hood stories, which I had no trouble with however we all know crusaides did not happen around world war two, so why make clothes for the movie in that era?
The story plot is ok, but not the greatest. I was basically cringing trought the whole movie. They took a great story and decided to murder it in all ways possible.
Overall, a very bad movie. Waste of the money and the time.
½ December 9, 2018
This movie was so bad. Robin was a wuss, anyone involved with him, including himself ended up captured and tortured at some point in the movie. There was a workout scene in the movie, maybe it should have lasted longer because, The Hood was always getting his ass kicked. He led a group of peasants armed with sticks and molotov cocktails to their slaughter, it was ridiculous. They hinted at a sequel with the guy from 50 Shades as the new sheriff, that dude better hope for some more 50 Shades movies.
½ December 9, 2018
Why does Hollyweird continue to believe pathetic films with bang's and lights but no real content will be blockbusters? ... How dumb do they think customers are?
December 9, 2018
I would give it a half star if I knew how to give it that rating.

There was no plot to be had in the film. It wore its political ideas on its sleeve with the film ending with a group of villagers dressed in Anarchist costumes battling The Black Knights. I honestly believe it was a reference to Antifa and their antics.

And in the story, he never thought of himself as a revolutionist. He always served King Richards the Third in the story and saved him from the Sheriff's plot.

It had too much ultra left wing politics that distracted from why Robin stole from the Sheriff of Nottingham and the Church. The villain was beyond comical to the point of being a mustache-twirling villain and two dimensional
December 9, 2018
This was an absolutely brilliant movie. It may not have the FAMILIAR story, but it was an amazing retake. The modern special effects created an epic feeling throughout the movie. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND this movie. .
December 9, 2018
I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. The abstract take on the story was brilliant. Since it didn't have a specific time period it took place in, everything felt so out of place yet together at the same time. If you like action, it's totally worth seeing.