Rocketman Reviews

• 3d ago

I didn't enjoy this movie. I watched it with a friend who is an Elton John fan, she loved it and I was looking at the clock for it to end. So I guess for full enjoyment one would have to be an Elton fan.

• 6d ago

Awful film. Great music. And that's what's important really.

Awful film. Great music. And that's what's important really.

• Aug 03, 2020

Buena música. Historia entretenida. Del mismo estilo pero no tan buena como la de Freddy Mercury

• Jul 27, 2020

Made me understand the hurt behind all the glitz. We envy the celebrities and their net-worth but behind all that is a life we cannot claim to understand.

• Jul 13, 2020

Imagine the near-impossible task of creating an epic biopic that fully captures the over-the-top eccentricity and energy that is Elton John. And Taron Egerton did a dang good job. Disclaimer: I'm a big fan of Elton John. Yet, I'll do my best to keep my admiration of his music separate from this movie. Rocketman tells a half-fantastical, half-true story of the life of Elton John. It's more of a surrealist fantastical musical than a to-the-point accurate portrayal of his life. But, maybe it's better that way. The music numbers hit all the right spots. Performed out-of-order from the times Elton John is alive, Rocketman aims more for style than accuracy. Sound design and costume design are true to Elton John's nature and the entire team deserves praise for their hard work. And did I mention Taron Egerton's amazing vocal performance? Yet, my admiration for this movie stops there. The portrayal of this movie is told from a flashback perspective while Elton John is in rehab. We start the film from the present (rehab) and hop back and forth between the past & present. Though a fan of everything else about this movie, I found this method of storytelling is lazy, overdone, and uninteresting. Time is not fluid in this film as years and months are blended in this film and everything seems handed down to John. It's confusing and a disservice. Shame, as this movie was missing that one special "pow" that takes it to the next level. 3/5. Seems that the film was more interested in capturing the magic from Bohemian Rhapsody than capturing the magic of Elton John's life. If more thought was done on the script and plot, this movie could have flown as high as a Rocketman.

• Jul 13, 2020

Best musical film in the past five years.

Best musical film in the past five years.

• Jul 12, 2020

Seemed contrived and slow moving.

Seemed contrived and slow moving.

• Jul 11, 2020

A truly moving and fantastic film. It all felt so so real. Some great performances from the entire cast, and of course, spectacular music, which was woven into the film wonderfully. Elton John's story was told beautifully. That said, it is not necessarily the sort of film I would see more than once or twice.

• Jul 09, 2020

Finally got around to watching this gem, exploring Elton John's propulsion to fame and the bumps along the way. I was worried it would be too much like a greatest hits musical, but it was more like a film with a great soundtrack. I really like the film and recommend it.

• Jul 07, 2020

Rocketman is one of the most heartfelt, innovative and entertaining documentaries of recent history.