Romulus, My Father - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Romulus, My Father Reviews

July 6, 2016
heart warmer for the fatherless
April 7, 2015
Actor Richard Roxburg makes his directorial debut with this amazing film about a father struggling to raise his son while his wife leave the house and get entangled in a series of affairs that slowly disconnect her with her young son. It's a really well shot film, filled with great performances from the cast and a lot of attention to details. The bond between father and son is beautifully depicted and will probably ring true for a lot of people out there whether they are close or not of their parents. It's a good film and one can only hope Roxburg would continue to explore the directing side of cinema because he definitely has an eye for it and a beautiful way to communicate with his audience through films
½ November 10, 2014
Grew up knowing Character and live where it was filmed!
July 20, 2014
slow moving at times, but very touching. Eric Bana does a good job in the dramatic role and really captures the father's pathos.
July 13, 2014
the most nothing I've ever seen
May 22, 2014
A story of impossible love that ultimately celebrates the unbreakable bond between father and son.
April 8, 2014
My Rating: 4/5 stars; Grade: B+; Gesture: One Thumb Up; Status: Fairly Better (Fresh); Emoticon: :-).
February 1, 2014
I am going to pass on this one.
January 6, 2014
Excellent Performances All around With Each Scene Piecing Together A Life Remembered In The Harsh, But At Times Spectacularly Pristine & a Beautiful Aussie a Outback.
March 3, 2013
you're all stupid hagbags and don't deserve a say in anything. This movie was brilliant and deserves to be seen, Eric Bannana is a great actor and deserves some credit.
½ December 31, 2012
Very good, but not "great". I enjoyed Eric Bana in this movie, which was shot superbly in my home state of Victoria (Australia). I was also impressed by Kodi Smit-McPhee - one of the best acting performances I have seen from a youngster. Up there with the best Australian movies, I would have to say.
May 22, 2012
This was very different from most movies, including memoirs. I think this take a seasoned movie goer to really appreciate the depth of this, especially since there is no real story, as this is a memoir. This is a series of regular events that occur over a few years that shape a young boy into what he will eventually become. No shoot em ups or computer graphics in this one. the acting was absolutely superb, it was eerie. It was like watching these events unfold in real life. Because this movie was so deep, I felt that i had to kind of sit back at the end and think, wow
March 3, 2012
Such a wonderful, beautifully acted, sad Australian film set in Victoria. Extremely poignant true story....
½ February 12, 2012
A suprisingly good movie, starts off slow but gets better! Quite moving.
½ February 8, 2012
This movie is fucking depressing as it is frustrating. Made me laff doh. Good acting 2
February 7, 2012
A long, sad film; Romulus, my father is a heartbreaking tale with some spectacular scenery, great perfmances and gripping cinematography. However it's melancholic tale really does bring it down.
½ August 14, 2011
Everything about this movie is depressing. Even the darn bird is depressing. But the acting is superb.
August 13, 2011
Romulus, My Father. A true and inspiring story of family, love, fatherhood, and boyhood. A coming of age depiction from the outskirts of Australia, beautifully shot, and will remind any boy of his father. Both good and bad.
This film takes it's time to develop, asking it's viewer to accept the good with the bad. A directorial debut for Richard Roxburgh, you will be blown away by the performances in this tale. The moments are true and inspired.
August 9, 2011
highly sytlizied period piece great cast and little slo pacing wise.
½ August 9, 2011
depressing and well played drama