Rudy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rudy Reviews

September 13, 2017
the best sports movie ever
September 6, 2017
Greatest movie of all time. Acting is splendid and Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau start their amazing careers here.
½ August 30, 2017
Rudy is a film that should inspire all to work as hard as you can when you come up with a goal. The film was well constructed even though it was predictable. I don't know, I just didn't care for the character as much as I should have...he seemed a bit annoying to me
July 13, 2017
Like most sports movies, it's fairly predictable, but an enthusiastic performance by Sean Astin, and a downright inspirational story make this one of the best football movies of all-time.
July 9, 2017
It is a classic movie and a true story. It show how he wouldn't give up on his dream if all his family, friends,and girlfriend give up on him.
½ April 17, 2017
Hate football but half the movie wasn't even true like the scene where the football players put their jerseys on the coaches table and that was not true this movie is horrible on so many levels
March 20, 2017
This movie is the very definition of warm and fuzzy. It is the quintessential underdog story. Loved it. RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!
February 9, 2017
January 7, 2017
Classic. Perfect feel good movie; Astin owns the role.
December 4, 2016
Schmaltzy sentimental real life story blah blah. Sound terrible? It isn't.
October 29, 2016
While it huffed and puffed trying to reach the cinematic heights of Anspaugh's earlier film Hoosiers, it's still a heartwarming, albeit schmaltzy, sport film with Ned Beatty on his games as usual.
½ September 11, 2016
Fairly corny, but still an effective and uplifting story about not giving up and following your dreams through. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do something.
September 1, 2016
Best sports movie of all time!!!
July 28, 2016
A charming little sports picture about a young man determined to play for the Notre Dame University Football Team no matter the cost & despite his stature.

Sam Austin is terrific as Rudy with that baby face & sensitivity needed for the role.

I found it a little flat & uninspiring but I could see that how it would appeal to most audiences. Rather sentimental but overall entertaining.
½ July 19, 2016
A moving movie that is ruined by the knowledge that it's simply not a true story... but redeemed by Goldsmith's score, which crystalizes wonderfully in the final game.
May 26, 2016
Definitivamente la mejor película de futbol americano por excelencia que he visto en mi vida, una gran historia, excelentemente llevada, no te aburres en ninguna parte de la película, escenas de mucha pasión y completamente conmovedora y apasionante
May 26, 2016
A wonderful sports drama that is loaded with heart. It's inspiring and will make you feel good. It has become one of my favorites. (First full viewing - 9/23/2008)
½ May 9, 2016
Inspirational underdog story that is as boring and predictable as it is famous. Didn't like it.
April 24, 2016
this was a very beautiful heartfelt very wonderful I gave it A5
½ March 24, 2016
This movie teaches you that everything in the world is possible.