Sacrifice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sacrifice Reviews

½ March 1, 2014
Holy shit. What a horrible movie.
½ February 28, 2014
Soon forgotten .
Indeed ...did see it again forgotten ...
January 11, 2014
Another Cuba Gooding, Jr. dud. Why oh why do I insist on watching this low-budget dreck?
August 5, 2013
Film With Some Interesting Ideas, But Overall Bad - (2-Stars)

I am always interested in a Cuba Gooding Jr. movie, as his personality can carry even crappy plots. I feel bad for Cuba as the last few films he has made have been TV movie dramas at best.

This movie is no exception as the film work and writing are slow and dull. Though there were a few good scenes, such as the scene when Cuba visits the snake man.

I would advise against watching this movie, it is a drama/action film, but is missing the action and drama to keep you interested beyond the first 20-minutes.

Though I was able to watch the entire thing, I do feel it was overall a waste of time and I wish I had not seen this film.

It reminds me of a late night HBO rerun movie that you might watch if you have nothing else to do, and even then you probably won't walk away from the film even remembering that you saw it or anything interesting in it.

Though I love Cuba's acting, and I hope he hits a few more home runs in his career, this is not one of them.
½ January 3, 2013
Thursday, January 3, 2013

(2011) Sacrifice

Decent straight-to-rental flick starring Cuba Gooding JR as a highly regarded cop who has a disturbing past regarding some drug cartels wiping out his family that he can't get over. Then there's another story regarding a teenager looking after his little sister without any actual parents but works as a middle man for a wicked owner using her bar club as a front, and he wants out because he knows it's dangerous for his sister for him to be involved in. It is destined that both of them are going to meet but to what circumstances.

Although low budget, I thought this was involving solely because the main characters involved all have something in common and that is they had all lost somebody as a result of crime only to be reunited as a family is a clice but a positive outlook.

3 out of 4
October 26, 2012
a film with a lot of inspiring what is going on behind the drug wars!
½ October 24, 2012
Cuba Gooding Jr. and Mr. Slater bow your heads in shame. One of the worst hour and halves I've ever sat through. Poorly directed with a shockingly bad story line. Much of which has been done before 20 years ago and too a higher standard. Do not bother watching this film!!
½ October 22, 2012
Story is unclear and has no real direction. But Cuba Gooding jr. and Christian Slater did well.
October 19, 2012
I see that this has been slated by most of those who have seen it. True it's no classic and slater seems a bit of odd casting as the priest but the storyline is ok and played at a decent pace. There is a lot worse out there. Trust me I've seen them!
October 14, 2012
A cop who thinks he does not deserve to live tries to track down the dealers of a big drug operation taken place. Everyone he knows realize he has some messed up shit going on but also know that he is a fantastic cop
October 5, 2012
I wish these guys made better films than this. DTV stuff with Gooding jnr and slater the latter cast as a priest? Gooding plays the usual depressed lost everything cop while slaters priest stands in the background looking bored. something to do with heroin/drugs (with weird facts about the drugs trade at the start and end of the film),a brother and sister and some drug dealers. kim Coates is in this film as the main villian which usually should have been good but is given so little to do they may well have cast a nobody.the guy playing his son was a terrible actor and really stands out as well.
August 3, 2012
I'll never get this time back!
August 2, 2012
Good film, could have done with a bit more action though
½ August 1, 2012
This movie certainly isn't worth the sacrifice of the time spent watching it. Offers absolutely nothing.
½ July 14, 2012
Wow. Wow. Wow.

This garbage film is even dirt poor compared to bad 80's Showtime late night films.

Yet another piece of crap clearly produced and directed by recent film school grads.

Slow almost unintelligible tough-drug-cop storyline made even worse by the most unprofessional sound mix in movie history.

It's like listening to some weird VHS dub.

To make sure I wasn't crazy, I looked this movie up on IMDB reviews and multiple people made the same comment.
½ July 12, 2012
Keep the idea and the cast. Fire the director, editor, photo director and start over...that could be a very good movie.
½ July 6, 2012
A standard DTD movie. Bad acting from Slater and minor characters, bad editing, predictable story. It kept me entertained and Cuba is good but its what you would expect. Average entertainment.
July 2, 2012