Savages - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Savages Reviews

July 17, 2016
The ending is crap, but everything before it is engaging and well-paced with good character development on all sides.
½ July 13, 2016
Savages is your typical Oliver Stone film. The movie is great to look at very slick with a good story of corruption and power followed by some decent performances. The movie isn't perfect however there are some pacing issues in the two leads themselves are a bit bland. A little bit of work on the script really would've helped this one being truly something special. It's a decent Oliver Stone flick but it's not one of his best films.
June 30, 2016
Very good indeed different from anything else..made me want to keep watching didn't move once from the screen...
½ June 30, 2016
much better than I thought it would be
June 30, 2016
Savages is a simple story but made enjoyable by the strong performances throughout. I had no idea Blake Lively could act but her character was so believable she sucked me right into it, as did the always brilliant Salma Hayek. John Travolta's performance wasn't what we've come to expect from him but it didn't weaken the film.
Ultimately it does what it says: it excites you entertains you and the long run time is over far too quickly. Could I watch it again? Yeah...easily.
½ June 30, 2016
Film takes ideas and themes which have been used in other films and blends the in a novel way. Worth a watch
½ June 30, 2016
Not as clever or entertaining as it thinks. Poor, poor, poor... Stone should be embarrassed.
½ June 30, 2016
No wonder why this movie been straight on dvd, l think lt shouldn't even be on dvd.
was pwrfetly awesome
June 30, 2016
Can't say keeps you guessing but worth a look
½ June 30, 2016
Crazy, Violent flick! Above average., Very good acting.
June 30, 2016
Once again another "Unrated" version of a film with added footage that adds very little to the overall story. I liked Oliver Stone's SAVAGES, didn't Love it but, I liked it. The film has many flaws (what movie doesn't?) and I didn't much care for the "lush" look of the film. However my biggest problem with SAVAGES is it's ending. I wish I knew what Stone was thinking while in the editing room putting this thing together. We (without giving everything away to those who have yet to see the movie) get an imagined version of events and an actual version of events. Had Oliver Stone made this movie 15 years ago, he wouldn't have had a problem going one way or the other. Now however he seems to want to have his cake and eat it too as he seems unable (or unwilling) to give us a straight ending. And this ending is such that it could make or break the movie for a lot of audience members. B
June 30, 2016
It's good love twists and violence gore and nudity are always welcome
June 30, 2016
A very enjoyable movie. Has some comedy and intense action. A modern day Traffic with another Benecio Del Toro sighting.
June 30, 2016
No point and terrible ending
June 30, 2016
Oliver Stone fa il verso a Tarantino e lo fa molto bene, "Le Belve" é il suo miglior film degli ultimi anni. La Hayek, Travolta e Del Toro rubano la scena al terzetto di protagonisti. Gran bel thriller, da vedere.
June 30, 2016
Strong action revenge flick. Edgy & fast paced. Definitely worth a watch.
½ June 30, 2016
Ummm not a good movie. Very predicable very silly
½ June 30, 2016
Filmão, Del Toro merecia ganhar um Oscar fácil. Até Blake Lively atua direitinho. Ultra bem filmado com dezenas de técnicas diferentes, Oliver Stone dá um show. Fotografia espetacular e a trilha sonora não menos que fuderosa.
June 30, 2016
Was much better than I expected. Was so good, in fact, I wouldn't have thought it was an Oliver Stone film. He may have slapped his name on the screenplay, but the writing made it clear it was really someone else's work.