Scary Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Page 1 of 19066
March 20, 2017
Not very good comedy
March 9, 2017
Scary Movie is not meant to be taken seriously, judging by the jokes being thrown at the wall and hoping that they stick. Fortunately, most of them do (barring some out of the ballpark jokes and some that just don't make it), and the jokes that they have, their magnum opus perhaps lands in the movie theatre. The Wayans duo in Shawn and Marlon play characters that are capable of stealing the show and skewering the line of comedy; the former playing a possibly-bisexual quarterback with an unhealthy obsession, while the latter plays a typical stoner who spurts out some of the funniest jokes the movie has to offer. If you're in for some laughs, then Scary Movie can deliver, granted if you can handle the jokes.
March 3, 2017
Though it's unabashedly vulgar and profane, Scary Movie is nevertheless a gut-busting takedown of horror movie conventions loaded with clever references, goofy slapstick gags and genuine suspense that walks a fine line between guffaws and chills.
½ March 1, 2017
Defently the funniest of the Scary Movies
February 12, 2017
Can't be denied that is a classic already.
January 21, 2017
To enjoy "Scary Movie", you have to be somewhat familiar with common horror traits and some iconic horror films. This is a really, really dumb movie, but I have to say some of the jokes did make me laugh out loud. It is an enjoyable spoof film.
½ January 14, 2017
This Movie Was Really Inappropriate Like Really and Really Funny! And I Liked That It Was A Parody To Scream It Was GOOD FUNNY INAPPROPRIATE BUT STILL GOOD!
January 9, 2017
It was hilarious if you havn't seen it you'll love it
January 7, 2017
Some really funny bits in this film. Not seen it for a long time. Grew up with these movies. Remember renting this from Blockbuster back in the day and being in stitches watching this with all my friends. Good times. Waaassssssuuuuppppppppp !!!
December 30, 2016
A film that succeeds at making fun of two popular horror movies one of them being a satire itself, Scary Movie manages to be one of the more entertaining parody movies as well as being famous for leading its young teenage cast most notably Anna Faris in the role of Cindy Campbell even if its crude sex jokes end up occasionally grossing out certain viewers.
December 28, 2016
It still can't get rid of the parody-films' essence. But thanks to funny plot and clever character description, Scary Movie becomes one of the best parody-films ever made.
December 28, 2016
This one is actually pretty good. Doofy and main two leads are really funny.
½ December 28, 2016
This flicks are over-the-top and pretty underrated.
December 3, 2016
Funny on places but not side splitting.
November 5, 2016
I may watch on cable, so if I didn't like it I could change the channel.
½ October 29, 2016
Scary Movie is unabashedly crude and offensive, but it does a great job of subverting clichés that have been done to death, and the acting is surprisingly really good.
October 6, 2016
Love the whole series
October 3, 2016
Stupid, gross, occasionally offensive...but pretty funny.
½ October 1, 2016
Absolutely hilarious
September 29, 2016
This movie brings back memories from the Year 9 days in 2012. It was the best year of my life and this movie just brings Nostalgia. Despite what everyone says, if you just take the time to watch this movie, you'll appreciate the lightheartedness behind it. Its a very mellow relaxed movie to watch on a Friday night !
Page 1 of 19066