Scream 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 4 Reviews

November 16, 2017
New Movie, New Game, New Rules, New Franchise >:)
November 4, 2017
The late addition to the 90s trilogy that successfully mocked and celebrated the slasher genre at the same time does quite a few things right. There are enough new characters around who appear suspicious, the guessing game is fun. It also adds new layers due to the changed rules of social media in 2011, although that part already feels slightly dated six years later. Other aspects of the film are oddly familiar and repetitive, adding little more to the trilogy that we haven't already seen. The film is pretty entertaining and the ending somewhat different at least.
½ October 29, 2017
This has a decent story and an excellent cast.
½ October 23, 2017
I liked the start but as the movie went on I liked it less and less. Almost even more meta! Also even bloodier. But still kind of funny and campy, but not as much as previous. So stupid yet almost smart. Still implausible. Not as fun, and tedious and kind of annoying.
October 12, 2017
Okay the movie isn't perfect in the slightest it doubled up on the gore but it fixes a lot of the problems of Scream 3 I consider 4 being one of the best next to 2
½ October 12, 2017
i watch movie 2 months ago
October 8, 2017
"More Blood, More Gore"- Randy Meeks (Scream 2) It's a sweet horror treat!!!!!!!!
October 4, 2017
It can't match the first film, but Scream 4 is undoubtedly an improvement over the third film and just as good as the second, maybe even a little better. Neve Campbell's acting has definitely improved over the years, and Wes Craven's direction is spot-on. The meta humor is near-perfect, and the kills are just as great as ever. The reveal of the killer(s) was something I honestly didn't see coming, which is very impressive for the FOURTH Scream film.
½ October 1, 2017
Scream 4 is one of the few movies that feel like a rehash that I actually like. Scream 4 was a fun movie. It had good humor and some scary scenes with some good suspense. It was nice to see most of the characters return I thought that was pretty cool. The new characters were ok, they just seemed a little bit forgettable. I liked Emma Roberts role in this movie though, she was one of my favorite characters. The only problem I had with this movie was that it felt kind of like a rehash of the first movie. But overall Scream 4 is a pretty good movie. It has few new elements and it had what I liked about the first movie. But Scream 4 just can't get up to the heights of the first movie. B-
½ September 30, 2017
So good my 2nd favorite
September 24, 2017
Wish the killer had been someone other than who it was.
September 17, 2017
It was fun, and didn't take itself too seriously, but still maintained the same amount of blood
August 14, 2017
great fucking movie sad that wes craven he passed away he was the best horror movie director of all time
August 7, 2017
Terrible 4th installment in the scream franchise and hopefully the last starring the same people from the original movie who have not died yet but they should. I disliked the other 2 movies but the first movie is a classic but this movie, I know it takes place in modern times but after 4 movies it just gets dumber every time, I hope they do not produce a 5th movie and if they do, just reboot it, please.
July 29, 2017
This movie was awesome!
July 25, 2017
I really liked Scream 4. Neve Campell was cool. Good movie. 1 issue though is you can kind of predict who the killer is gonna be.
July 14, 2017
Nothing special. Not a good story and the bad acting make this a snoozer.
½ July 11, 2017
The horrible plot, no creativity or imagination, and terrible acting makes the film one of the worst sequels I have seen in the long time. Not recommended
July 8, 2017
So 11 years later, we finally get a sequel. Was it any good? Yes

The movie does the thing well where it reintroduced us back to Woodsboro.

The gore was excellent. It was overall an entertaining time.

Overall I would give it an 83%