Scream 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 4 Reviews

July 14, 2017
Nothing special. Not a good story and the bad acting make this a snoozer.
½ July 11, 2017
The horrible plot, no creativity or imagination, and terrible acting makes the film one of the worst sequels I have seen in the long time. Not recommended
July 8, 2017
So 11 years later, we finally get a sequel. Was it any good? Yes

The movie does the thing well where it reintroduced us back to Woodsboro.

The gore was excellent. It was overall an entertaining time.

Overall I would give it an 83%
July 4, 2017
I give this a 88/B+.
June 28, 2017
It's as scary and shocking as the original
June 25, 2017
The long awaited 4th installment gives us just what we expected. All the familiar faces return for yet another bloodbath which continues in similar fashion to the rest of the franchise, which is kinda what we hoped for in all honesty given that this is in essence the cult classic series that started the slasher frenzy of the 90's. Following a similar trend to the previous episodes, this movie tends to build up the death scenes that little bit more towards the start of the movie, before turning into a relentless massacre of a showdown at the after party towards the very end. It continues to link in with the very first 'Scream' (although not referring to the other two sequels at all), meaning some of the plot wouldn't be understood had you not seen the original (but let's face it.......who hasn't seen the original?). Nevertheless, i doubt many people would worry about that if it's just a plain old slasher they're after. The gore content does seem to have been upped in this one, although perhaps in this day and age, the deaths could have been made a little more original than just a stab wound. I mean we even had a catflap death in the original, but there's nothing of
such originality in this one. I was a little surprised at the ending also, as without giving anything away, the twist seemed all too familiar. Understandably, I guess coming up with a new and believable twist for the 4th time must be getting difficult now, but for a film that has been the basis of many a spoof film of late, it at times appeared to be spoofing itself. Aside from that, it's a thumbs up from me, and i definitely wouldn't say no to a 4th sequel.
June 20, 2017
New Movie, New Game, New Rules, New Franchise >:)
June 11, 2017
Nothing on the original 2 films, but provides a superior film to Scream 3.
½ May 31, 2017
After the ill conceived LA Glitz of episode 3, this one is back to a more toned down esthetic that fits its suburban core, feeling like its the true part 3. It would have been quite nice apart from a very bad casting apointment; Emma Roberts has truckloads of charisma to be herself but actual acting is not part of her skillset. Writing wise, its ok but there's a majorly nagging detail ; Sidney, knowing she is a death magnet, and should get a hotel room with private security and doorman but instead she takes up residence for days at her young niece's house in the middle of her world teeming with slasher fodder? That undermines the whole proceedings. Still, i find it a worthy addition. I give them all 3.5 but only because RT's rating system is imprecise. 1 = 3.6 and 2 = 3.7 and 3 = 3.3 and 4 = 3.5.
April 16, 2017
4/15/2017 (2): An unnecessary film. Very forgettable among this series and not worth watching again.
½ February 28, 2017
The Scream franchise improved with the fourth installment. Although the aging with the series does show, I still believe that Scream isn't dead. Well done to Ms. Emma Roberts for fooling dozens of people. DID NOT expect her to be the killer.
February 20, 2017
The only scream movie that I saw and don't really understand what it is all about. But what throws me off is Emma Roberts who is evil but the main thing that surprised me is how everything is played out.
½ February 19, 2017
Scream 4 is a great reboot of the Scream franchise. Its so much better than Scream 3 in every way, and adapts surprisingly well to the minds of teens and people in general of the 2010's. It's the most unpredictable Scream film, it has a mind-bogglingly funny/scary opening, and, best of all, it keeps doing what it should. It makes fun of just about every relevant horror film (including itself) and reunites its 3 main characters while creating a new generation of interesting characters.

On the downside, sometimes Scream 4 feels too parody-like and artificial. It's hard to tell when Scream 4 is being meta because it's so meta that it makes fun of being meta. It will occasionally confuse the viewer, maybe even to the point where Scream 4 doesn't even feel watchable, depending on the type of person you are that is.

All in all, Scream 4 is a successful reboot that cleverly combats its decayed premise by making fun of its own premise, which can understandably feel a bit too confusing for some viewers.
February 7, 2017
Scream may be aging but this so called reboot is a little fun for everyone
½ February 3, 2017
Although the ending is a bit disappointing and it felt a little bit like an unnecessary sequel, this was a decent return of the series nonetheless. I think the first three are much better.
½ January 14, 2017
NOt great but still fun.
January 14, 2017
Okay For Some Reason I Did Like This MOVIE I Don't Know Why I would like this When I don't like Scream 3 IT'S Confusing I Hated Scream 3 But I Liked This Movie Well Good Job Craven Ones Again HAVE A COOKIE! THAT SAYS 4 ON IT GET IT CAUSE THE MOVIE IS CALLED SCREAM 4 WITH A 4 IN IT UM YOU GET IT!
December 22, 2016
Sequel with some nuances of remakes remembering the first film being a cliché that never changes
November 17, 2016
Love the Scream franchise. Scre4m is just as modern and gruesome as its predecessors.
½ November 10, 2016
a movie twist after twist with an expected ending