Scream 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 4 Reviews

November 17, 2016
Love the Scream franchise. Scre4m is just as modern and gruesome as its predecessors.
½ November 10, 2016
a movie twist after twist with an expected ending
October 15, 2016
It was fun, and didn't take itself too seriously, but still maintained the same amount of blood
½ October 7, 2016
Though this movie isn't as great as the original, it sure does give it a run for its money. This scream movie develops characters as well as it did in the original. The plot is almost as well developed as the characters and the visuals are amazing. The only problem I have is how easy the villain went down. I wanted the character to live on, because I feel that she made quite an impact in the franchise.
September 20, 2016
Although nowhere near as good as the original, and becoming a little grey around the temples, this fourth instalment of the series certainly knocks spots off its predecessor, and most other slasher flicks.
½ September 16, 2016
The fourth film

Not as good as the first, but it's better than the 3rd one
September 2, 2016
They should have ended the series at Scream 3.
August 27, 2016
If you like the other Scream films this stands up really well. Very very good
August 9, 2016
Not that great at the beginning, but the story was fine
½ August 6, 2016
"Scream 4" is a relatively diverse film, not just compared to its predecessors, but compared to just about every slasher movie out there. This is all because "Scream 4" is not just a slasher film, it's also a horror-suspense-comedy-parody-mystery film that can accommodate to all viewers without totally ruining the movie completely. Therefore, this movie balances its many genres, which are somewhat forcefully packed into itself, extremely well.

However, the downside of its many genres though, is that some of its viewers will, understandably, not perceive how or when "Scream 4" is trying to incorporate one of its many genres into itself. So, this can inevitably cause any ignorant viewer to somewhat misunderstand the film, and because of that, "Scream 4" would be called a "perfect film" due to the fact that it has so many genres, hence it has many ways to be positively interpreted.

In all, "Scream 4" is original, entertaining, well directed, mostly well written, mostly well acted, and is solely based upon a bold provocative about how social media and fame can greatly affect people. But, the film does suffer from a lack of coherency, some shoddy character dialogue, and one or two underwhelming performances.
July 14, 2016
Love the 4th one and the others
July 12, 2016
Still not as good as the first two installments but just a little better than the third installment. Praise again goes to director Craven as well as the three leads and also some intriguing new characters portrayed by Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere and Rory Culkin.
½ July 12, 2016
Plot: They made up for Scream 3!

Review:
If you wondering why I'm reviewing all the Scream movies. It's because I got all the scream movies on blu ray, at a Miami Pawn shop for a dollar each. So I decided to rewatch them for the first time in a while.

In the beginning, one call stated it all. Now a new generation will meet a ghost from the past. Not Matthew Mcconaughey in Ghost of Girlfriends Past. I'm talking about that old school ghost, ghostface killah (not the one from the Wu-Tang Clan), the return of Ghostface in Scream 4. Scream is back for a new decade, new rules, a new game, a new group of people to kill.

I believe Scream 4, is the second best Scream movie in the franchise. Now many people, including myself, believe that once we got to Scream 3, we were screaming, and not in a good way. This film recognizes more than just horror eliminates. It recognizes how a new generation acts, new rules, how entertainment has changed due to technology, what people are willing to do in order to achieve fame, sequels, reboots, references, etc.

Kevin Williamson is back as the screenwriter, and I'm glad he came back. He brought what Scream 3 lacked. He brought originality, and a new direction. Even though we've seen the same template before. The film has the ability to stay one step ahead of the audience, and stay ahead of what you think is going to happen.

So these are my final Bitchin' Buddha thoughts on Scream 4. Scream 4 doesn't pack a punch like the first film. But, it was fun, and it was like going down memory lane. I'm glad they didn't end the series with the third film. I belive Scream 4 earns a...

3.5 out of 5.

Thank you for reading, and viewing, and i hope you have an amazing day as always. :)
July 10, 2016
Wes Craven killed it! With clever kills and fun humor it is definitely a cut above Scream 3 and holds up as one of the better slasher films in recent memory!
½ July 10, 2016
It has been many years since the last killing spree, but now that Sidney has written a self-help book and is returning to Woodsboro, now the ghostface killer is back to kill Sidney. Scream 4 brings back the humor, clever kills, and the excellent twist that made the first one great.
July 6, 2016
So good my 2nd favorite
June 29, 2016
Although the ending is a bit disappointing and it felt a little bit like an unnecessary sequel, this was a very solid return of the series nonetheless. I think the first three are much better.
½ June 27, 2016
Enjoyable semi-sequel-remake with decent entrances from its characters and a more modern than ever but it yet loses some of its mystery and capability to scare and thrill its audiences like the first one but it takes a really good writer to take the movie and give it a perverse yet sufficiently entertaining plot twist as the ones Scream 4 has.
June 14, 2016
Scream 4 AKA Scre4m really is a great movie and the best sequel in the series. It matches up to the original... Full review coming soon.
June 10, 2016
Love the franchise so much! Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson are back! The first rule of remakes don't mess with the original.