Scream 4 Reviews

• May 15, 2019

Seriously underrated movie! It's the best sequel to a horror film since Friday the 13th part 2! The Meta element is great; and the motive at the end is more believable than any other Scream movie! This is my favorite film franchise, and my second favorite in the series!

• Mar 27, 2019

Scre4m breaths new air into the since dying franchise. Scre4m is an excellent thrill ride and has many memorable scenes. The movie goes back to its original setting of Woodsborough and has an excellent twist that will come as a shock to most viewers. The original cast does an excellent job in bringing back the same characters from the original franchise and the opening scene is intense, scary, funny and witty (what I expect from a good Scream film at this point). The ghost-face reveal is the best since the original scream and the kills are satisfying. This is a great effort from the late Wes Craven but still isn't as memorable or as innovative as the original Scream.

• Mar 01, 2019

I have always liked the first Scream film, but when I saw the sequels, I was disappointed because they lost some of the magic of the original. I was totally unaware that a fourth film was made, until a few months ago when someone referenced it and said that it was pretty good. So, I thought I would give it a chance. Turns out Scream 4 is more of the same stuff that 2 and 3 delivered. This film takes the meta thing way too far and tries to build one reference on the next. Even the opening scene was too many layers of self-referential mockery to the point that it approached a Scary Movie style of parody. I appreciated that they at least had an idea of how to make this work, because they layered the plot with this whole idea of a soft reboot on a classic horror franchise, but it didn’t work quite right. Instead of making a solid horror movie while subtly showing the tropes of horror reboots, they just made another chapter of the same franchise that only feigns that it will be something new. The one thing I’ve always enjoyed in the Scream films, though, is the murder mystery aspect. That was present in Scream 4 as well, and I liked puzzling through it all. One aspect of the whodunit was fairly obvious, and that was unfortunate, but at least they included enough suspicious characters to keep you questioning if you were right. I kind of wish they went a bold and daring direction and turned the whole franchise on its head, because I thought for a brief time that was possible, but instead they kept it in the vein of the originals. My other problem was that the new cast of young people were almost all terrible, and I wish less of the movie was focused on them. It’s a shame when the teasers at the beginning of the film are loaded with better actresses, because it makes you realize what could have been with good acting. I still found some enjoyment from Scream 4 because of a few of the twists and turns, plus the return of 3 stars that I love from the original. It’s just a shame they could never come close to recapturing the magic of the first.

• Feb 24, 2019

More blood more gore.

More blood more gore.

• Feb 14, 2019

Yeah. Me again. I'm just going to give it five stars and slowly walk out of the room. The Scream series is the best! I regert nothing!! Michael Bakensztos ^I saw this movie in theatres. With my mother.

• Feb 13, 2019

Bringing the franchise to the modern age, Scream 4 has plenty of creative ideas, great dialogue, and some great surprises but it still never feels as fresh as the very first film.

• Feb 03, 2019

That's was hot!

That's was hot!

• Jan 12, 2019

Fresh and brings back the joys of the original. Still falls short of the joy and intensity that the first two had.

• Jan 11, 2019

Love this movie it had the best kills but sadly wes craven passed away but it would of been better if the franchise still kept going.

• Jan 05, 2019