Scream 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 4 Reviews

½ February 28, 2017
The Scream franchise improved with the fourth installment. Although the aging with the series does show, I still believe that Scream isn't dead. Well done to Ms. Emma Roberts for fooling dozens of people. DID NOT expect her to be the killer.
February 20, 2017
The only scream movie that I saw and don't really understand what it is all about. But what throws me off is Emma Roberts who is evil but the main thing that surprised me is how everything is played out.
½ February 19, 2017
Scream 4 is a great reboot of the Scream franchise. Its so much better than Scream 3 in every way, and adapts surprisingly well to the minds of teens and people in general of the 2010's. It's the most unpredictable Scream film, it has a mind-bogglingly funny/scary opening, and, best of all, it keeps doing what it should. It makes fun of just about every relevant horror film (including itself) and reunites its 3 main characters while creating a new generation of interesting characters.

On the downside, sometimes Scream 4 feels too parody-like and artificial. It's hard to tell when Scream 4 is being meta because it's so meta that it makes fun of being meta. It will occasionally confuse the viewer, maybe even to the point where Scream 4 doesn't even feel watchable, depending on the type of person you are that is.

All in all, Scream 4 is a successful reboot that cleverly combats its decayed premise by making fun of its own premise, which can understandably feel a bit too confusing for some viewers.
February 7, 2017
Scream may be aging but this so called reboot is a little fun for everyone
½ February 3, 2017
Although the ending is a bit disappointing and it felt a little bit like an unnecessary sequel, this was a decent return of the series nonetheless. I think the first three are much better.
½ January 14, 2017
NOt great but still fun.
January 14, 2017
Okay For Some Reason I Did Like This MOVIE I Don't Know Why I would like this When I don't like Scream 3 IT'S Confusing I Hated Scream 3 But I Liked This Movie Well Good Job Craven Ones Again HAVE A COOKIE! THAT SAYS 4 ON IT GET IT CAUSE THE MOVIE IS CALLED SCREAM 4 WITH A 4 IN IT UM YOU GET IT!
December 22, 2016
Sequel with some nuances of remakes remembering the first film being a cliché that never changes
November 17, 2016
Love the Scream franchise. Scre4m is just as modern and gruesome as its predecessors.
½ November 10, 2016
a movie twist after twist with an expected ending
October 15, 2016
It was fun, and didn't take itself too seriously, but still maintained the same amount of blood
½ October 7, 2016
Though this movie isn't as great as the original, it sure does give it a run for its money. This scream movie develops characters as well as it did in the original. The plot is almost as well developed as the characters and the visuals are amazing. The only problem I have is how easy the villain went down. I wanted the character to live on, because I feel that she made quite an impact in the franchise.
September 20, 2016
Although nowhere near as good as the original, and becoming a little grey around the temples, this fourth instalment of the series certainly knocks spots off its predecessor, and most other slasher flicks.
½ September 16, 2016
The fourth film

Not as good as the first, but it's better than the 3rd one
September 2, 2016
They should have ended the series at Scream 3.
August 27, 2016
If you like the other Scream films this stands up really well. Very very good
August 9, 2016
Not that great at the beginning, but the story was fine
½ August 6, 2016
"Scream 4" is a relatively diverse film, not just compared to its predecessors, but compared to just about every slasher movie out there. This is all because "Scream 4" is not just a slasher film, it's also a horror-suspense-comedy-parody-mystery film that can accommodate to all viewers without totally ruining the movie completely. Therefore, this movie balances its many genres, which are somewhat forcefully packed into itself, extremely well.

However, the downside of its many genres though, is that some of its viewers will, understandably, not perceive how or when "Scream 4" is trying to incorporate one of its many genres into itself. So, this can inevitably cause any ignorant viewer to somewhat misunderstand the film, and because of that, "Scream 4" would be called a "perfect film" due to the fact that it has so many genres, hence it has many ways to be positively interpreted.

In all, "Scream 4" is original, entertaining, well directed, mostly well written, mostly well acted, and is solely based upon a bold provocative about how social media and fame can greatly affect people. But, the film does suffer from a lack of coherency, some shoddy character dialogue, and one or two underwhelming performances.
July 14, 2016
Love the 4th one and the others
July 12, 2016
Still not as good as the first two installments but just a little better than the third installment. Praise again goes to director Craven as well as the three leads and also some intriguing new characters portrayed by Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere and Rory Culkin.