Seabiscuit Reviews

• Sep 29, 2020

The horse wins in the end, probably this is why this movie was ever made.

The horse wins in the end, probably this is why this movie was ever made.

• Aug 09, 2020

Seabiscuit I like the visual look of the film. I think seeing this film what stood out to me was the way this film is cut together and the unique way it is cut and the scene where the son dies we don’t see the car accident but rather see what leads to the accident and the follow up to it. Or how we will focus on the radio voice telling you what will happen in a race while focusing on Tobey McGuire’s character. I like the acting and the unique way this film tells three people and a horse’s story and how they each came together as unlikely companions to become successful. I found it unique how they can tell a story very quickly based upon the amount of food on Tobey McGuire’s food plate and the portion size without saying a word. I like how the horse races are shot in this film to be so visually appealing and how the crowds look in this film to be able to tell a story. I like the times in this film where they show what is happening in the United States that relate to the times such as Henry Ford and the automobile, the Stock Market Crash, The people listen to the radios as Seabiscuit and Admiral Of War race. I think this film tells you more about the characters, horse and the United States while having more heart to the story than the 1940’s SeaBiscuit film. I think this film did a great job showing the differences on the first marriage vs the 2nd marriage and what was different between the two relationships. I love the Radio show in this film and the set decoration and sound props in that radio station that are shown in this film. I love Randy Newman’s music score in this film. It has heart but also can represent a different culture when they go to Mexico. I did not realize till this watch just how many different places they travel to in this film before Seabiscuit is purchased.

• Jul 03, 2020

This was just a Reverse Rattatoulie! #dungeonsanddaddies

This was just a Reverse Rattatoulie! #dungeonsanddaddies

• Jun 30, 2020

An ok Horse movie that does nothing new.

An ok Horse movie that does nothing new.

• Jun 09, 2020

One of thy r more enjoyable sport films. Cracking feel good story, bit soppy but not overly so. Doesn't lay it on too thick.

• May 26, 2020

This is just a reverse ratatoullie!!?

This is just a reverse ratatoullie!!?

• May 19, 2020

Not a bad movie based on a true story. Not one that you may remember after time but its worth watching. Only felt it was little boring at moments and could have been shortened up.

• Feb 26, 2020

The movie is worthwhile to watch, but I can only give it two stars because they left out the important issues of how race horses are injured. The true story of Seabiscuit is amazing, but the movie leaves out how Seabiscuit was injured, which was detailed in the book and historical records. The records and book detailed how with each of Seabiscuit's success, the weight he had to carry were increased. The owner and trainer attributed the increased weights to potential for injury, and eventually he was injured. A movie like this could have saved thousands of race horses' lives over the following decades, had it brought attention to how too much weight injures race horses

• Feb 06, 2020

This sports drama was very good. The cast of Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges, Elizabeth Banks, and Chris Cooper did an excellent job in this movie. This movie is about inspiration and hope. The plot to the movie is really good and it gives an insight to what these men did to create a champion. People of all ages will enjoy this movie. I would definitely recommend it.

• Feb 03, 2020

This film beautifully captures the spirit as well as the look/feel of the depression-era. Even as it shamelessly portrays cliches about underdogs, grit, determination, man-horse relationship, and other similar themes, I found myself cheering/laughing/crying much as the people who lived then might have done. And it features so many wonderful performances including Jeff Bridges (in one of his most charming roles) and William H. Macy (with a super-sharp script to work with).