Secret Window Reviews

• Mar 04, 2020

I hated this movie as a kid but revisiting it made me appreciate it on another level. Johnny Depp delivers a convincing performance and the story leads us further and further down the rabbit hole of psychological disorder. I'll say it: this is a great Johnny Depp classic with an unsuspected ending and satisfying turn of events. No future chain of event is predictable in this movie. 4/5.

• Nov 08, 2019

One of the best Thriller i ve ever seen

One of the best Thriller i ve ever seen

• Aug 23, 2019

From the beginning, you can expect that Johnny Depp & John Turturro are the same person, when Mort found out that his wife betraying him with Ted, he became schizophrenic psychopath, and started to imagine another character (John Turturro) who represents the latent revenge within him. Who watch "Fight Club" & "A Beautiful Mind" they will know the secret of the movie since the first conversation between Johnny Depp & John Turturro, there is nothing mysterious in the film, we got enough of that theme. The performance of Johnny Depp was great. In this film he proves that he can do any role given to him. Lastly, the ending was acceptable and satisfied.

• Jul 09, 2019

What a load of c@*p... the movie starts off ok with the potential to be a good psychological thriller. Mort (the main character) is being hunted by ‘shooter'. SPOILER ALERT... It then shows at the end that the entire time he has been hallucinating and imagining ‘Shooter', which would suggest he has schizophrenia only to later imply that he has D.I.D!?! DID sufferers ‘alter' not hallucinate their alter?!?! Pick a flipping condition and stick with the consistency... what a load of sh@t

• May 02, 2019

putting Depp in a Stephen King adaptation actually works as the movie progresses, only the execution is the problem

• Mar 30, 2019

Johnny Depp is great in this!

Johnny Depp is great in this!

• Dec 06, 2018

Secret window is a pretty good movie. Such a big fan of Johnny Depp. He is a very good actor. Secret window is the scariest and creepiest film ever made. Itâ(TM)s pretty decent and there is a lot of suspenseful moments in it. I do have to say that the part towards the end does get very scary and super intense but itâ(TM)s still a good suspense drama movie. Ever since the movie came out I bet there was some people that were not a big fan of it maybe because of the twist at the end. There is a lot of creepy elements but I personally do enjoy secret window. And Johnny Depp does a good job in it.

• Sep 09, 2018

Overall, I found this film rather enjoyable even if it's hard to take seriously at times. Even when the film delivers the final twists, it felt more humourous to me rather than being very scary or suspenseful. Once you know everything as far as the plot goes, the film has little to offer and can be classed as fun film for those who love a good thriller and laugh at minor jump scares. The film can even more fun if you watch it with a loved one or a good group of friends. - Finesse Movie Reviews

• Aug 17, 2018

When you base a film off a Stephen King story, you can normally expect it to be good. And it's the case for Secret Window, while not the best adaptation to the screen of a King novel, it delivers an intriguing pack of chills, while Johnny Depp delivers an amusing performance. The screenplay is also original, and while the overall tone is spooky, alongside a very slim sense of humor, the best part of the movie is the unexpected twist ending, that I was not really expecting. Overall, it's a good thriller. Recommended !!

• Aug 04, 2018

Underrated movie with great acting from Johnny Depp. It has a kind of cliche ending, but it is executed very well.