The September Issue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The September Issue Reviews

May 7, 2016
The documentary asks you to accept that this woman is amazing but never explains why.
½ November 3, 2015
Glad Grace Coddington kinda stole the show from her curator, the Wintour. I can't take people who treat others like shit seriously and, sorry, but I do like to wear black. When you treat your Asian assistant like a dog giving the rudest possible tone to your 'excuse me' and demand a coffee from your black servant like this isn't a new millennium your talents as an editor and your visionary trendsetting ways don't look like success much to me. Thank you R.J. Cutler for kindly trying to let us know just who tells the devil to wear Prada, especially when it is so hard to get through what really hides behind those sunglasses.
September 25, 2015
An intriguing, funny and even educational fly-on-the-wall look at icy Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of VOGUE, and her army of fashionistas at work as they scramble to put together the titular issue, or what some call the yearly Bible in fashion.
½ July 15, 2015
Great journey seeing creativity coming to commerce
½ July 14, 2015
Documentary on the production process of Vogue is exciting. The documentary also projects image of Chief Editor of Vogue, Ana Wintour. She is called 'Nuclear Winter' or 'Ice Queen' as she is said to be aloof and demanding. People who know her very well imply that influence of Vogue over the fashion industry is supported by her sensibility and effective top-down management. The Vogue success story is comfortable to one's eyes but it may not enough to portray Ana Wintour who reigns the dizzyingly changing fashion industry for a quarter century as, I guess, it requires extraordinary strength as an editor and management.
May 1, 2015
Kind of sad. Anna Wintour sees how worthless her life is.
January 18, 2015
Documental sobre la preparaci├▓n del n├╣mero m├ s importante del a├▒o de Vogue , revelador y entretenido.
January 10, 2015
Anna and Grace are Vogue.
Vogue is Anna and Grace.
Grace and Anna, or Anna and Grace.
October 19, 2014
Those poor goddamn Rodartes
October 5, 2014
dwelt more on the wintour-coddington dynamics than the editor-in-chief herself. and the documentary felt like it only skimmed the surface.
was finishing up with grace coddington's memoir as i watched this, try it; grace coddington is funny.
½ July 20, 2014
Intriguing and entertaining. insight and interest provided despite the documentary makers not promoting a particular perspective, but rather presenting Ann Winter as she is, which is very much as portrayed in "The Devil Wears Prada".
½ May 18, 2014
Ligero, interesante, innovador, lleno de creatividad. Un vistazo al trabajo mas dificil de la moda: Anna Vintour a cargo de "Vogue". Un "must" para los amantes de la moda. (Texto intencionalmente sin acentos).
½ April 20, 2014
Really good and interesting! I loved the script and the story behind.
½ March 30, 2014
Enjoyed it immensely. Wish there was more to consume just like this.
March 14, 2014
Absolutely loved this documentary! The interactions between Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington in it are to die for!
December 8, 2013
Extremely interesting peek into the NYC fashion industry.
½ October 21, 2013
"the jacket is the new coat" ..lesson learned.
½ July 22, 2013
An insightful lens on creativity and influence. Plus, seeing Wintour's humanity (albeit still coldly masked behind those big Chanel shades) is a treat.
May 10, 2013
I loved it! A look into one of my favorite magazines! And I own this particular issue!
May 4, 2013
I am still not convinced the significance she played to the society but nevertheless admire the dedication of those people profiled in this movie.