Serena Reviews

• 2d ago

Great Movie about a strong women

Great Movie about a strong women

• Sep 08, 2020

Bad boring movie starring Jennifer Lawrence.

Bad boring movie starring Jennifer Lawrence.

• Jul 30, 2020

What. the. fck. just happened?

What. the. fck. just happened?

• Jul 04, 2020

You'd think a movie starring two a-list actors supported by a robust cast of character actors would have at least a few bright spots, right? Not so with Serena. Aggressively dull with a sudden, pointlessly violent climax and a morose ending.

• Apr 10, 2020

Good cast with lots of troubling twists throughout, but, somber in the end.

Good cast with lots of troubling twists throughout, but, somber in the end.

• Mar 16, 2020

A nice film with a tragic story. The production was nicely done (probably the better part of the film). Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper had solid performances. The main issue here is the pace of the movie that seems to inch along. The film had a strong start but gradually progressed into a dud at the end.

• Jan 14, 2020

Beautiful but not credible atmosphere of rural Carolina, set a history that lacks attraction

• Dec 07, 2019

Atrocious. I went to the bathroom half way through and had a more enjoyable experience than watching this movie. Production value, music, and costumes were all great, however the plot was a disaster and the writing was worse than the Star Wars prequels. I tried to piece together this movie in between the seemingly random sex scenes between Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper but it's not possible. Not even my girlfriend who can't be wrong about anything was able to finish this movie after she herself picked it. Oof... yes that was rotten.

• Dec 01, 2019

I see a lot of others gave less than favorable reviews, but I really enjoyed the movie. Serena for real came off a little off from the beginning, then she started to show her controlling side. Towards the end she evolved into a full fledged jealous psychotic unstable woman. Killing or attempting to kill with no remorse. She definitely had a sad history, but it doesn't justify the craziness that she became. It was a chilling movie. I did think the acting was good to be honest

• Nov 17, 2019

I like Bradley Cooper, but I'm not the Jennifer Lawrence fan that many of my fellow film lovers seem to be. THE HUNGER GAMES went from okay to awful through the course of what felt like endless episodes, and all I can say to the critics who went gaga over MOTHER is...huh? But SERENA? A new low. It meanders along, hinting at this, alluding to that, never quite committing to anything but a muddled plotline and embarrassingly odd performances throughout.