Serena Reviews

• 4d ago

An epic failure. They didn't even get the title right. SERENA?!

An epic failure. They didn't even get the title right. SERENA?!

• Aug 01, 2019

Dire, dull & wooden (pun intended). Jennifer Lawrence doesn't blink, too much Botox & fillers I guess.

• Jul 28, 2019

the kind of film that makes u wonder, Y r they still making movies?!!

the kind of film that makes u wonder, Y r they still making movies?!!

• Feb 07, 2018

I adore Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. This movie however was boring as hell. The plot was thin, the acting just okay. Overall not a remarkable movie.

• Sep 18, 2017

"Serena" has an impressive cast and crew but for some unusual reason in went some what wrong, although it does have an impressive beginning. The Plot to "Serena" is The North Carolina mountains at the end of the 1920s - George and Serena Pemberton, love-struck newly-weds, begin to build a timber empire. Serena soon proves herself to be equal to any man: overseeing loggers, hunting rattle-snakes, even saving a man's life in the wilderness. With power and influence now in their hands, the Pembertons refuse to let anyone stand in the way of their inflated love and ambitions. However, once Serena discovers George's hidden past and faces an unchangeable fate of her own, the Pemberton's passionate marriage begins to unravel leading toward a dramatic reckoning. The storyline to the film is good but unfortunately isn't executed correctly. The Directing in this film by Academy Award winning director "Susanne Bier" is very chopping although she does bring some very nice visuals to the film. The Acting by "Jennifer Lawrence" in undoubtedly one of her best performances and one of her most challenging as well especially in the second half of the film. Unfortunately, with this being a flop at the box office not all fans of hers got to see her. "Bradley Coopers" acting is also very good but didn't reach the heights of his co-star "Jennifer Lawrence". The two main characters in this film are okay. Gorge Pemberton is the big issue out of the two characters with him having no character development but on the other hand Serena Pembertons character has massive development from the beginning of the movie to the end although the secondary characters struggle to have any development nor any room to. The screenwriting in "Serena" was exceptional in my opinion with a few questionable line here and there but the rest was very good. The Score composed by Johan Söderqvist is good but no more than that with no standout hits but no failures either. The pace of the film has big issues in the second half of the film. In fact, the pacing would have been perfect if it was like the first half. In the beginning of the film it is fast paced, fun, and romantic. Then the pace started to die down a little leading up to the middle of the film but it didn't lose momentum, then it just went completely chopping and slow and un-interesting at points in the second half. Overall "Serena" was an amazingly acted from "Jennifer Lawrence" and "Bradley Cooper" had awesome screen writing and a good score but was choppily directed by "Susanne Bier" and had poor pacing issues in the second half of the film. I give 2015's "Serena" a 5.5/10.

• Sep 01, 2017

It seemed like there might have been a good movie in there some where, but it wasn't put together correctly. It just didn't flow right. At the end when I finally found the panther. I couldn't help thinking why would someone look so hard for something just to kill it..I was relieved when the panther killed him shit right back at ya!

• Feb 01, 2017

It's OK but it all seemed too distant to really get me engaged. The cinematography is good though.

• Jan 20, 2017

loved this one. one tough cookie

loved this one. one tough cookie

• Jan 05, 2017

I loved this movie. I am not sure why people are hating on it so much. The ending was weird, but I like a good twist sometimes.

• Dec 13, 2016

WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....MOVIE........