Shirley Valentine Reviews

• Sep 22, 2020

Lovely movie, with a lot of humor, but serious and with a good message ast the same time. Cute, sweet movie

• Jul 11, 2020

I don't know if it was better suited for the stage but I found everything overdone.

• Sep 02, 2019

Shirley is the cure for depression.

Shirley is the cure for depression.

• Oct 23, 2018

Pauline Collins reprises her stage role with delightsome comicality as the eponymous bored and bullyable Liverpudlian housewife coming of age during a holiday to Greece in this winning comedy dedicated to any similar repressed homemakers.

• Aug 19, 2018

Loved this tale of a middle aged housewife yearning for more. I believe many woman would also say, "I've lived such a little life".

• Dec 24, 2017

The plight of the bored housewife is explored in this film. I forgot how funny it is. Women will probably love this film and Men will probably hate it

• Jul 04, 2015

So many cliches yet still a heartwarming and endearing movie. Pauline Collins is smashing!

• Apr 18, 2015

Pauline Collins, best known for portraying Sarah on "Upstairs Downstairs" gives her SECOND best known performance as the British everywoman who is nevertheless extraordinary once you get to know her and follow her on her journey from bored housewife to liberated adventurer.

• Mar 15, 2015

Funny and touching with a great performance from Pauline Collins.

Funny and touching with a great performance from Pauline Collins.

• Jan 24, 2015