Shirley Valentine Reviews

• Sep 02, 2019

Shirley is the cure for depression.

Shirley is the cure for depression.

• Oct 23, 2018

Pauline Collins reprises her stage role with delightsome comicality as the eponymous bored and bullyable Liverpudlian housewife coming of age during a holiday to Greece in this winning comedy dedicated to any similar repressed homemakers.

• Aug 19, 2018

Loved this tale of a middle aged housewife yearning for more. I believe many woman would also say, "I've lived such a little life".

• Dec 24, 2017

The plight of the bored housewife is explored in this film. I forgot how funny it is. Women will probably love this film and Men will probably hate it

• Jul 04, 2015

So many cliches yet still a heartwarming and endearing movie. Pauline Collins is smashing!

• Apr 18, 2015

Pauline Collins, best known for portraying Sarah on "Upstairs Downstairs" gives her SECOND best known performance as the British everywoman who is nevertheless extraordinary once you get to know her and follow her on her journey from bored housewife to liberated adventurer.

• Mar 15, 2015

Funny and touching with a great performance from Pauline Collins.

Funny and touching with a great performance from Pauline Collins.

• Jan 24, 2015

My favorite movie, but cannot seem to be able to buy it

My favorite movie, but cannot seem to be able to buy it

John B Super Reviewer
    Mar 18, 2014

Just a tad bit too silly. Your mom will love Pauline Collins. The rest of the audience, perhaps not. Non offensive..in a dull sort of way.

• Feb 10, 2014

I've always liked this film. Her husband's face when she gave his steak dinner to the dog, priceless! 4 stars for Shirley Valentine.