Shrek 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shrek 2 Reviews

½ March 19, 2018
"Shrek 2" is a much better movie than "Shrek" in my opinion. Where "Shrek' went wrong for me is all the unnecessary jokes that wasted valuable screen time. "Shrek" for me is an unconventional fairytale and a satire of fairytales in general. So what I will never understand is why they chose to give all the fairytale characters screen time in the first movie and then simply ignore them. "Shrek 2' wins in that. They've created a fairytale world so rich in details and based most of their jokes and pop culture references on that world,making their jokes fresh and funny for a change. "Shrek 2" is a sequel that improves on the original. It is a satire,it is a funny movie but it still is a fairytale that highlights the message of the first one. "Shrek" is no animation masterpiece, but it's a franchise based on wit and pop culture knowledge to give audiences a good time.
½ March 19, 2018
Really funny and well realized with a great plot.
March 12, 2018
i don't remember world withiut this movie
March 4, 2018
Better Than The First As The Character Development Is Already Established. Deepens The Story & Removes Shrek's "Layers" In More Self-Discovery By Him, Fiona & Donkey. I Cannot Decide Which I Like Better As It Certainly Stands Up There With The First Instalment. Most Likely They Both Do Well, This One Has Far More Yelling & Arguments Going On, Which Detracts From Things As It Turns A Bit 'Jerry Springer' Like In Family Dysfunction Being Played Out On Stage.
½ February 27, 2018

"Shrek 2" tal vez no consiga sorprenderte como lo hizo su antecesora, pero resulta ser mas inspirada, divertida y emotiva de ver, y es que a diferencia de sus sucesoras, esta sabe apoyarse en los cimientos de la anterior para seguir sacándole jugo a su premisa, con excelentes adiciones a su historia, y con el mismo nivel técnico de la original la hacen la mejor de la franquicia y una de las mejores de DreamWorks.
February 14, 2018
Il secondo capitolo di Shrek ha il prezioso pregio di rimanere coerente con il primo grande film, offrendo una nuova e coinvolgente avventura recuperando i personaggi vecchi ed introducendone di nuovi, che avranno moltissimo da dire anche nei film futuri. L'umorismo viene ripreso e rinnovato con battute nuove e fresche che riescono a portare sincere risate lungo tutta la sua durata. Oltre a questo, porta anche una buona dose di emozioni, grazie ad interessanti risvolti narrativi che coinvolgono adulti e bambini con estrema facilità.
½ February 2, 2018
Shrek 2 is BETTER than the original and so far this is my favorite DreamWorks movie, Shrek 2 has very smart writing, dialogue and jokes.
½ January 6, 2018
A step down from the first, and bordering on not being worth watching. Not offensively bad or anything, just kinda... there.
December 31, 2017
While there may be an exceptional amount of older movie references, this was certainly a well developed sequel to DreamWorks' best animated film.
December 27, 2017
"Shrek 2" defies all of the typical sequel-isms by delivering a movie just as sweet and enjoyable as the first. I still feel this is one of the best sequels ever made. I remember as a kid this was my favorite movie for the longest time. I still think it is very funny and I go back and forth with the first one and this one in deciding which one I like more. It is a clever movie full of satirical moments and it delivers a story with similar messages but a wholly original premise. I love everything about it and it has a spot in my heart because I've grown up loving it and watching it countless times.
½ December 17, 2017
Enjoyed watching this movie but enjoyed the first part more.
½ December 8, 2017
sorta mediocre but the endgames pretty neat.
½ November 21, 2017
Easily my favorite of all the Shrek movies, so funny. The Cops parody is sooo good.
½ November 12, 2017
A fairly funny follow up to the original but not quite as good. Still at least at this point it was still trying to appeal to both adults and children. Puss in Boots addition may be one step to far but Antonio Banderas just about gets away with it in this film.
October 29, 2017
Worth making sequel with loads of laughs.
October 28, 2017
I think shrek 2 is a amazing movie but its not a kids movie because it has lots of adult humor puss gets caught with catnip which is drugs for cats a bunch of girls rub shrek and one girl says she has nothing to rub donkey says people got drunk and started beating him with sticks thinking he was a pinata the bartender seems to be a transvestite Pinocchio is wearing ladies underwear donkey kicks shrek in the crotch donkey asks shrek if he missed and he says no you got them and there's some swearing like hell ass its still a good movie but its aimed at older teens and adults
½ October 24, 2017
Shreck is back again and now he is on a new Adventure to meet Fiona's parents and more we have New characters in the movie I thought it was pretty good and as all ways it's a silly one to watch!
½ October 21, 2017
Starting with this, this is when the Shrek movies just kept going downhill getting worse and worse with each sequel.
October 16, 2017
I loved the sequel and even thought it was better than the oringinal. In fact, this was my favourite one out of the 4.