Shrek 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shrek 2 Reviews

April 14, 2018
This is a beautiful film. I give this film Best Picture and Best Actor, with a side of 100%.
March 30, 2018
Fun for the whole family!!
March 29, 2018
Wonderful family movie with a narrative that is long overdue.
½ March 28, 2018
This movie was just ok. I had high hopes but it is not as good as the first one
March 28, 2018
This is a brilliant film. simply brilliant.

for young and for old, doesn't matter. It's fun for all in this flick. The extra sequence at the end is a bonus, featuring simon cowell, classic.

When I first saw this film I hadn't even watched the original, so I thought that it would be a bit of a challenge to comprehend this sequel. Not at all. The sequel has plenty of pointers to direct new shrek fans as to what has happened in the first flick.

Great music score helps with this fantastic movie. It just really made me wanna watch the original.
½ March 27, 2018
Everything the first one brought, plus more.
½ March 27, 2018
Hoodwinked! is still better.
March 22, 2018
69% is pretty good honestly (just because of the meme). It's definitely the dankest number you could have. Donkay! In the beginning of tonight, we all wanted to watch the Little Mermaid. However, then my friend texted me saying watch Kung Fu Panda, and my other friend defended it. We came to the conclusion of Shrek 2 because of Puss in Boots. Puss in Boots > Lord Farquaad because 1) he is cuter 2) he slays 3) his accent is way better 4) does Lord Farquaad even have an accent? 6) he has good fencing skills 7) hairballs 8) did you notice we skipped 5?
½ March 22, 2018
Very enjoyable but it felt unrealistic by its own standards
½ March 19, 2018
"Shrek 2" is a much better movie than "Shrek" in my opinion. Where "Shrek' went wrong for me is all the unnecessary jokes that wasted valuable screen time. "Shrek" for me is an unconventional fairytale and a satire of fairytales in general. So what I will never understand is why they chose to give all the fairytale characters screen time in the first movie and then simply ignore them. "Shrek 2' wins in that. They've created a fairytale world so rich in details and based most of their jokes and pop culture references on that world,making their jokes fresh and funny for a change. "Shrek 2" is a sequel that improves on the original. It is a satire,it is a funny movie but it still is a fairytale that highlights the message of the first one. "Shrek" is no animation masterpiece, but it's a franchise based on wit and pop culture knowledge to give audiences a good time.
½ March 19, 2018
Really funny and well realized with a great plot.
March 12, 2018
i don't remember world withiut this movie
March 4, 2018
Better Than The First As The Character Development Is Already Established. Deepens The Story & Removes Shrek's "Layers" In More Self-Discovery By Him, Fiona & Donkey. I Cannot Decide Which I Like Better As It Certainly Stands Up There With The First Instalment. Most Likely They Both Do Well, This One Has Far More Yelling & Arguments Going On, Which Detracts From Things As It Turns A Bit 'Jerry Springer' Like In Family Dysfunction Being Played Out On Stage.
½ February 27, 2018
82/100

"Shrek 2" tal vez no consiga sorprenderte como lo hizo su antecesora, pero resulta ser mas inspirada, divertida y emotiva de ver, y es que a diferencia de sus sucesoras, esta sabe apoyarse en los cimientos de la anterior para seguir sacándole jugo a su premisa, con excelentes adiciones a su historia, y con el mismo nivel técnico de la original la hacen la mejor de la franquicia y una de las mejores de DreamWorks.
February 14, 2018
Il secondo capitolo di Shrek ha il prezioso pregio di rimanere coerente con il primo grande film, offrendo una nuova e coinvolgente avventura recuperando i personaggi vecchi ed introducendone di nuovi, che avranno moltissimo da dire anche nei film futuri. L'umorismo viene ripreso e rinnovato con battute nuove e fresche che riescono a portare sincere risate lungo tutta la sua durata. Oltre a questo, porta anche una buona dose di emozioni, grazie ad interessanti risvolti narrativi che coinvolgono adulti e bambini con estrema facilità.
½ February 2, 2018
Shrek 2 is BETTER than the original and so far this is my favorite DreamWorks movie, Shrek 2 has very smart writing, dialogue and jokes.
½ January 6, 2018
A step down from the first, and bordering on not being worth watching. Not offensively bad or anything, just kinda... there.
December 31, 2017
While there may be an exceptional amount of older movie references, this was certainly a well developed sequel to DreamWorks' best animated film.
December 27, 2017
"Shrek 2" defies all of the typical sequel-isms by delivering a movie just as sweet and enjoyable as the first. I still feel this is one of the best sequels ever made. I remember as a kid this was my favorite movie for the longest time. I still think it is very funny and I go back and forth with the first one and this one in deciding which one I like more. It is a clever movie full of satirical moments and it delivers a story with similar messages but a wholly original premise. I love everything about it and it has a spot in my heart because I've grown up loving it and watching it countless times.