Shrek 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shrek 2 Reviews

May 14, 2018
STOP ATTACKING DISNEY
May 13, 2018
funny, charming , and memorable. ya it's not as good as the original but still great. rating:82% (sorry for caps computer is kinda broken)
May 8, 2018
Every time I watch this film I whoop and holler for the entire duration. Not only does this fantastic, beautiful, well-crafted masterpiece of a film surpass the original in every way, it also delivers one of the most enjoyable films I have ever laid my eyes on. I know Shrek is a meme and everything and it's very hard to actually praise this movie without sounding ironic but I am completely, unironically serious when I say that THIS MOVIE might be my favourite film of all time. The first one? It's fine, I gave it 3 stars. The second one? God almighty this movie is one of the most fun and enjoyable romps in cinematic history. If you told me you hadn't seen this movie, you wouldn't even be able to finish your sentence before it was queued up in my 2004 Sony DVD player with my finger on the play button I cannot stress enough how much I adore this movie.
April 22, 2018
Unlike traditional sequels, let alone comedy sequels, 'Shrek 2' works like a perfect 90-minute extension to the predecessor by picking right off from where the last one ended to deliver the exact same level of humour, charm, well-casted characters, and creativity without skipping a beat. Everything you've come to love about the first film is pulled off with great success again without feeling rehashed.
In retrospect, if both films were combined, I think a stronger result may have occurred!
April 14, 2018
This is a beautiful film. I give this film Best Picture and Best Actor, with a side of 100%.
March 30, 2018
Fun for the whole family!!
March 29, 2018
Wonderful family movie with a narrative that is long overdue.
½ March 28, 2018
This movie was just ok. I had high hopes but it is not as good as the first one
March 28, 2018
This is a brilliant film. simply brilliant.

for young and for old, doesn't matter. It's fun for all in this flick. The extra sequence at the end is a bonus, featuring simon cowell, classic.

When I first saw this film I hadn't even watched the original, so I thought that it would be a bit of a challenge to comprehend this sequel. Not at all. The sequel has plenty of pointers to direct new shrek fans as to what has happened in the first flick.

Great music score helps with this fantastic movie. It just really made me wanna watch the original.
½ March 27, 2018
Everything the first one brought, plus more.
½ March 27, 2018
Hoodwinked! is still better.
March 22, 2018
69% is pretty good honestly (just because of the meme). It's definitely the dankest number you could have. Donkay! In the beginning of tonight, we all wanted to watch the Little Mermaid. However, then my friend texted me saying watch Kung Fu Panda, and my other friend defended it. We came to the conclusion of Shrek 2 because of Puss in Boots. Puss in Boots > Lord Farquaad because 1) he is cuter 2) he slays 3) his accent is way better 4) does Lord Farquaad even have an accent? 6) he has good fencing skills 7) hairballs 8) did you notice we skipped 5?
½ March 22, 2018
Very enjoyable but it felt unrealistic by its own standards
½ March 19, 2018
"Shrek 2" is a much better movie than "Shrek" in my opinion. Where "Shrek' went wrong for me is all the unnecessary jokes that wasted valuable screen time. "Shrek" for me is an unconventional fairytale and a satire of fairytales in general. So what I will never understand is why they chose to give all the fairytale characters screen time in the first movie and then simply ignore them. "Shrek 2' wins in that. They've created a fairytale world so rich in details and based most of their jokes and pop culture references on that world,making their jokes fresh and funny for a change. "Shrek 2" is a sequel that improves on the original. It is a satire,it is a funny movie but it still is a fairytale that highlights the message of the first one. "Shrek" is no animation masterpiece, but it's a franchise based on wit and pop culture knowledge to give audiences a good time.
½ March 19, 2018
Really funny and well realized with a great plot.
March 12, 2018
i don't remember world withiut this movie
March 4, 2018
Better Than The First As The Character Development Is Already Established. Deepens The Story & Removes Shrek's "Layers" In More Self-Discovery By Him, Fiona & Donkey. I Cannot Decide Which I Like Better As It Certainly Stands Up There With The First Instalment. Most Likely They Both Do Well, This One Has Far More Yelling & Arguments Going On, Which Detracts From Things As It Turns A Bit 'Jerry Springer' Like In Family Dysfunction Being Played Out On Stage.
February 14, 2018
Il secondo capitolo di Shrek ha il prezioso pregio di rimanere coerente con il primo grande film, offrendo una nuova e coinvolgente avventura recuperando i personaggi vecchi ed introducendone di nuovi, che avranno moltissimo da dire anche nei film futuri. L'umorismo viene ripreso e rinnovato con battute nuove e fresche che riescono a portare sincere risate lungo tutta la sua durata. Oltre a questo, porta anche una buona dose di emozioni, grazie ad interessanti risvolti narrativi che coinvolgono adulti e bambini con estrema facilitÓ.
½ February 2, 2018
Shrek 2 is BETTER than the original and so far this is my favorite DreamWorks movie, Shrek 2 has very smart writing, dialogue and jokes.