Sleuth Reviews

• Feb 25, 2019

Awful, soulless, uninvolving and utterly pointless remake. Caine must have been truly hard up to want to taint his original offering with this empty shell of a film!

• Dec 29, 2018

Whereas as the original Sleuth was one of the best films ever this mangled remake of Sleuth is one of the worst films ever. Don't watch it - it may ruin your enjoyment of the original (which is what I thought I was hiring).

• Feb 17, 2018

1001 movies to see before you die.

1001 movies to see before you die.

• Oct 22, 2017

A very lame attempt to remake a classic. Instantly forgettable

A very lame attempt to remake a classic. Instantly forgettable

• Oct 16, 2017

Artsy film that plays like a theatrical play. After all, it was adapted for screen. Entertaining, puzzling, cat-n-mouse type of heavy dialogue, but don't expect a masterpiece.

• Apr 09, 2017

Theatrical and dull with two reasonably good performances.

Theatrical and dull with two reasonably good performances.

• Oct 18, 2016

It began as such an interesting and intriguing film, but by the end it was becoming tiresome, and ultimately just dumb. The acting however is truly superb. I mean on an unusual and noteworthy scale.

• Dec 31, 2015

I enjoyed the first 30 minutes. The remainder is tedious at best. I gave it two stars for the acting. I am overjoyed I did not see this at the movie house. I was overseas at the time.

• Dec 10, 2015

Oh, fu*k you! Michael Cain was in it! Still, it's painful to see how some people just can't (big emphasis on CANNOT) backport the Theater into the Big Screen. Shame.

• Apr 10, 2015

fuck you all! this is a great film. yes I'm just being ornery, but really? 36%?

fuck you all! this is a great film. yes I'm just being ornery, but really? 36%?