Smallfoot Reviews

• Mar 11, 2020

The unfortunate dichotomy of Smallfoot is that kids will enjoy it as a children's adventure but may not pick up on it's themes, and adults will be able to pick up on it's themes but may find the whole affair excessively boring. It's not that it's pace is plodding, it's that basic plot-wise, it's just another kid's film with none of the interesting nuances that make the genre's better variants more interesting. It's surprising thematic richness does not change this inconvenient truth.

• Feb 25, 2020

It’s a cute story! Best part? Not too many unbearable musical numbers!

It’s a cute story! Best part? Not too many unbearable musical numbers!

• Feb 23, 2020

It has some fun moments.

It has some fun moments.

• Feb 13, 2020

Have you ever had a children's tune played back to back in a loop with the song being ingrain in your skull and you can't get it out? That is how the theme of this movie felt like to me. Most times, the central message in a film can be subtle. In this film, they directly reference in dialogue and in song time after time until it was obvious they were attempting to bang it on the head to each viewer. To summarize, it's saying knowledge is power and ignorance is not bliss. It is better to know the truth then to live a lie. Mind you, I believe it is a good and important theme. It's just lazy storytelling to repeat it over and over again. Speaking of the songs, I thought it was adequate to say the least. The animation was great considering is from the Warner Animation Group as they haven't really done this traditional CGI style (known only for the LEGO movie franchise). The voice acting, even though it felt disjointed at the start, won me over towards the end. There is some pacing issues but it shouldn't be a problem for the little ones. Since they are the target audience, the comedy should amuse them. I love animation films. I just hope that my kids don't fall in love with this film to the point that I would have to watch it over and over again despite its sweet story about a yeti eating frozen spaghetti.

• Jan 06, 2020

Eu achei uma das melhores animacoes de 2019 apenas

Eu achei uma das melhores animacoes de 2019 apenas

• Dec 31, 2019

good songs and a great kids movie! good family movie too!

good songs and a great kids movie! good family movie too!

• Dec 26, 2019

Better than I thought. I liked the music too.

Better than I thought. I liked the music too.

• Dec 05, 2019

Smallfoot is a decent animated movie but it really doesn’t measure the heights of stuff from Pixar or DreamWorks. The voice acting is good and the animation is colorful with a lot of detail. Story could’ve been a little better as there really isn’t the main villain in the film. If you’re looking for an easy way to pass some time kids may enjoy it but it’s not a classic they’re going to remember very long.

• Dec 05, 2019

• Dec 03, 2019

It was good however, it was not subtle at all with it's message which basically said: "Religion is for closed minded, fearful, ignorant people who just want everyone to not ever ask questions or seek out truth and new information." Oh please, what a narrow minded, uninformed and extremely inaccurate view of religion and people who believe in religions. Unfortunately, this deceptive and insulting message saturated this movie so much that I couldn't enjoy the humor, visuals, or story. Don't waste your time. Skip It.