Soul Surfer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Soul Surfer Reviews

January 19, 2017
This says, Thanks also for that this i of its said descriptions of this said film on life also with this i of the main characters with it now here STILL recounts also that " ' ' Ms. B. Hamilton ( played by Ms. A. Robb ) was born to surf.... A natural talent who took to the waves at a young age, she was leading an idyllic life on Kauai, participating in national surf competitions with her best friend Alana ( played by Lorraine Nicholson ), when EVERYTHING changed.... On Halloween morning, a fourteen ( 14 ) ( xiv )-foot ( ft ) SHARK came OUT of NOWHERE and seemed to SHATTER ALL her dreams.... ' ' Soul Surfer ' ' reveals Ms. Hamilton's fight to recover from her ORDEAL and the way how also she grappled with the question of her future.... Strengthened by the love of her parents, Tom ( played by Dennis Quaid ) and Cheri ( played by Helen Hunt ), and supported by her youth group leader Sara ( played by Carrie Underwood ), Ms. Hamilton REFUSES to GIVE IN or GIVE UP, and begins a bold return to the water.... ' ' " for herself for herself, for a said staffer whosoever wrote it him/herself for him/herself, for ANYONE whosoever accepts also that this even says also, Thanks also for that this i of its said descriptions of this said film on life also with this i of the main characters with it now here STILL recounts also that " ' ' Ms. B. Hamilton ( played by Ms. A. Robb ) was born to surf.... A natural talent who took to the waves at a young age, she was leading an idyllic life on Kauai, participating in national surf competitions with her best friend Alana ( played by Lorraine Nicholson ), when EVERYTHING changed.... On Halloween morning, a fourteen ( 14 ) ( xiv )-foot ( ft ) SHARK came OUT of NOWHERE and seemed to SHATTER ALL her dreams.... ' ' Soul Surfer ' ' reveals Ms. Hamilton's fight to recover from her ORDEAL and the way how she grappled with the question of her future also.... Strengthened by the love of her parents, Tom ( played by Dennis Quaid ) and Cheri ( played by Helen Hunt ), and supported by her youth group leader Sara ( played by Carrie Underwood ), Ms. Hamilton REFUSES to GIVE IN or GIVE UP, and begins a bold return to the water.... ' ' " him/herself for him/herself, for fans, for readers, for others also and even for us, too....
½ January 18, 2017
Unoriginal, very predictable, poor story and not credible, Soul Surfer brings to us a schmaltzy story where that nor the charismatic characters neither the stunning waves can rescue.
January 11, 2017
Minus one star for having to much religions, I like this movie because it gives me hope, yes she lost her arm in a shark attack but she never gave up on her passion as a surfer. In reality, if that was me or another person you may not have that courage to continue on but after watching this movie it gives me hope that no matter what happens to me, as long as I have faith anything is possible .
PLUS 1 STAR FOR BEING INSPIRATIONAL
½ December 10, 2016
This is a good non-fiction movie it's nice to see the director's view it should have been a little more like the real thing. I do love the message and the meaning in this story.
November 20, 2016
This movie is great for children because it's telling them not to give up and try again
October 14, 2016
Very inspiring true story that lets you know anything can be overcome.
½ September 21, 2016
Beautifully told rendition of an amazing true comeback story. I loved it! Annasophia Robb was the perfect casting choice for the brave & inspiring surfer Bethany Hamilton. Also, impressive cgi & prosthetic makeup work on the removal of the arm.
August 11, 2016
Actually quite entertaining...
July 10, 2016
One of the examples were 'professional' critics simply err: This movie is much better than their ideas. Of course you need to like a drama, but if you do you will be well entertained and at times heartbreakingly taken away by the storyline. You also do neither have to be a Christian nor otherwise religious to like this movie.
½ June 30, 2016
Tells a good story with a positive outcome
½ June 29, 2016
This movie is complete TRASH! This is one of "those" movies that try to be inspirational but it fails to do so.
½ May 20, 2016
Despite some of the holywood cliches and over acting,it is the story that still makes up for the film.
May 17, 2016
Soapy but cute at times
½ April 26, 2016
This one is a wonder, an incredible story that can't be brought down by the horrible acting. Definitely worth seeing.
½ February 24, 2016
It's a light and entertaining story. It could have had less of a "generic" hollywood feel though.
January 16, 2016
this looks so interesting
January 11, 2016
Bad acting doesn't help make this movie any better than it sounds
December 28, 2015
Beautifully told rendition of an amazing true comeback story. I loved it! Annasophia Robb was the perfect casting choice of the brave surfer Bethany Hamilton. Also, impressive cgi & prosthetic makeup work on the removal of the arm.
October 27, 2015
Cheesy film. That preaching thing is particularly unbearable.
September 22, 2015
Soul Surfer is a decent film. It is about teenage surfer surfer Bethany Hamilton who overcomes the odds and her own fears of returning to the water after losing her left arm in a shark attack. AnnaSophia Robb and Dennis Quaid give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Sean McNamara did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and sports.