Stop-Loss - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stop-Loss Reviews

November 24, 2016
A reflection for those from military families
June 5, 2016
Touching movie and makes you think how thankul we are to have people serve for our country and how scary they are going back for it.
December 22, 2015
Despite a few earnest performances, and I do mean a few, Stop-Loss is a largely pedestrian and uninteresting military drama.
½ July 20, 2015
Stop - Loss unapologetically tackles the system while providing humor, drama and outstanding acting. You will be thinking about the message contained within as you wash the popcorn bowl.
June 11, 2015
Stop-Loss is nowhere near as powerful as Kimberly Peirce's previous classic, Boys Don't Cry, but it's still a thoughtful drama about the pointlessness of war. Very good performances from everyone.
January 18, 2015
Was a well made powerful movie. A topic rarely discussed or seen in cinema and cover an important issue relating to Army personnel , why should they be sent back when they don't want to and especially when it's not War time and even worse for those who were better soldiers .
November 28, 2014
ya
it looks horrible.
but rolling stone gave it 3 1/2 so i'll give it a shot
October 20, 2014
Too real. The PTSD, the crap US army policy... all too real. ~ (C) #stoptheviolence
July 29, 2014
T&A. Not very good. Very weak, sloppy and predictable writing.
½ July 12, 2014
Strong performances from Phillippe, Cornish and Gordon-Levitt save this film from disaster. The plot is very muddled to the point that it seemed to go in circles at times. By the end of the film, I felt like the conclusion made everything that preceded it a waste of time.
March 22, 2014
Pierce redemption film.
½ January 3, 2014
I'm on the fence about this one. While it's very realistic, I wasn't impressed with the film. Good performances by Ryan Phillippe & Channing Tatum (yes, beefcake delivers), good subject matter, but eh! Not horrible, not great.
October 28, 2013
While I'm a little wary of watching this movie, I'd like to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Steven Strait.
October 19, 2013
Great movie! Didn't know all these people were in it!
½ September 22, 2013
Ryan Phillippe, Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt all three in one movie is something but the movie itself is not. There are better movies about soldiers sick of war.
September 18, 2013
this is an amazing drama film, with strong and fulfilling performances from the cast
August 16, 2013
I am a Vietnam veteran. I don't know if I should be proud of that or ashamed. Now 40 years later I still find myself purposely avoiding war movies in general. Brings up demons of horror of war, but vets now have demons that WWII vets did not have to fend off. They did not have to carry the burden of knowing the war they fought was for no reason other than money and greed. Stop-loss touched that nerve that only soldiers of recent senseless wars can feel. There was a draft in the Vietnam era but I enlisted. Stop-loss was not an issue after my tour. If I had stayed in the service I am sure another tour would have been in the cards for me...that is why I left. I long to be proud if my country again. Every person in this country should be required to see this movie and others like "The Messenger" with Woody Harrelson. I too had the duty of going to notify people of the loss of their loved ones. That will haunt me forever. Stop-loss tapped the essence of my pain and I am sure the pain of others forced to kill in an unjust, illegal war. See it by all means! Ken K.
August 14, 2013
This is genuinely a very powerful film about war. Even though the old ground of "U.S Gouvernment deceitful, war bad", it touches on the specific issue of stop-loss. However even though the issues might drive it, it's the touching emotional dialogue and the edge-of-your seat action which keeps one enthralled. Not to spoil too much, the ending spoiled the film as hard-fought character developments end with ... Sort of nothing. I feel a bit cheated by it. Everything up until then is great though.
July 20, 2013
Superb acting following a heartfelt but thouroughly disturbing and depressing journey of a loyal soldier who is betrayed by the very country he risked his life for. Excellent entertainment that is not only entertaining but informative.
July 16, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.