Sunshine Reviews

• 4d ago

This wasn’t what I expected it to be, but, DAMN! It is a beautiful piece of art, with mind blowing visuals, and a dark sense of dread and suspense, while balancing itself out with decent human drama, and a killer soundtrack! Cillian Murphy does a good job as the main character of this horror/drama, and this was one of the first flicks where I saw actor Chris Evans shy away from the horrible action/comedy vibe, and plays a role where his dramatic talents are put on full blast. I grew to care about him, and the rest of the characters, and that’s really saying something about this feature! I don’t want to spoil this flick, but what happens in it, nearly hits you to the core with its perils and dramatic themes. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who’s into horror/sci-fi genres.

• Aug 06, 2019

Not only is this movie gorgeous right out of the gate, it also has a top notch slow burn thriller pacing. The musical score is definitely pulling its weight here, bringing both the weight of grandeur and a beautiful framework for the story, all the while digging its spurs into the tension. This movie is solidly character-driven and never loses sight of the mission, but keeps practicality always in the forefront of the story. For solidly tense sci-fi that's also fun to watch you can't do much better than this. Closest comparison: It's like a cross between U-571, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and parts of The Fountain.. Setting: Sci-fi Plot: Disaster Tone: Thriller

• Jul 29, 2019

Way out there, but super intense and almost impossible to look away! The movie's song, John Murphy - Sunshine (Adagio in D Minor), is possibly the greatest film song of all-time. Enjoy!

• Jul 25, 2019

Takes too long to get anywhere and once you get there, it doesn't produce.

Takes too long to get anywhere and once you get there, it doesn't produce.

• Jul 15, 2019

7.3/10 -(Seen on 7/14/19)

7.3/10 -(Seen on 7/14/19)

• Jul 14, 2019

Awful story telling with physics put to waste for the visuals, which also don't help. Logic sucks, characters behave as if they are still on the 8th grade. Camera work sucks as well. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to understand what's going on in the frame:) Hell, they even screwed up geometry:)

• Jul 13, 2019

At first glance this movie was great: awesome visuals, an engaging philosophical connection between life and the sun, some very fascinating ideas and theoretical science... but watching it again scientifically and intellectually it is just silly. It is hilarious sometimes at the sheer illogical things they do such as not flying the ship when they are running out of oxygen, fighting and telling people to run to see a dead man when they are running out of oxygen, even attempting to divert the mission for a failed ship... it is often comical even. Overall it is good for a 1 time watch but it shouldn't end up on anyone's shelf in the end.

• Jul 01, 2019

Hi - let's write a movie about something momentous happening in space - you know, the magnitude of the cosmos, the fragility of the human psyche, etc. How will we get across the fullness of our idea? Easy, there won't be any … we'll just use shakey-cam and lots of underlit scenes of people running and screaming for the last half of the movie and everyone will think we're auteurs. It will be great, trust me.

• Jun 29, 2019

Incoherent action and a muddled storyline. I'm amazed its ratings are as high as they appear to be.

• Jun 21, 2019

Beautiful visuals. The soundtrack was really good, as well. The story has holes but I really enjoyed it. Highly recommended.