The Warrior's Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Warrior's Way Reviews

October 4, 2016
This is a visual feast, artistic, stunning wardrobe, beautifully choreographed and wonderfully entertaining. There's humour and a lot of heart which balances the gore of the fight-scenes. The villain is satisfyingly vile and the actors really well cast. Jang, Bosworth and Rush are particularly fabulous. I loved it.
½ September 1, 2016
Purely fantasy East meets West hero swordsman shows off his sword skills to a gang of cowboys who never experienced a Ninja Asian before. Probably good for Ninja fans who like to see rogue cowboys slaughtered, and as for cinematography of scenes of circus carnival damage together with human carnage in the aftermath, probably a memorable art-like painting of still life that unfortunately is one of barely a few best bits in the film in high definition on Netflix just seen today ;;
August 12, 2016
Terrible and boring storyline.
½ July 21, 2016
Wild Arms, the movie
July 8, 2016
I really liked this movie. It's campy and bloody. Now I'm going to watch more movies with Dong-gun Jang in them.
½ June 3, 2016
A visual spectacle from the 300 School of Visual Set Design. A literal clash of cultures that may not appeal to everyone as East meets West. For me, the overrated fandom of ninjas have rarely done anything to excite me. Maybe its the ideas that ninjas today are nothing more than a bunch of skinny twats dressed up like they had just raided Dracula's masquerade closet but in this case I felt the that over the top combat did spark some interest in the stealth assassins. Not that the film doesn't have its flaws. The film does drag on for a bit before we actually see any action. I do we had more time to devote to the characters. But I feel that the visuals and the action allowed me to turn my brain off just long enough to forgive those issues. Definitely not an Oscar contender by any means but a good film to watch with your friends, drink a few beers and have a good time.

And I say with almost no sense of shame that the twenty minutes of over the top action and carnage near the end made me as giddy as a school girl on prom night...
April 23, 2016
Just saw this on TV & really enjoyed. I googled it to see if there was a Warrior's Way 2. I was very surprised to learn that Warrior's Way had been a box office bomb (but I don't like movie theaters & always wait for release to video). Maybe it' because I'm female, but I liked the plot,good acting & surreal scenery. I thought that the mix of the old West with Asian fighting would have excited young men. Maybe it was too artistic.
April 7, 2016
Ok movie. The plot is weak, feeling like a samurai blend of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Shoot 'Em Up, the visual effects are mostly lackluster, the swordplay fighting is solid, but the performances are forgettable.
February 20, 2016
There's something comforting about this movie. Watching it is like slipping back into my thirteen year old self. The plot doesn't matter, you can stop-start it, maybe miss a few scenes. But wait for the Big Fights. My mum wanted to know if the people were real people because they looked CG. That's fair.
½ February 5, 2016
This movie was so terrible! It's the only movie in my LIFE I've walked out on.... boring and cringe-worthy. This should be played in prisons as a form of torture...
October 29, 2015
I like cheesy predictable action B movies, if you don't just stay away.
August 1, 2015
This is really a bad movie. I've not seen anything this bad since Wild Wild West.
I don't really know what Geoffrey Rush was doing here ...
July 10, 2015
It was a very mixed movie. It started off with a interesting premise but started to become very dull. However the last 20 minutes of movie was action packed and very reminiscent of the matrix. Bland characters but still entertaining.
½ April 22, 2015
It boasts some cool action sequences, especially an amazing climax. But near its first half, 'The Warrior's Way' starts to feel like it's a totally different movie.
March 30, 2015
Though it could have been one awesome movie, The Warriors Way has god awful dialogue and action that is boring despite its premise which screams kick-ass action.
March 22, 2015
I enjoyed the first and last scenes of this movie, that actually have the warriors, but sadly, that's only about 1/10 of this movie. The rest is very annoying, dull, and awkward, with little that's actually worth watching.
March 7, 2015
I really don't understand the criticism of this film. I think it's highly underrated. One of my favorites. It's stunningly beautiful visually and emotionally engaging. It's funny when it should be, dark when needs to be, and super sexy the whole way through...
½ February 22, 2015
Sngmoo Lee directs with tongue firmly in cheek and a winning sense of the film's goofiness; to damn his agreeable campfest with faint praise,The Warrior's Way is easily the best circus-themed, martial-arts-heavy action-comedy oater of the year.
February 1, 2015
My entire family, including my grouchy brother, loved this movie. I think some reviewers sometimes forgets to suspend expectations and normalcy and just have some good old fashioned fun. Thank goodness I have never relied on a movie review to determine whether I see a movie or not. This is still on Netflix and I watch it often.
January 11, 2015