The American Reviews

• 5d ago

Well, that's an hour and 44 minutes I'll never get back. What a snooze fest. And the worst part was I saw everything coming. Totally predictable.

• Sep 03, 2020

The American starts out with a bang and develops an intense atmosphere, but it quickly stagnates into a shallow experience with pretty people interacting in pretty places. Subdued in just about every aspect, the American meanders and despite it's good qualities it ultimately feels like a waste of time.

• Aug 30, 2020

A unique entry to the genre this thriller is more of a art house movie than most but some people won't like it but for me it's a decent movie that I won't mind watching again.

• Aug 07, 2020

This is an odd movie in a couple of ways. It doesn't really give the viewer much to work with and I felt like I was missing something while watching it. As it turns out, it's a fairly boilerplate story that's just ok. I don't think it would work too well if Clooney wasn't the lead.

• Aug 01, 2020

Slow, boring bad acting and poorly directed, George please start reading scripts before you agree to do a film.

• Jun 27, 2020

What a shit show. Full of errors regarding the gun. The whole pleot doesn't make sense...

• Jun 14, 2020

A strong story and great performance from Clooney, it's incredibly dark but quite interesting and different than most hitman films.

• Jun 13, 2020

This movie stinks. The characters don't connect in any meaningful way. The plot feels like it was structured via "Mad Libs" randomness. What's simple should be more complex, what's complex should be more simple. It's basically a series of non sequiturs that seem disjointed even for non sequitors. I honestly at the end felt as if the movie went absolutely nowhere, and where it did go felt contrived and unrealistic. It's just not good.

• Jun 09, 2020

I figured out what was going on from the beginning, was not a surprise as there was literally nothing else going on in the movie... Was just a boring movie with not a lot going on. I love Clooney and the movie is set in the Abruzze which is the land of my ancestors but still.. meh.

• May 22, 2020

Awful film, plot is boring and slow. George Clooney is a wooden post, not a likeable character. Nothing happens in this film.