The Book of Henry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Book of Henry Reviews

December 13, 2017
(5.0 out of 6)
When we see we are ahead of the class when such places are not suited for us but we stay when we see there is some benefits to keep us in such places. When what others can't stop placing their eyes on are those who are in low places. When we see we are meticulous in placing things to always make sure we place every outcome and contingency possible. When we place others of greater importance when they rely on us for advise, protection and handle responsibility. When we see we naturally are put into high places when others prefer their places when staying young and happy is what they place first ahead of anything else. When others place other things when they are close neighbors & friends to place them closer to those. When what places that shouldn't be in such places we make note when it's not normal to be out of place. When what is out of place we can't control when we see we is placed in our head will kill us. When we only see time is of the essence to place everything in the spot we know those to find and understand every instruction we give to.

When we see some places are meant for just 2 to understand, when we know what such places exists. When other places we venture we cover everything there is to see when such places we can't go further to do. When we know what such places will take us but not what it will do to us and others when it takes us in different places.

When we see we must learn to go places alone without those by ourside. When such places are not the same without those not being there. When what places we once shared and connected with all those years we see just got smaller and emptier. When such places others go we stop them from going when we know what such places does to people to be strong for both of us. When such places we think hurt could be other places when we don't see what places will do to us when what once connects disconnects us and puts us out of place. When what others know what place we will be in and others to put those in their place. When such places we are in we know they are well suited to put those in place when others are trapped in such places they can't get out.

When we know what place others go when it's a price. When what place we ralegard ourselves others see insignificant when others places overshadows ours to only give people what they want. When we reassure those that there is no better place to be then here. When others need more time in other places we see they take enough time get acquainted with a new place & life.

When we see enough to see that such places others deserve, when what place they go when reminders of their past make them go dark places to always continue and keep those in dark places with them. When we see the right time and place to plan out everything to everything into place when it's alibi and draw those out from other places to have open place to execute others will. When what we don't intend to misplace we do when it shows where others place ought to be when they are a smart kid not a parent to be in our place. When we see what place we know to go when we still have a chance to place ourselves beside those to have a second chance. When what others see what they couldn't place they see what places others go when fragility only a few go in places at young age to know something is wrong. What others cannot undo their place amongst others they see there is no place for them to end their live. When what place we make for those to have a second chance we do so when our place ends to give others new roles and places to grow into.
December 12, 2017
LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Don't understand these negative reviews at all. One of the best movies I have ever seen.
December 11, 2017
Very surprised to see critics review it like this. Honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed Henry and his book. Stand up for what you believe in. It was a fun ride
December 3, 2017
super boring stuff........ whoever thought an idea like this one would work, was wrong, very very wrong.
November 30, 2017
This movie is one of the best i have ever seen.
November 26, 2017
This was an ambitious movie, and it is not clear who is the intended audience. I suppose it asks too much in terms of the suspension of disbelief. It has a storybook ending in the end, which is perhaps, too pat. But, you know, I still liked it pretty well. I despise the reviewers who dismissively and insultingly disparage the acting. I thought the acting was really very fine overall -- especially in the case of the two boys. This is a flawed movie, but much better than the miserable failure so many snide reviewers say it is.
½ November 25, 2017
Great movie....A tearjerker however.
November 25, 2017
The best movie I've ever seen and I hate the rotten tomatoes now because of this rating for the book of Henry this is fucking bullshit
½ November 24, 2017
This was one of the worst move experiences I had, it was sad tragic the main character was likeable but the author murdered him, the story was surreal and dumb.
½ November 24, 2017
This film was clearly made by an asshole
November 24, 2017
AMAZING!! I think it is very unique and different. 100% see again xx
November 22, 2017
Naomi Watts was amazing in this film
November 19, 2017
Wow. Such a freaking amazing movie. 10/10. I never do these type of reviews but honestly...it was just too good not to let you guys know.
November 14, 2017
A little predictable but still a very heartwarming tale of reversed roles and enduring strength!
November 13, 2017
A heavily under rated for very obvious reasons, but half of the cast is young kids. People get mad at the performance of the actors, but you can't be too harsh on a movie that is almost a whole kids carnival plus Naomi Watts with a sniper rifle.
November 12, 2017
Love this Fatal Fantasy!
November 10, 2017
I thought this movie was really good and had several funny parts in it along with the drama that unfolds. Very good depiction of real life and the feelings we have that influence our decision making. It was fun, horrific, dramatic, and a story about love all at the same time.
November 10, 2017
The Book of Henry is quite something for a drama film that follows a story that suppose to be quite a serious matter about child abuse and a gifted kid, who takes notes and has a solution on how to deal with it. The film in general fails to be a compelling drama from its lackluster script that has underdeveloped characters, uneven direction and tone, and some weird plot logic.

The plot follows a genius boy Henry (Jaeden Lieberher) and his younger brother Peter and there single mother Susan (Naomi Watts). Henry is gifted; he does all the financial situations for his mother. He even manages their stocks and bonds and gives the mother advice on what she can do. When there neighbor Christina (Maddie Ziegler) is abused by her step father. Henry takes matters to his own hands, when they can't contact the police cause the stepfather works for the police commissioner. He takes notes and plans a strategy to have her stepfather killed.

What I liked about the film is the cast ensemble, Jaeden Lieberher did great as Henry. A gifted intelligent child, which feels like he raises his mother instead of her being the responsible parent. Naomi Watts was okay, playing an irresponsible mother, who feeds her kids junk food and desserts. And plays xbox games. Which the movie feels a little weird to see Naomi Watts being a hardcore gamer. Jacob Tremblay was okay. And Maddie Ziegler was great as a child that is haunted by her abuse. And Dean Morris playing a creepy stepfather.

Otherwise, the things that did not work with the movie are about everything. I was disappointed with the direction. Especially, it's Colin Trevorrow, who did great with Jurassic World. But this short budget film was disappointing. The direction felt uneven. The movie felt like it's suppose to be a fairy coming of age tale than adding the dark serious matter like child abuse than having Susan training herself to be an assassin. There was no transition with its tone.

The script was filled with undeveloped characters. Susan as an irresponsible mother. Then, there is her alcoholic friend played Sarah Silverman which felt like she was unneeded in the movie.

Also, Michael Giacchino music score in the movie is disappointing compared to all his other work. The music felt like it's suppose to be a fairy tale tone when the plot and concept of the idea is suppose to be different. It just did not match with its tone and story.

Overall, The Book of the Henry is a bad film. Jaeden Lieberher and Maddie Ziegler were great in their roles. But the script was terrible because the characters were never developed. The direction and tone was all over the place and uneven. It had its lighter coming of age tale than switches to serious abuse matter.

I rate the film 2 out of 5 stars. I would not recommend it unless your re bored and want to see something than I ll say its best to consider this as a rental.
½ November 9, 2017
shows you some interesting elements at the top and then squanders them in a thematically tone deaf ordeal. Sarah Silverman shows yet another layer of acting potential but neither her she nor Watts? adept immersion can save this. Maybe most annoying of all is the old trope of making every adult a barely functioning thinker to make the genius child archetype seem smarter. In the end, there are as many reasons to hate this film as there are dalliances from its core story.
November 8, 2017
A meaningful quote:
Henry: ?Violence isn?t the worst thing in the world?
Mom: ?What is then??
Henry: ?Apathy?

I was afraid I was getting into a sappy story but it was definitely, in my opinion, a story worth telling and worth watching.
A very good film.
Nice touch with the Stevie Nicks song at the end too!