The Darkness Reviews

• 7h ago

This was not at all scary.Not even a bit. Literally a 5 year old can see this movie alone. Otherwise this is watchable.

• Nov 21, 2020

Rating: 6/10. 69/100

Rating: 6/10. 69/100

• Nov 19, 2020

ridiculous, easily one of the worst horror films in the world.

ridiculous, easily one of the worst horror films in the world.

• Sep 19, 2020

Formulaic horror where a couple in a doomed marriage are haunted because their autistic son took some ritualistic rocks home.

• Sep 13, 2020

5 minutes into the movie, Stephanie calls her little brother a genius and tells a big kid to not pick on him. 15 minutes into the movie, she finds ghostly hand prints on her bathroom mirror, blames her brother, and is so pissed off (for no reason?) she's shaking her brother and literally SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS. The mom comes in to break up the argument, but she doesn't just get between them or something. Instead she grabs Stephanie by the shoulders and throws her face-first at the coffee table like it's freaking WWE wrestling and she's trying to kill her daughter. This movie is almost so bad it's good.

• Sep 11, 2020

KInda interesting concept thats about it.

KInda interesting concept thats about it.

• Sep 06, 2020

This had all the necessary elements to be a solid horror movie. The main cast is solid with Radha Mitchell and Kevin Bacon. The special effects are pretty good if a bit pedestrian and cliche. There's just no there there. It's less a movie than a pile of lame ghost movie cliches. The plot is generic and predictable as is the ending. The characters are flat and unlikable. I kept forgetting their names while watching it. They aren't the worst characters I have seen in a horror movie. Competition for that title is intense. They are pretty flat and nothing though. The whole movie just doesn't amount to much of anything in the end.

• Jul 26, 2020

I have honestly never before seen a more unlikable cast of characters in my life, and I love Radha and Kevin Bacon. I was genuinely hoping for the monster to kill them all though the entire movie. They're all awful. 🤷‍♀️

• Jul 19, 2020

It steels every scene from a better film and never once scares.

It steels every scene from a better film and never once scares.

• Jul 18, 2020

Avoid it if you're looking for a horror movie, it's just not scary at all.

Avoid it if you're looking for a horror movie, it's just not scary at all.