The Double Reviews

• Jul 31, 2019

All I can say is wow. This movie is one of the best I've ever seen. Jesse Eisenberg steals the show with both of his roles, and the bleak setting is an amazing backdrop for the twisted story that unfolds. The film gives a feeling of panic that crescendos throughout it's runtime, and it ends with a "what the f***" moment that left me stunned. This is one of Jesse Eisenberg's best roles, and an amazing piece of cinema.

• Jul 19, 2019

One of the best films of the last 10 years, how has he not directed anything since?!?

• May 31, 2019

Glacier slow and difficult to get the social commentary oozing from this waste of talent.

• Mar 09, 2019

Richard Ayoade dirige esta pelicula tomando elementos ya vistos dentro este genero aunque muy pocas veces conocido por el publico general. Una historia que llega a ser intrigante rozando mucho con lo inquietante (terrorificamente hablando) por que Jesse Eisenberg hace un trabajo excepcional caracterizando dos personalidades distante pero cercanas de una manera admirable. Toca temas psicologico en tomar en cuenta para reflexionar y sorprende como esto llegue a impactar en la pantalla. Su error? Quizas quiso ser un tanto pretenciosa? posiblemente. Pero no deja de ser un gran disfrute.

• Jan 03, 2019

I wasn't disappointed, there's a lot of suspense in this movie.

I wasn't disappointed, there's a lot of suspense in this movie.

• Dec 01, 2018

A visually stunning film with strong direction and a formidable leading cast all make the ingredients of The Double far more savory than the dish itself. Ultimately, The Double is little more than an exercise in acting for the masterful Jesse Eisenberg, whose portrayals of both leading men fulfill all the acerbic, dark and sadistic tendencies that we suspect may parallel his offscreen personality.

• Jul 25, 2018

This film touches on so many themes - the loneliness of human experience and the need for connection, the feelingness of alienation, the monotony of life. It also feels like it either came from someones subconscious or it was a really strange acid trip. The filming is beautiful and extremely liminal.

• Jun 22, 2018

I liked the unique settings and sounds. However, the story is really dumb. And, the ending is confusing and unsatisfying. Watch it if you're really bored, but keep your expectations low

• May 14, 2018

A film that lingers days after you’ve watched it

A film that lingers days after you’ve watched it

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Mar 15, 2018

This atmospheric and visually stylized psychological thriller based on Dostoevsky brings to mind Kafka, Hitchcock, Brian De Palma, Orson Welles and even David Lynch in the way it makes us share the unsettling existence of a shy man who is forced to confront his loneliness.