The Favourite Reviews

• 2d ago

Well, I didn't like it at all. Uncomfortable to watch it with parents. Way too long and strange plot. I just got confused.

• 4d ago

Loved it,saw 9 times,never got bored.

Loved it,saw 9 times,never got bored.

• 6d ago

Everything here is incredible!!! Smart screenplay, production, and character study. Massively high art points; low entertainment/rewatch points, however.

• Jul 06, 2019

Boring very long movie starring who cares. I thought this movie would be like the directors previous film the lobster. It's not. I'll forget about this movie in t minus already forgot about it. How could this movie possibly win any Oscar. Oh wait it's cause no great movies came out last year.

• Jul 05, 2019

This was such a cool looking period piece, set direction and costume design team should be proud. The story was simple but the three main actresses are what made it great. I have to say that it was not what I expected yet I was pleased, Yargos ' scale for this film was just incredible at times I appreciate his attention to detail.

• Jul 02, 2019

Lanthimos' style of filmmaking is quite tiring in this one, using unnecessary techniques (in my humble opinion at least). An overrated film.

• Jun 30, 2019

Extremely well done by the 3 leading ladies - each of them playing the witty period part well.

• Jun 29, 2019

Movie night with Iris. This is deranged, unsettling stuff, with a strong vein of humour and vulgarity. The script and score are both sensational. Colman is superb, but so are Weisz and Stone. This is revisionist fare with three women at the centre of the film shooting guns, gorging on food and sex; plotting each other's downfall. Bravo.

• Jun 29, 2019

The Favourite is an incredible film and is really well done directed by Yorgos Lanthimos. A dark dramady that features the incredible Oscar nominated performances of Emma Stone, Rachel Weisz and Oscar winning performance of Olivia Coleman! They're all incredible actresses and they all do such an amazing job in it. The screenplay, written by Deborah Davis and Tony Mcnamera is so well done making great characters, a great story and overall, making the film how good it is!

• Jun 24, 2019

Wait, how did this not win Best Picture? Oh right, it's kind of weird and portrays white people as crazy, evil, irrational, and scheming. Seriously though, I did wonder how Yorgos would make a period drama/biopic and this is unlike any period drama/biopic that I can remember.