The Guilt Trip Reviews

• Jul 17, 2019

Awful. Seth Rogen is not funny in this. Saying that has he ever been.

Awful. Seth Rogen is not funny in this. Saying that has he ever been.

• Feb 20, 2019

Horrible, horrible movie. So many corny stereotypes.

Horrible, horrible movie. So many corny stereotypes.

• Aug 19, 2018

Dull. 95 minutes felt like 140. I chuckled twice.

Dull. 95 minutes felt like 140. I chuckled twice.

• Aug 08, 2018

Save for a few charming moments from the inimitable Babs (who this movie does its best to make an old, irritating Jewish stereotype of a woman), a genuinely touching final scene, and a line about shitting blood, I enjoyed absolutely nothing in The Guilt Trip. In fact, it's vile that this thing thought it could pass itself off as a film, what with zero stakes, conflict, or plot points that aren't advanced via wild contrivance. Yes, The Guilt Trip is absolutely AWFUL. But that's not the worst part. The worst part is not knowing who it's for. Is it for Streisand fans? I can't imagine; she's reduced to what I mentioned above. Is it for Seth Rogen fans? Because he smokes not a whiff of weed, none of his frequent collabs appear, and he is blindingly unlikable throughout. Hate you, movie.

• Jul 22, 2018

HORRIBLE. Don't waste a second on this drivel.

HORRIBLE. Don't waste a second on this drivel.

• Jun 18, 2018

Considering I'm not a Barbara Streisand fan AT ALL, I was hesitant about seeing this movie. Thanks to JetBlue, I got to see it for free. Fortunately, I wasn't just a captured audience. The chemistry between Babs and Seth Rogen was very natural. In what I thought would be a goofy comedy ended up being an adorable, heart-warming romp with mother and son where lessons were learned by both and wonderful memories were made. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it.

• Jun 13, 2018

This is the worst movie I've ever seen. The plot is flimsy, there is zero comedy, it's a strange drama. I can't believe I paid money to watch a son treat his mom like shit for hours.

• Apr 04, 2018

Good movie, could be considered a cash grab.

Good movie, could be considered a cash grab.

• Mar 14, 2018

Debiò llamarse Los monòlogos de la Streisand.

Debiò llamarse Los monòlogos de la Streisand.

• Jan 10, 2018

Guilt trip had good actors (Seth Rogan and Barbra Streisand,) however it wasn't enough to save this crumbling comedy. I must say it did have its funny moments, but the lack of keeping it funny throughout the film was irritating. Seth Rogan and Barbra Streisand did a good job in their performance, but it wasn't enough to keep this film comedicly levitated.