The Guilty (Den skyldige) Reviews

• 18h ago

The Guilty is a tense suspense film and an exercise in minimalism. Well worth the time. In Danish, but they are making a US remake which they will likely struggle to be this good.

• 2d ago

Wow! Jakob Cedergren's performance in the Danish thriller/crime drama 'The Guilty' is nuanced and effective. The film is tight and emotional and all about Cedergren who is the only one who has more than a line or two of dialogue and is seen on screen. Do yourself a favor and watch this before some American film studio makes a much worse film in the exact same style. It's claustrophobic, but it works and had me guessing and cringing. Final Score: 10/10

• Mar 11, 2020

Stunning, nerve-wracking--One of the best, if not the best, films of the year. It shows us that a smart director can hypnotize us with absolute minimalism. Jakob Cedergren's performance is phenomenal. Unforgettable. Do not miss it. I read that a Hollywood production company has already gotten the rights to make an American version, potentially starring Jake Gyllenhaall. I'm sure some Hollywood screenwriter will embellish it and slop it up. You can't possibly improve on this film.

• Feb 29, 2020

Incredible suspense built with great acting, super-contained environment and story.

• Feb 01, 2020

This Danish movie is very different than what I was expecting. I was expecting a very tight and heart-racing and scary thriller. And don't get me wrong, it does have its suspenseful and strange moments, but this film is almost more of a character study. It's a pic that tackles themes of redemption and doing the right thing. And what's also impressive about The Guilty is that all of the action happens in one room, which leaves the viewer imagining himself what could be happening on the other side of the phone. And Jakob Cedergren gives a good and convincing act. Overall, this is an interesting movie with a bit of good suspense and some content. Recommended!!

• Jan 12, 2020

Without question the best film I saw last year, tense, engaging and woooah what a plot twist. Highly recommended hidden gem on Netflix uk

• Jan 07, 2020

Just as l was thinking what a smart little movie this is, it descended into melodrama. Once believability goes, so does dramatic tension so the final third fell flat for me. Still it is a fresh take on cop movies set amongst a realistic looking police station with realistic routines and situations. If only the director had exercised a little more restraint....

• Jan 06, 2020

Quite exciting.....-

Quite exciting.....-

• Jan 03, 2020

Wow. With such a simple premise I was still glued to the screen for an hour an a half watching this police officer dealing with a dispatch call.

• Dec 27, 2019

Excellent, slow-burning thriller. The entire story happens in your head, and that makes it last a lot longer in your memory as well.