The Iceman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Iceman Reviews

December 9, 2016
Michael Shannon's best part to date
½ November 6, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Great cast. Michael Shannon almost makes you feel bad for The Iceman! Kuklinski and his brother were shaped into the monsters they became by their abusive parents. Watch it now!
½ September 30, 2016
I love Michael Shannon and I think overall it's an enjoyable film but no where near as good as it should've been.
September 24, 2016
Felt like the timeframe it was meant to represent and mostly accurate based on the Iceman books and interviews.
September 10, 2016
I like Michael Shannon as much as the next guy but this script and direction could use some work. Good try though... 3 stars just for Shannon.
½ September 1, 2016
Ray Liotta really isn't a good actor.
August 29, 2016
Brilliant in all departments.
½ August 28, 2016
Based on true accounts of the serial killer nicknamed "The Iceman". Pretty violent in places and acting is pretty decent too.
½ August 5, 2016
Michael Shannon gives an impressive portrayal of a killer who is oddly likeable, as far as killers go. It shows the blurred lines of psychology and how it varies for each individual; that a person can commit psychopathic atrocities but still possess humanity.
½ August 1, 2016
Not good at all. Very cheesy, poorly executed.
½ July 25, 2016
What a Thrilled film this came to, It tells the story about a serial killer on the loose who has been two high on drugs, And I recommend people checking out who haven't yet seen the film.

Score: 7.5/10
June 9, 2016
It's not original, but it has pretty good performances, with an interesting turn for David Schwimmer. Michael Shannon was good in the beginning, but then I just became annoyed with him, and I ultimately don't think his performance makes the movie worth watching. This is a cliche movie, but with known actors that give good enough performances. Worth catching for free (cable, streaming) but not worth paying.
½ June 4, 2016
Eihän tämä kertonutkaan Kimi Räikkösestä...no joo, aiheena siis sarjamurhaaja, jolla perhe-elämä. Ei ollut niin hyvä leffa kuin miltä kuulostaa, en oikein jaksanut pysyä hereillä.
½ May 24, 2016
A decent mob movie with a good cast. Unfortunately, doesn't risk enough or have a good ending to be all that memorable.
May 10, 2016
Filme mediano com uma excelente actuação de Michael Shannon, um maior desenvolvimento da história faria deste filme algo para durar no tempo
½ April 8, 2016
Michael Shannon's chilling performance may be the only reason The Iceman makes a mark, but its directionless plotting and shortsighted script are glaring stains on what could have been a fascinating true crime thriller. An amateurish biopic with Oscar aspirations and a made-for-TV competence, the film never realizes the heart-wrenching potential of its fascinating source material in spite of its AAA cast. The Iceman is, at its heart, is more like skimming a Wikipedia page than a character study. Thank the heavens for Shannon, because The Iceman is a cold, ho-hum day in Hell's Kitchen.
April 6, 2016
Ihad very high expectations for this movie. For something that is supposed. to be based on some pretty horrible and graphic events, this had to have. been the slowest rendition possible. At the hour and 15 minute mark I thought, okay, so wtf has even happened here because I don't know. Meh
April 2, 2016
Based on a real guy. He kills a lot of people over the span of many years and eventually gets caught. His partner is a bearded Captain America at one point, and his wife is Winona Ryder. It's interesting, but not jaw dropping.
½ March 23, 2016
C
Average performance by Michael Shannon, boring and dry at some parts, and a decent biography of a movie
February 15, 2016