The Ides of March - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ides of March Reviews

½ March 26, 2017
When its that time of year to see we follow the democratic process an elect some one in office. When we need to make people see somethings look clearer then others to give them a spotlight, clear loud voice and grab everyone's attention. When we need confirmation to what we see we need an inside tip when we are  a reporter. When somethings we can't see when there are hurdles and unsure bets. When we don't see what others see when we see some people letting us down when we see them breaking some promises that they cant deliver. When we like seeing the results in somethings but not other things when they are positive not negative. When somethings we don't notice, but see when they are in front of us talking we like. When somethings we see deliver the message and communication for plans ahead, strategize what's next. When somethings we see are a sire bet when we cover the spread and odds. When we need to see some people when we do a great job in what we do. When we see that there are people in charge of things that see to it that the right person wins. When we rather see some people on ourside and others winning when we are sure winners. When winning and losing is everything when we wish to be seen longer and with the right people. When we need to see that we win when we rather side by the side of others we see winning to cross check everything to make sure. When we see some people don't crack under pressure when their beliefs are firm. When we see we are smoother operators then others. When we like seeing some people in high places when they are charming in person as on camera. When what we see matters when looks matter to people rather what's within. When we need to see how those in charge see it when we are instructing them to lead and see in our point of view. When what others dont see they don't know when it's not important and makes look bad. When we don't want some people to see us in the wrong light when we don't want to bring that kind of impression. When we don't care how others see us when we are honest. When we see that somethings are seemingly turbulent, when some theories don't hold weight. When we wish to see some people for their honest opinion and facts when they matter to us when we see the people to believe in what we do will work. When we see we need to win by setting the bar high for people to see. When we see we need to appeal to certain people that would see eye to eye with us or are on our level. When we see that it's a matter of perspective when we need to make others see our point of view. When others like seeing us as much as we do. When we see that we made a mistake that we wish to not see happen again. When somethings we wish not to see get out we hide, while others get out. When we see that the ship is starting to break when back stabbing, disloyalty and leverage blackmailing are involved to expose a scandal. When others need a closer look to see what's going on. When we wish to see some scandals go to put a price over its head when it's not wanted over other things. When we see we need to do damage control over somethings. When we see that we can't rely on some people for somethings when they have a lapse in judgment to let them go. When we see that there are no friends but but whom can serve better. When we see somethings are coming out and other things will too when everyone needs to know and see. When we see that we must chose the other side and jump ship. When we see that judgment is everything when you join a team and whom you are is everything that make us give you chances, titles and power. When we see we are no longer trusted by both sides to lose everything and everyone. When we see power gives us and takes from us when we choose the wrong side and decisions. When others see no choice but to take another way out of a large scandal that would attract more people to see and want to know more that we can't take. When we see some people are honest to let everyone know the truth another way. When we see everyone wants something when sitting by our side.

When we see what we least expect when it's leverage we seek. When we see that we can't be easily blackmailed. When we need to see to believe when some people play it close to the chest to give in. When what we dont see behind closed doors can shift powers another way to see those fall and another rise and everything we campaign for is harder to achieve when we are pleasing others with hidden agendas and leverage to serve their needs. When we see things clearer then others to know it's part of the game. When we see some people are replaceable and others are not, when we all serve a purpose and want to be seen in a light that gives us power and allows us to climb higher and higher where the view is much better and we can't help but get more and more of. When those behind the camera can be seen when the brains of the campaign now has a face.
February 24, 2017
The Ideas of March is always going to have some sort of split of opinion because it's about politics. As a film, I thought it was well directed with interesting, intelligent characters. Everybody in the A list cast were good with Ryan Gosling, Even Rachel Wood, George Clooney, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Paul Giamatti giving particularly compelling performances. As for the screenplay, it make or breaks the film, it was let down on one or two occasions but for the rest, it was fantastic. I thought this was a fascinating, intriguing tale of betrayed and sneakiness that I will watch again.
February 16, 2017
Sayangnya, film ini masih dibawah ekspektasi saya. Pemain-pemain bagus ternyata belum menjadi sebuah jaminan mutlak. Film remake yang banyak menggunakan talent pemenang Academy Awards, seperti Clooney, Hoffmann, dan Tomei, sayangnya kurang terlalu memikat dengan film ini. Sepanjang 101 menit, penonton bukan dibawa untuk ke sebuah tontonan berbau politik yang mudah di cerna khalayak ramai, tetapi lebih ke sebuah tontonan politik yang dikemas begitu serius dan punya nilai intelejensi yang tinggi, sehingga akan sulit dimengerti oleh beberapa kalangan.
January 25, 2017
The Ides of March is a smart political drama with superb acting and a compelling story about power and corruption.
January 20, 2017
Exceptional dramatic political thriller... The Manchurian Candidate of its time. Great performances... On Blu-Ray.
January 3, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
December 29, 2016
Ärligt talat inget vidare. Och om amerikaner tror att det går till så här i politiken förstår jag att 50% stannar hemma när det är dags att gå till val.

Som bekant ger jag inte mycket för den parlamentariska demokratin, men jag vet också att göra en sansad bedömning. Och som thriller? Nope, det här har vi sett förr, och dessutom mycket skickligare utfört.
December 28, 2016
Gripping and engaging with a fascinating story.
December 22, 2016
Excellent acting and some gritty home truths about political morals and principles cannot rescue this good movie from two inescapable facts.

The George Clooney Hollywood democrat liberal fantasy about a pro abortion anti death penalty pro environment anti war atheist Presidential candidate is leftist intellectual day dreaming of the highest virtue signalling order.

Secondly the rather tame script's realism, doesn't sit at all well with 2016. Though I doubt this hyper real serious drama would have countenanced Trump any more than George's Marvellous liberal fantasy medicine candidate was in any way real....as it turns out it was even more unrealistic!
½ November 5, 2016
Cynical, entertaining piffle, but so crammed with movie star royalty (not just Gosling and Clooney, but the latelamented Philip Seymour Hoffman and Paul Giamatti play significant roles) that it would be hard for it not to be entertaining. I wish Giamatti and Hoffman had squared off at some point, but they didn't.
½ September 12, 2016
The acting, writing, and directing are all top notch here in this political drama. I was expecting a little more, it's a very good film that could've been great.
½ September 11, 2016
Half-baked and too cynical.
½ August 28, 2016
How many terrific performances in The Ides of March!
An extremely intriguing and well directed movie, definetely one of my favourite Political thrillers.
Good job George!
½ August 23, 2016
Is this a more authentic version of House of Cards, or is its cynicism just more naïve? The corruption of politics is fascinatingly told in this always great but especially poignant film. It's an argument against seeing any one individual as completely broken or evil, and instead blaming the corrupt system itself. The performances are super strong and the dialogue is endlessly clever in this not-fictional-enough black spot on American idealism (beautiful silhouette on a giant American flag).
August 16, 2016
Um espetáculo! Ryan Gosling está excelente neste drama-suspense político dirigido por Geroge Cloooney (sempre melhor atrás das câmeras). TUDO PELO PODER é envolvente e conta com uma narrativa muito bem amarrada, entre as melhores de 2011.
August 9, 2016
Great movie, well delivered, well acted, great cast.
July 22, 2016
****
Ryan Gosling and George Clooney shine in this political drama, with a great script and interesting characters.
July 19, 2016
A really solid political thriller.
July 16, 2016
Good drama. Little hard to believe at times.
½ June 19, 2016