The Judge Reviews

• Feb 29, 2020

Amongst all the ham on Netflix, The Judge shines in an excellent courtroom drama. Expect Duvall and Downey Jnr to act the screen off. The script however is overladen with too many plots and subtexts. Pared back to just the crime and a brothers' tragedy it would have had room to deeply explore all the emotions. It runs off into a bowl of lightly mixed salad. Still a satisfying watch. Robert Duvall acts like a Kiwi Fruit.

• Feb 10, 2020

This is not a flowery beautiful film. This is a real raw display of family breakdown and is deeply emotional. The acting is incredible. Downey and Duvall were incredible on screen. Must see.

• Jan 20, 2020

I cry every time I see this movie.

I cry every time I see this movie.

• Jan 17, 2020

I honestly have no idea what Rotten Tomatoes have against Robert Downey Jr anytime he does a role that is outside of the MCU but the hate towards this man is absolutely pathetic. The Judge made me cry like h*ll. Absolutely underrated film.

• Jan 16, 2020

This movie is absolutely brilliant, the subject may seem to be about the legal action whereas it is really about the relationship between father and son.The cinematography is outstanding. The cast choice is perfect, just admit to yourself would you have really enjoyed this if it weren't for Robert Downey Jr and Robert Duvall?? Overall a must-watch and amazing movie.

• Jan 05, 2020

Robert Downey Jr. & Robert Duvall... This Is A Perfect Movie. Seriously This Is Acting At It's Finest Here

• Dec 23, 2019

It's nice. Roused the emotion,makes you think of family.

It's nice. Roused the emotion,makes you think of family.

• Nov 11, 2019

Really a sentimental melodrama more than hardcore courtroom fare, The Judge is overly long and has a subplot concerning Downey's character and an ex girlfriend that wastes screen time and adds nothing to the story. Nevertheless, Downey demonstrates why he is one of the best actors of his generation. Duvall, whose legacy has long been established, doesn't coast on his reputation. He plays his character to the max. Good supporting performances by Vincent Donofrio, Billy Bob Thornton, and Dax Shepard. Movies like this that lack fast action and are not greatly suspenseful depend on our ability to identify with the characters. That requires a good script and good actors. The script is somewhat cumbersome, with overly long scenes and the aforementioned irrelevant sub plot. But the two star performers are top notch. Definitely worth a watch.

• Oct 29, 2019

A good, excitement and emotion packed production.

A good, excitement and emotion packed production.

• Oct 21, 2019

I feel the love in this movie......

I feel the love in this movie......