The Little Hours - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Little Hours Reviews

November 20, 2017
OH MY GAWD... I saw this film yesterday on Pay-Per-View and it had me rolling. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. It's kind of like Monty Python meets Napoleon Dynamite. Subtle, goofy and off-the-wall humor. I Loved it.
½ November 14, 2017
Sad to think that this cute movie is much more shy and less subversive than the 1970's Pasolini's "Trilogy of Life" movies
½ November 12, 2017
Amusing enough to get through but wouldn't recommend.
November 10, 2017
It's high time nunsploitation gets its time back in the limelight. Some hot scenes but otherwise boring and unfunny.
November 10, 2017
This is quite an interesting concept that gets a lot of mileage but is a hit and miss affair. The film starts with a lot of quirky humor but it can't maintain the pacing as it moulds into melodrama. The cast are impressive as they banter without a full script, something I discovered after. I thought the film was going to be slightly better and a potential cult film but it only comes out above average. The biggest lag is waiting for the next zany scene which is either odd or slighly funny. Reilly is one of the funniest in a small but great role for him, he can do so much with so little. I had watched this with recommendations and while it is funny, it just can't keep the momentum the whole way. 10-11-2017.
November 3, 2017
I loved The Little Hours. It is raunchy yet sincere; debauched yet human; cynical yet charming; hilarious yet emotional and absolutely hilarious. All of the actors are great! The writing is witty. What else can I say? Do yourself the favor and watch it.
October 31, 2017
Cooler than you think it is.
½ October 27, 2017
surprisingly hilarious
½ October 25, 2017
An uproarious sex farce and thankfully one that is no where near as dependent on anachronistic jokes as I had anticipated.
October 23, 2017
Another one that is just funny enough to recommend watching...once.
½ October 21, 2017
I have to give this film a good review because it was just that wacky and strange to make me laugh. Sometimes I didn't laugh because it wasn't funny. But, sometimes I did. And the whole premise is weird. And I can't believe they actually made this. But then again I'm glad they did. So, yea, maybe check it out.
October 16, 2017
Not bad, had some good moments in it. This was a raunchy film. Everyone gives a fun performance and you can tell everyone is having fun. It's a real funny movie too and everyone should get a kick out of it.
60/100
October 15, 2017
Reviewed 7.28.17. It's a funny concept, and the talented cast did their best, but the script and direction were sorely lacking. I am a fan of Aubrey Plaza, John C. Reilly and Nick Offerman. Heck, they can make me laugh without saying a word. Unfortunately, it's basically the only time they did. The dialogue was just flat out weak, missing time and time again at low hanging comedic fruit. The few truly funny moments left you hoping for more, but except for the final Fred Armisen (the Bishop) scene where he admonishes his flock, it could never get its comedic juices flowing. And at that point, it was too little too late for these hours.
½ October 14, 2017
Watched 15mins. Bored.
October 12, 2017
the director must have seen the tales of canterbury by pier paolo pasolini before filming this. it's a little but well rounded movie, aubrey plaza is exceptional.
October 11, 2017
Slim on story and jokes, the teenage allure of seeing famous actresses topless is the biggest draw of this flick.
½ October 10, 2017
the fact that this movie had limited released saved millions and the millions from wasting their precious time on this world. thank you mercy lord.
½ October 9, 2017
I found it not just funny but also original.
October 8, 2017
Its a truly great movie, about how people who cant fit in have to find ways to survive, and somehow true fun is always in the forbidden and in the things the masses cant grasp...the last scene at the bridge is just perfect.
October 8, 2017
After movies like 2017 "Blade Runner 2049" and "Mother!", "The Little Hours" was exactly what I needed. The cast is perfect! Specially Aubrey Plaza gives an Oscar-worthy performance! She is just so beautifully stressed out, angry and crazy. She is the best, but the remaining cast is also perfect. John C. Reily is the best priest ever! Alisson Brie, Dave Franco and Kate Micucci are totally irreproachable! This script is probably the most brightly funny, sarcastic and cynical one of the year. Despite some problems, "The Little Hours" is one of the best comedies of 2017!