The Lobster Reviews

• Jun 20, 2019

Absolutely atrocious movie. Overly artistic try-hard of a film. Tired of dry personalities and poor script writing being pawned off as art. .05 stars and wish I could give less.

• Jun 19, 2019

The Lobster is a 2015 absurdist dystopian black comedy film directed, co-written, and co-produced by Yorgos Lanthimos. This movie has such a quirky, different feel to it, and I really enjoyed the first half. But unfortunately the second half dragged a bit, contained less humour, and seemed more disjointed.

• Jun 19, 2019

I like weird, clever movies like ones by Charlie Kaufman, Spike Jonze, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, and Michel Gondry, so I thought the reviews indicated this would be a new favorite. I was very mislead. The director aims for realism, slice of life, in a fantasy situation of exaggerated societal forces, but once you understand the world he created, you're left wondering what the point is. I watched it a few years ago, so I hardly remember it, I'm mostly just left with dissappointment.

• Jun 18, 2019

An interesting premise that goes too long and is bogged down with pretention. An enjoyable movie with a few chuckles turns into a bore within the second half after he escapes the hotel leaving you wishing he was turned into a an animal instead.

• Jun 16, 2019

good cinematography, complicated

good cinematography, complicated

• Jun 09, 2019

A masterpiece. Nothing lacks meaning or purpose and its sublte absurdity is hilarious. The performances are fantastic and above all, it's stunningly shot and geniously written. 97/100

• Jun 05, 2019

One of the dumbest and worst movies I've ever seen.

One of the dumbest and worst movies I've ever seen.

• Jun 04, 2019

Director never ceases to amaze me. What incredible writing

Director never ceases to amaze me. What incredible writing

• May 31, 2019

must-watch multifaceted witty tale from unsullied thoughts.

must-watch multifaceted witty tale from unsullied thoughts.

• May 31, 2019

OMG! This movie is so amazing, so unique, and so thought-provoking! No, it's not a movie for you if the only type of movies you watch are cheesy Zac Efron movies, but if you enjoy great acting, a powerful script, ensemble, and cinematography, then you'll for sure love this movie. Yorgos Lanthimos is a very strong director, but he has an acquired taste. 9.9/10